reccomend hand held vac ?

two sausages

Featured Posts

Looking for a no frills low cost rechargeable hand held vac with lots of suck for round the cabin and stove. 240 or 12 v.

Maybe you've seen one on special offer ?

Moon on stick!

You can either have good performance or low price. The two are mutually exclusive.

Although I admit it is possible to get poor performance and high price together :)

MtB

Moon on stick!

You can either have good performance or low price. The two are mutually exclusive.

Although I admit it is possible to get poor performance and high price together smile.png

MtB

Did someone mention Dyson wink.png

I have one of these and it has very good suction with a mechanically driven brush to pick up the loose bits and an extendible hose to pick up the ash around and under the stove. Will run no problem from a 7-800w cheap modified inverter.

Electrolux WorkZone Z61A Stair & Car Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ND6ZM6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Qy8zub0RA60W1

I've tried various rechargeable ones and have always been disappointed- I bought the Dyson DC59 last week- itisn't cheap and I had some vouchers to use towards it which softened the blow.

It is fantastic, very powerful and very light and made easy work of the wiry hairs that my dog seems to constantly shed. It is genuinely good, and no I'm not biased to Dysons- I've had one before, but have also had other brands.

I bought it for the house and it made light work of the stairs- I've had problems with my shoulder recently and found the old hoover heavy and cumbersome to use

I have one of these and it has very good suction with a mechanically driven brush to pick up the loose bits and an extendible hose to pick up the ash around and under the stove. Will run no problem from a 7-800w cheap modified inverter.

Electrolux WorkZone Z61A Stair & Car Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ND6ZM6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Qy8zub0RA60W1

We have one of these, excellent performance but not rechargeable. The only issue is weight.

Looking for a no frills low cost rechargeable hand held vac with lots of suck for round the cabin and stove. 240 or 12 v.

Maybe you've seen one on special offer ?

12V vacuum cleaners are generally in the same league as 12V hairdryers, next to useless.

Go mains or mains re-chargeable.

Dyson have their critics but for a good performance without going to the expense of the very latest model this would be my choice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dyson-Multi-Handheld-Vacuum-Longer/dp/B005D74498/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416240186&sr=8-2&keywords=dyson

Mother in law has one and it's brilliant.

Edited by The Dog House

Don't bother with the Dirt Devil, list price £65 most places do it for £30-ish... The money would have been better spent on a Eubank!

I thought you were joking at first. I should have known better. A look on t'internet suggests that a Ewbank Chilli Vac is exactly what the OP needs. Prices seem to vary from about £40 to £70, I haven't seen any road tests of it though.

Dyson have their critics but for a good performance without going to the expense of the very latest model this would be my choice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dyson-Multi-Handheld-Vacuum-Longer/dp/B005D74498/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416240186&sr=8-2&keywords=dyson

Mother in law has one and it's brilliant.

I have one of these too and it isn't a patch on the DC58. I think the DC58 was £230. Well worth the extra £70.

MtB

I have one of these too and it isn't a patch on the DC58. I think the DC58 was £230. Well worth the extra £70.

MtB

I went to amazon to look at the dc58 (£219) and one of there links was to here http://www.electricshop.com/handheld-vacuum-cleaners/dyson-dc58-animal-handheld-vacuum-cleaner-with-free-2-year-warranty/invt/dc58animal?source=reevoo&utm_source=reevoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=

they had it for sale at £199 but after a couple of mins looking a window popped up to enter my email and I got £5 off. so at £194 with free delivery I ordered one

thanks mtb

• 6 months later...

Agreed. My Dyson DC58 is an AMAZING piece of kit. Completely brilliant.

I never thought I'd be able to get enthusiastic about a vacuum cleaner!

MtB

I bought the Dyson V6 a few weeks ago, which is the same as the DC58,except it has a long hollow pole with a motorised head, (like the DC59),so you can use it like an upright hoover, or a handheld.

Quite amazing! It's now no hassle whatsoever to hoover so I do it almost daily when on board.. previously it was almost never.

A lot if money for a hoover, but probably well spent.

Another vote for Dyson here. Deliberated hard before forking out for our DC34, but it's the best vacuum we've ever had. On or off the boat. I was sceptical the battery would last long enough, but we can do a thorough clean without running out of juice

Dyson hand held, the mutts nuts

Mount the mounting on the wall, they supply 12 v chargers for Dyson as well

Brilliant bit of kit

Col

Didn't know about the 12v chargers-thanks -will investigate