Looka this one

Marjorie

Featured Posts

Still better than 89% of boats owned by members of this forum !

That's a pretty precise figure.

Could you give details of the statistical analysis that enabled you to reach that conclusion?

You'd better duck.

Don't fall into that one Marco_mark,

clapping.gif

I can't remember if that was of Big Bang or Hitchhikers Guide fame !

(Welcome to the forum, By the way).

HG. It was the first sci fi I ever read (if it counts as sci fi? I don't know. I'm no expert) - courtesy of my best friend's dad, now sadly passed away, and sat firmly next to Douglas Adams and across from Tony Benn in the great pub in the sky.

Edited by Marjorie

Here's an Aga owner who doesn't.

But then the Aga is at home, not on the boat.

...and here's another who doesn't, though it's a Rayburn 460 rather than an Aga; made by the same company, though.

I will admit to a (rarely used) microwave oven.

Edited by Athy

ISTR it was mentioned in one of the mags many moons ago. The guy built it all himself with no previous experience of boat design. That's why the bow looks so weird, he just made it up on the spot. It was tied on the Spode House moorings between Armitage and Rugeley for a long time.

ISTR it was mentioned in one of the mags many moons ago. The guy built it all himself with no previous experience of boat design. That's why the bow looks so weird, he just made it up on the spot. It was tied on the Spode House moorings between Armitage and Rugeley for a long time.

That's pretty brave. It makes me like it a bit more :)

7560357324_20144c122a.jpgGrand Designs by mudlarker2, on Flickr

Beware of homebuilds unless they listen to experts

That was moored close to where we are now for quite some time. They spent a FORTUNE on it, didn't they. Money not at all well spent in that particular case... Edited by Marjorie

That was moored close to where we are now for quite some time. They spent a FORTUNE on it, didn't they. Money not at all well spent in that particular case...

Yes it was a terrible waste....I understand it has now been turned back into a lighter It was left swinging on a mooring in the Ray for ages. vandals got out to it and held a party and smashed the windows, painted graffiti over it. Made a real mess.

Eventually it broke its mooring and ended up on the foreshore near Chalkwell. I believe they were chasing the owner for damages to the timber breakwaters so I presume it was a forced sale.

Edited by John V

Crossed with this boat on the Atherstone flight this morning, being boated to Coventry by her new owners. Apparently they are very pleased with the interior but she “needs some jobs doing”. For example the engine was running like a sack of loose nuts, apparently because the exhaust is not supported between manifold and tail pipe and flails around noisily.

Not for me, but a good houseboat, I reckon.