gutted.....

Rickent

Featured Posts

It happened to us 4 years ago, 1 day before moving onto our boat. we sold all the contents of our home except the bed which we were spending our

last night in and this was being picked up the following morning. We got the phone call at 9.30 p.m. from the person buying our house to inform us that

their buyer had pulled out that very day. After returning from the boat the same day after putting the final touches together we sold our car at 6.0pm and

was looking forward to the following day's train ride to BATH to start our new adventure. To say we were gutted would be an under statement, but we bit

the bullet and went anyway. The following months were somewhat worrying as we had to find a new buyer, fortunately we did, and haven't looked back since.

Hopefully you will find a new buyer soon and will put this disappointment down to experience. In the meantime we wish you have better luck and see you on

the cut with your dream fulfilled. Good luck.

It's a rotten thing to experience. Happened to me in 2012 so I know how gut wrenching it is.

My house did eventually sell and I bought my boat which I'm currently living on! smile.png

Fingers crossed you get a new buyer soon.

It happened to us 4 years ago, 1 day before moving onto our boat. we sold all the contents of our home except the bed which we were spending our

last night in and this was being picked up the following morning. We got the phone call at 9.30 p.m. from the person buying our house to inform us that

their buyer had pulled out that very day. After returning from the boat the same day after putting the final touches together we sold our car at 6.0pm and

was looking forward to the following day's train ride to BATH to start our new adventure. To say we were gutted would be an under statement, but we bit

the bullet and went anyway. The following months were somewhat worrying as we had to find a new buyer, fortunately we did, and haven't looked back since.

Hopefully you will find a new buyer soon and will put this disappointment down to experience. In the meantime we wish you have better luck and see you on

the cut with your dream fulfilled. Good luck.

At least we were not at such an advanced stage as you.

That would be absolutely soul destroying.

My good lady and I will look back on this and smile in a few months when we are snuggled up in front of our wood burner.

:-))

I am truly touched by the kindness of people on this forum , I knew this was a great place when I saw all the help and support offered to Marcus when his boat sank.

I cant wait to become a true member of this wonderful community.

Rick

You don't have to own a boat to be a true member Rick - just to have been smitten by a rather expensive bug is enough :)

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off - like you say you'll be chuckling in a few months time when you're sat on your new pride and joy in front of the stove.

Best of luck - keep us posted.

Yup it happened to us once thogh I did have a hand in it, on the day we were due to exchange the buyer decided he wanted us to drop the price by 5K (early 80s) and I said "stuff it I aint selling to you" but 3 days later we got a new buyer who had been guzzumped and were desperate to get somewhere as they were moving to London to start new jobs. In fact they stayed for over 30 years, my neice handle the sale of the property and realised from the documents that they had bought from us.

Things have a strange way of working out.

Phil

That's terrible

I had my second offer on my house yesterday so hopefully with a bit of pushing I can get the price nearer to where I want it too be and then get myself afloat before Xmas , I've got a housing association trying to buy mine with cash so fingers crossed

Sad news on the sale falling through, same happened to our friends recently, however 2 months later they got a better offer...fingers crossed that goes through OK.

Mean time Cloudinspector's suggestion might be worth some consideration?

Rent it out. We lived on our boat for two years leaving an empty house behind. It's now rented out so instead of costing us money it's providing an income for us.

When my parents finally admitted that a bungalow would be a better choice than a 130 yo house with stairs to rival Mount Everest and 1/3rd if an acre of garden we bought the bungalow for them, adapting it for octogenarian living and banked onthe sake of the land and house to return us to the status quo financially. The best laid plans of mice and men.........

As my mum was born in the house I took as gentle a stance as possible regarding the move, it took them four months for them to move completely, this was in 2008, they timed it immaculately to coincide with the crash and the bottom falling out of the mortgage market.

We got within 24 hrs of exchange of contract three times, with the buyers trying to reduce the price.

We declined their kind offers.

Then I got a brain tumour and the company I worked for treated me badly, so renovating this property was not on the cards.

Fast forward three years and having recovered I researched the options and found I was eligible for a grant as the house had been unoccupied for over two years. The catch? Rent it as social housing for three years.

Last month my first tenants moved in,I get rent every month, £21,000 of grant from the LA, (I had to provide a similar amount) I have a modernised property and a parent in suitable accomodation for his needs.

It had worked for my family though I wouldn't have predicted it at the outset.