Naughty-Cal's East Coast Adventure

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

So the time has almost come. Just four days left at work and then we can set out on what is set to be Naughty-Cal's biggest adventure yet.

This weekend has been spent getting her ready to go. The engine oil and filter, supercharger oil and hydraulic fluids have all been changed in readiness and the final job of the weekend was changing the props for a fresh set.

blogger-image--1053206848.jpg

So on Thursday evening we will head down to the marina and I will spend Friday giving her a quick wash down and clean inside and she is ready to go when Liam gets back from work on Friday evening.

Now all we need is a bit of help from the weather gods.boat.gif

Edited by Naughty Cal

Just to throw a little spanner in the works I have just spent half an hour on the phone with Santander. It appears my bank card has been cloned so it has been cancelled and we have lost Liams!! So two days before we go and neither of us has a bank card. Will just have to do it the old fashioned way and visit branches along the route armed with ID. At least there are plenty of branches along our chosen route.......

Blimey even HSBC can post a card to another branch....they managed to do it with a cheque book as well when I needed one last year....I think you need to make more of a fuss....all banks have a secure internal postal system so there isn't any reason why not....try phoning the head office no and asking for fraud dept as you card has been cloned....they can often help where branches etc don't know what to do.

Cheers

Gareth

It was the fraud department I spoke too!

It's not really going to be too much of an issue. Liam's boss is being helpful and is going to pay him cash in hand so we don't have to worry too much about finding a branch of Santander. Plus I took a load of cash out last week so we should be fine.

Well I would be making noises about moving banks!....when we had a similar issue with a business account at Barclays the local branch were useless...however a phone call to the fraud dept and the fraud dept phoning the branch was an amazing kick up the arse and the branch couldn't do enough.....mind you Barclays were useless at most other stuff so we moved accounts!

It brasses me off when banks feel like they are doing you a favour....it's your money that pays them!...I would ask for a letter explaining the situation to take into other branches just in case they decide to be difficult as well.

Good luck with your trip!

Cheers

Gareth

....try phoning the head office no and asking for fraud dept as you card has been cloned....they can often help where branches etc don't know what to do.

When it happened to me Santander froze my account completely pending an investigation to satisfy themselves that it wasn't me carrying out the fraud so I'd have been happy with the restriction of having to pick up my card from a branch.

Well thats it. Torksey Lock is booked for 8.00pm on Friday evening. We will spend the evening on the lower lock landing and by 4.00pm on Saturday afternoon we should be sat in the clubhouse at Grimsby enjoying a beer or two.

Setting off from here tonight when Liam gets back from work. Then it's off to Torksey and through the lock tonight.

Tomorrow it's a one night stop in Grimsby to refuel and get us on the coast, well almost!

From there we aim to stop at Whitby, Newcastle and Eyemouth on the Scottish Borders spending a couple of nights in each harbour, before turning around and heading for home calling in at Amble, Hartlepool, Scarborough and Hull hopefully having a couple of nights in each port again.

Much depends on the weather and sea conditions really but it will be a fantastic trip if we manage to pull it off.

Forgot to mention. It was a proper nature spotting trip. We saw at least three dolphins, too many seals to count, puffins, gannets, guillemots, numerous gull species and a big fish that we are struggling to identify!

It's stopped raining at last and the sun has put in an appearance.

39319FC9-0EC2-4319-ADBB-A78926B73666.jpg

3967053C-FE9C-4D62-9524-CF1FF71434E4.jpg

Forgot to mention earlier. We were boarded by a fox whilst moored in Grimbsy last night. It chewed up Liam's gloves and my leather sandals. I scared it away twice in the night but obviously not quick enough . Little bugger was sat in the car park this morning bold as brass in the sunshine :)