cancel account

Featured Posts

I'm interested as to why the good Cap'n is leaving, I don't recall seeing him enbroiled in any outrage or scrap, in fact he has a very low profile having only posted 24 times since joining in Feb 2013.

Just curious that's all.

Phil

You must have missed it! But the writing was on the wall from his very first post, which was a question about stoves. He received 2 very helpful replies that totally answered his question, but he never came back to his thread to post any sort of acknowledgement or thanks. Such a lack of common courtesy tends to indicate someone who thinks they are the centre of the universe and thus finds any disagreement with their opinion to be intolerable.

I'm interested as to why the good Cap'n is leaving, I don't recall seeing him enbroiled in any outrage or scrap, in fact he has a very low profile having only posted 24 times since joining in Feb 2013.

Just curious that's all.

Phil

From the "Not a Nice Sight" thread

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

This is a strange forum full of uptight, angry, and abusive members, with no sense of humour, usually the same suspects that scan the posts waiting to be offended, I don't know another forum like it, which is strange for a forum about a relaxing, and peace full leisure activity.

Its just too depressing.

I'm not going to bother anymore, you can cancel my account.

Edited by Bazza2

He got extremely arsey with me for pointing out that 'flu' is not the correct spelling of 'flue' the other day.

Or it may have been "Captain Birdseye" (different poster, note the space). I can't find the thread right now.

I still wonder if they are doppels though.

MtB

He got extremely arsey with me for pointing out that 'flu' is not the correct spelling of 'flue' the other day.

On checking, I withdraw this. The arsey poster who got offended on behalf of dyslexic people was 'floatsyourboat', supported by CaptainJacks and Magnetman (to my surprise).

MtB

All I can say is that if he believes that this forum really is as he's described it & he's never come across anything else like it, he clearly doesn't watch any other forum! Clacking bell, if he wants to see what real abuse is, he should go & read what gets posted on any football fan forum &, for that matter, Twitter! CWDF is more like the W.I. in comparison - & I mean that as no disrespect to that fine institution.

Mate, get a life &, sorry to say, if you do go then good riddance.

• Greenie 1

Here's the other Captain birdseye...

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=21378

Same poster?

MtB

No, I think not.

Both I and at least one other member of the forum know the other Captain Birdseye (with a space) personally, and I cannot imagine that he would align himself with the opinions expressed by the OP of this thread.

Just out of curiosity: what happens to an ex-member's posts in this circumstance?

I can imagine that the database that generates the name of the poster and all the other personal information by each posting might get a bit confused...

When Julynian left he first changed his username to ex-member. His old posts still show up, they just show ex-member as the poster.

When Julynian left he first changed his username to ex-member. His old posts still show up, they just show ex-member as the poster.

Point of process. He cannot change his username, he must have requested a moderator to do this

Richard

I am open to correction but I believe if a members account is deleted all the posts go too, so continuity of the threads would be lost.

I think this msut be the case or the posts of all the spammers who pop up here from time to time would still show up.

The 'ex-member' moniker must be to avoid this happening.

MtB

Point of process. He cannot change his username, he must have requested a moderator to do this

Richard

IIRC he did, and thankfully his many useful (unlike the op) technical posts are still available. This i think was a "special arrangement" which allowed all his posts to remain. Many thanks to the mods here! cheers.gif