Diesel prices on the Fossdyke/Witham/Chesterfield?

frangar

Featured Posts

Hi,

This might be aimed at Naughty Cal as they probably use more than most......

Before we leave this bit of the waterways I will need to top the fuel up....looking on the diesel fibrefactory list it doesn't look to be a cheap part of the network!

Just wondering if anyone has any handy tips for suppliers....cheap would be nice but also I don't really want stuff that's been sitting around for a while getting the bug!....I also prefer to be able to set my own split as a matter of principal....

Just another slight moan.....I do wish when someone goes to the trouble of setting up something like the fibrefactory list that people would email in prices and info...every time I have done it the update is there in a few days.....it would be a really handy resource if others did the same so it was up to date!

In case others don't know what I mean this is it

http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk

Cheers

Gareth

Diesel available at West Stockwith. I am sorry I don't know the price but I suspect it won't have stood around that long as it is the only diesel available on The Chesterfield Canal.

Diesel can only be obtained at West Stockwith. It is a good idea to ring ahead to make sure that it is available (07884 238780). If you are really struggling at the top end of the canal, you could try Central Garage at Kiveton Park which sells red diesel (01909 770555).

Diesel available at West Stockwith. I am sorry I don't know the price but I suspect it won't have stood around that long as it is the only diesel available on The Chesterfield Canal.

I was told that West Stockwith might be the cheapest about too but Nb No problems blog says it might be a fixed split although fibrefactory doesn't say it is ...I will have to have a phone about.....we aren't desperate at all yet but as there's not loads of places up here I thought it would be best to plan ahead!

Edited to add...

Blimey you lot type quick! Many thanks for all the replies...

Naughty Cal is the price at Geordies for the split or domestic?....it's either a good price or us midland types will need a lie down after paying!

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by frangar

I seem to remember west Stockwith being a bit pricey for diesel.

Torksey only sell at 60/40.

Burton Warters let you claim whatever split you like. Fully domestic is £0.90.

ETA: we tend to bring our own from a garage in Bramley which we know has a high turnover and sells clean, quality fuel.

Our last lot was from Geordies on the way back from Wells.

Edited by Naughty Cal

Sorry Naughty Cal....I edited as you posted!

Is Geordies price the set price or a domestic price?

Cheers

Gareth

Set price.

Hes very amenable as well. He opened on a Sunday for us a few weeks back as we were buying a lot of diesel from him. Nice chap.

Edited by Naughty Cal

There's also Tong's DIY shop opposite the VM's in Saxilby. Only into cans though - £1/£1.50 per litre.

Hmm. Ok in an emergency but we have had some suspect fuel from there before. They don't sell huge amounts so it can be sat around a while in their tank.

Their price is actually more expensive than Burton Waters!

Hi,

This might be aimed at Naughty Cal as they probably use more than most......

Before we leave this bit of the waterways I will need to top the fuel up....looking on the diesel fibrefactory list it doesn't look to be a cheap part of the network!

Just wondering if anyone has any handy tips for suppliers....cheap would be nice but also I don't really want stuff that's been sitting around for a while getting the bug!....I also prefer to be able to set my own split as a matter of principal....

Just another slight moan.....I do wish when someone goes to the trouble of setting up something like the fibrefactory list that people would email in prices and info...every time I have done it the update is there in a few days.....it would be a really handy resource if others did the same so it was up to date!

In case others don't know what I mean this is it

http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk

Cheers

Gareth

And he always emails a conformation that he has received it

And he always emails a conformation that he has received it

Yes he does!

I'm glad it's not just me sending stuff into him.

Looks like we will be stopping at Geordies tomorrow....we need a pump out and some gas so it will be a one stop shop....and from his website it looks to be the sort of quirky place I like....whilst I'm not a fan of set diesel prices I must say £1 a litre rather tips it for me!

Cheers

Gareth

And from the thread title, I was expecting a report of diesel contamination of the navigation...

:)

MtB

That's why I've just edited it - ;)

I didn't realise I had to run any topic title past the prefects before it was deemed suitable for posting..... I thought it quite nicely summed up what info I wanted...especially if you read the tags....oh well

Perhaps we should run all posts past a committee before they are put up to make sure they comply....

That would have been a lot of spilt diesel btw.....

Cheers

Gareth

I didn't realise I had to run any topic title past the prefects before it was deemed suitable for posting..... I thought it quite nicely summed up what info I wanted...especially if you read the tags....oh well

Perhaps we should run all posts past a committee before they are put up to make sure they comply....

That would have been a lot of spilt diesel btw.....

Cheers

Gareth

No

I paid 80p on the K&A a couple of weeks ago and yesterday 84 at Aynho on the S Oxford, today in Banbury its 83p

That's probably about right unless you go somewhere like Turners at Wheaton Aston.

I take it that's for full domestic though? In which case paying £1 litre isn't bad for any split really.

Cheers

Gareth