First night on board. what did you wish you'd packed?

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

Bottled water - you never know the state of the on-board supply. Some food you can eat without a cooking appliance until you are sure you have enough gas to cook it.

Enough clothes to get warm and keep warm - heating may let you down.

p.s. I like the odd drink but booze in general is over rated. Just be happy in living the dream.

Bottled water - you never know the state of the on-board supply. Some food you can eat without a cooking appliance until you are sure you have enough gas to cook it.

Enough clothes to get warm and keep warm - heating may let you down.

p.s. I like the odd drink but booze in general is over rated. Just be happy in living the dream.

Theres an all you can eat/all types of cuisine place nearby so we planned to have lunch there and just take a picnic type thing for our dinner.

And I shall be packing lots of clothes and a snuggly throw.

Ah but that will always be necessary!

Anyway who uses notebooks these days for that? I use my phone....

Me- I like writing lists on paper.......and then I can't remember where I put the listbiggrin.png I must start to use the technology available to me xx

Me- I like writing lists on paper.......and then I can't remember where I put the listbiggrin.png I must start to use the technology available to me xx

Well yes, me too, that's why I started writing my notes on my phone!

I rarely lose the phone, unlike pieces of paper and notebooks. And even if I did, my notes are backed up automatically to the cloud, or something similarly ephemeral out there in the ether.

smile.png

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Ah but that will always be necessary!

Anyway who uses notebooks these days for that? I use my phone....

That kind of assumes you have remembered your phone. I often end up with the work phone instead of my own on the boat.

One particular pocket of whichever trousers I am wearing is designated "office" so all such lists, along with items like shop receipts, go straight in there. As the only telephones I own are plugged into walls at home they would be of little use in writing lists, or writing anything else for that matter.

One particular pocket of whichever trousers I am wearing is designated "office" so all such lists, along with items like shop receipts, go straight in there. As the only telephones I own are plugged into walls at home they would be of little use in writing lists, or writing anything else for that matter.

For such a technophobe I'm surprised you own a komputa...

:)

MtB

Me- I like writing lists on paper.......and then I can't remember where I put the list:D I must start to use the technology available to me xx

I tend to write lists and put them in an email to myself, that way the list is available to me on any device I can get my email on, iPhone, iPad and of course PC at home.

Of course this might be considered a bit old fashioned now that we have access to storage 'in the cloud' but it works for me.

For such a technophobe I'm surprised you own a komputa...

smile.png

MtB

Don't be so silly. Of course can't be a technophobe - I'm on the phone. But mobile phones are for younger people. That's why Mrs. Athy has one.

Just because you insist on fitting the latest computer- controlled engines to your boats...