I got me a boat!

Tiller Trash

Featured Posts

Cheers !

Nothing quite comes close to that mixture of fear and exhilaration when you step aboard your own boat and start the engine for that first cruise.

Best of luck.

Edited by Kwacker

Welcome to the Bukh owners club, I have a 2G105 a 29hp beast, I probably fitted the engine and did the gas work and electrics in your boat as I worked for Coles Morton Marine from their start till 1979. My son Nick at TW Marine at Furness Vale is your best contact about the engine. 01663745757 is the number.

Cheers !

Nothing quite comes close to that mixture of fear and exhilaration when you step aboard your own boat and start the engine for that first cruise.

Best of luck.

Oh yes it does...

Untying your lines for the first time is FAR scarier, especially on a river!

MtB

Welcome to the Bukh owners club, I have a 2G105 a 29hp beast, I probably fitted the engine and did the gas work and electrics in your boat as I worked for Coles Morton Marine from their start till 1979. My son Nick at TW Marine at Furness Vale is your best contact about the engine. 01663745757 is the number.

I'll use this as an opportunity to give TW Marine a plug - not that they need it their reputation is peerless - Nick and Steve are two of the most knowledgeable and helpful guys I've ever encountered in the boating world.

Oh yes it does...

Untying your lines for the first time is FAR scarier, especially on a river!

MtB

Agreed, even worse on a semi flooded River Avon in 2007 around a lock next to a sunken narrowboat and that was with 9 years experience. Scary to say the least

You like finger breaker handrails then?

Richard

If you think those count as finger-breakers, you should try the flat bar type on SICKLE!

MtB

If you think Sickle's are bad, you should try the original Northwich design.

Sickle's have (sensibly!} been modified to give more clearance.

(I slipped off the sloping gunwale yesterday, ending up standing on the bottom of the cut for the first time in my boating career - my fingers have survived - it is the camera that hasn't!).