Naughty-Cal's East Coast Adventure

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Thanks for taking the time to post these N.C., it's great to follow your adventures! Did you and Liam do any courses in navigation?

A sea " adventure"is something I would love to do myself!

Happy Hull :-)

Edited by Sas

Oh well Whitby it is again tonight! We got soaked just getting out of the harbour mouth this morning and after a further few faces fulls of sea decided to turn back and head for shelter which in itself was easier said than done!

C53B1C7D-FD73-434B-8F78-216326756455.jpg

Naughty-Cal even picked a little momento from one of her numerous nose dives!

76184166-AA02-4F39-B956-BD4FC15A914E.jpg

Yes it's quite breezy just further up at Saltburn too. Hope you can break out soon.

(You might bump into Jan today she has gone shopping in Whitby with her friend.)

Just been of a quick blast around the bay on NC with our new found friends, the chap is stationed at spurn lifeboat on his six days on.

Hope we don't meet up with him whilst he is at work, obviously in the best possible way !

Sea like a mill pond again. Looks like we are good to go again tomorrow unless that breeze picks up again!

So we made it to the Tyne at last. Better late than never I suppose.

32BC8CD9-2338-4DA4-9A82-07D4E1BBE7D7.jpg

FD7B8BD8-A572-4E0E-A30A-26AE32654610.jpg

A2512415-E4AC-445A-AB13-D18AD04EAC02.jpg

81B5A4F9-3D88-4FF9-B0A9-095247EFC17B.jpg

The further outlook for the weather however isn't great. In all likelihood we will lose another couple of cruising days so Eyemouth might be just that bit too far to reach. If this is the case, and we will keep an eye in the weather closely we will spend a couple of days here in Newcastle and then mooch downriver to Royal Quays for another couple of days before heading for home.

Its been quite breezy here again today, I expected you were going to be posting you were still stuck in Whitby, good to see you managed to get to sea.

The wind direction was the opposite way around, off the shore so not as bad. Was a bit lumpy in Tees bay where it widened out but everything onboard has survived so can't have been too bad !

Always feels it mind. Got a bit wet.

Wow!

When I see that it makes me wonder why we have a narrow boat!

Funny that. Crossing Tees Bay it made me wonder why we don't have a narrowboat :D

Sat here now though I wouldn't change it. Sun is shining and we are on our boat in Newcastle! Bring on the nightlife!

Funny that. Crossing Tees Bay it made me wonder why we don't have a narrowboat biggrin.png

It's not called 'Steel River' by some for nothing.....or did you mean because it was bit lumpy?

Edited by The Dog House

A bit?

I thought Naughty-Cal had decided being an airplane was a better option! Spent more time with the props out than in the water.

We decided though that the short route straight across the bay was the best option. Would have been smoother heading in land and hugging the coastline.

It's now certain we won't be making Scotland :(

Another days Shoreleave in North Shields today and looking a at the forecast probably tomorrow. Still there are worse places to be holed up.

This is the view from the back of the boat.

933C991D-36D5-4933-87EB-6ED86D448260.jpg

Rather unpleasant on the Tyne this morning so we turned tail and headed back up to the safety of the marina.

Doesn't look bad on the pictures but visibility was very poor and there was a nasty swell through the pier heads. Turning around was difficult enough!

A132CCFE-3CEC-42B1-B0AB-2EF5216EC06C.jpg

608EE58B-B3FA-4110-A27C-D6E55F24D2DF.jpg