Looks to die for

luggsy

Featured Posts

passed this boat today what a stunner pictures don't do it justice , after talking to a guy he said it was built by xr&d have you heard of them, I said have a look at the front of my boat

THE STUNNER

image.jpg1_zpsvyozvyth.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstdwnl9on.jpg

MY BOAT

image.jpg1_zpseacgiukb.jpg

Yes nice, but too much 'lift' on the back cabin for my taste.

Looks rather like a Phil Trotter boat to my untutored eye, otherwise...

DSC00629.jpg

(Credit sarahavhc, of this parish.)

Edit to add, hang on a sec, that's not a Northwich Trader anyway. Too much pizza...

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I had a look on xr&d site and it says the owners name is ian

Open quotesThis is our build of Ian's "Northwich trader" ... it has 17' swims fore and aft , 30" draught and double curvature "josh" bows and although not a replica it has been built with all the relevant line's and feature's of an original "trader" .Close quarters

Edited by luggsy

The boat originally pictured certainly looks like a " Northwich Trader" though why the bow is described as " Josher" I've no idea....the boat posted by Mike is Resolute, the Norton Canes demonstrator, which I co-own with Graham Edgson, the builder. I can hardly believe that it's 16 years since building started.

Cheers

Dave

Fascinating, given there is no such thing as a 'Northwich Trader', other than those built and so named by the esteemed Mr Trotter!

There was historically, of course, no such thing as a Northwich Trader.

However it is not correct that only R W Davies (Phil Trotter) uses that branding, as Barry Hawkins did as well, and more recently another builder has also started using the term, (though my memory fails me as to which!).

EDIT: Too early in the morning!

A third firm claiming use of the namew "Northwich Trader", if I had read properly, is, of course, XR&D!

I can only assume nobody has this name registered as their own, but it is confusing, isn't it?

(Still prefer both my own real "Northwich" boats though!)

Edited by alan_fincher

DSC00629.jpg

Edit to add, hang on a sec, that's not a Northwich Trader anyway. Too much pizza...

The ski ramp effect cabin lift turns me off the boat as well.

Resolute is a thing of beauty, makes a wonderful noise as well.

There was historically, of course, no such thing as a Northwich Trader.

However it is not correct that only R W Davies (Phil Trotter) uses that branding, as Barry Hawkins did as well, and more recently another builder has also started using the term, (though my memory fails me as to which!).

EDIT: Too early in the morning!

A third firm claiming use of the namew "Northwich Trader", if I had read properly, is, of course, XR&D!

I can only assume nobody has this name registered as their own, but it is confusing, isn't it?

(Still prefer both my own real "Northwich" boats though!)

Johnathon Wilson in one of his adds also I have seen the beast in its bare steel impressive looking boat built for stock with a gardner available if someone wanted it

Peter

I am not one for replicas, if I wanted a plonky plonky I would buy an original, or a bit of an original (the nearest I came to this was when Ed Mortimer was selling Ariel, but he did not want it to be turned into a "little tug") I agree this XR&D has too much lift on the cabin, probably accentuated by not enough lift on the stern. Even my own modest Rusty Dustbin (fabricated by Lee) has more pleasing lines at the rear end...well above the waterline.

DSC00629.jpg

Very nice. Ticks every box for me.

Could someone please explain the reference to pizza?

I normally attribute my late night howling errors (in this case posting a pic of a Norton Canes when I meant to post a Phil Trotter Northwich Trader) to too much wine, but last night I'd had none. I had however, just eaten the most humungous pizza, the monosium glutomate in which must have addled my furry brain.

Hope that helps.

:)

MtB

Ah, the way it read, I thought you were saying that it couldn't be that make of boat because it had too much pizza, which set me off thinking, "what feature of a boat can possibly resemble pizza?"

Ah, the way it read, I thought you were saying that it couldn't be that make of boat because it had too much pizza, which set me off thinking, "what feature of a boat can possibly resemble pizza?"

To be fair, for someone to think or say that a boat resembles a pizza in any way, must be completely doolally

To be fair, for someone to think or say that a boat resembles a pizza in any way, must be completely doolally

Precisely, which is why I wondered why anyone had thought, then said, it.

passed this boat today what a stunner pictures don't do it justice , after talking to a guy he said it was built by xr&d have you heard of them, I said have a look at the front of my boat

THE STUNNER

image.jpg1_zpsvyozvyth.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstdwnl9on.jpg

Looks like a fairly accurate copy of a Yarwood's built, GUCC Co boat to me, especially the shape of the cabin roof.

Keith

The said boat is mine..The dimensions for the shell were given to XR and D by myself, and they constructed it exacly how I wanted it..I cannot stress how pleased I am with it, it's a credit to their workmanship.. The 17ft aft swim rises by 8" to allow it to sit on its 'bum'..When it is fully fitted out and correctly ballasted it will look the biz!.. to me anyway lol..I also know we all have different tastes ;-) :-)

The said boat is mine..The dimensions for the shell were given to XR and D by myself, and they constructed it exacly how I wanted it..I cannot stress how pleased I am with it, it's a credit to their workmanship.. The 17ft aft swim rises by 8" to allow it to sit on its 'bum'..When it is fully fitted out and correctly ballasted it will look the biz!.. to me anyway lol..I also know we all have different tastes ;-) :-)

...and very good taste in your case! You even have proper handrails so you can be forgiven for the (fairly modest number of) rivettes.

What inhabits the engine room?

Thankyou Athy...if I could upload pics from my phone I would show you..A DM2 has taken root in there! :-)

Gosh, how your bank manager must love you. Brand new one or reconditioned?