Licence renewals

geoffwales

Featured Posts

Whoops!

Better phone them first thing Monday, you may if very lucky still get your discount but do not hold your breath.

You can pay over the phone.

Next year keep an eye on it yourself and if the reminder is not with you one month in advance start chasing.

good luck.

Hi, just noticed mine expires sunday and i havent received a renewal. Does anyone know if there running late.

They are 'not running late' I suspect but rather they are proving again you need a back up as they sometimes slip up it seems, or so some would have us believe.

My 'back up' is putting a reminder on my phone, rather like I do with other important stuff I have to pay. A basic paper calendar or diary would serve a similar purpose.

My second back up is taking note of the expiry date on my licence, which is clearly displayed upon it.

HTH.

It appears that what ever contact address you give them might well be ignored in favour of the address associated with the credit or debit card you paid your last licence with. Well that's what seemed to happen with our last application. It was only a separate unrelated enquiry that this came to light, and our contact details have now been changed to the contact details we requested in the first place LOL

C&RT's admin is in the twilight zone me thinks laugh.png

They are 'not running late' I suspect but rather they are proving again you need a back up as they sometimes slip up it seems, or so some would have us believe.

My 'back up' is putting a reminder on my phone, rather like I do with other important stuff I have to pay. A basic paper calendar or diary would serve a similar purpose.

My second back up is taking note of the expiry date on my licence, which is clearly displayed upon it.

HTH.

Good idea about the phone,

Good job i rang this morning, apparently its been sold, lol bit worrying really as i wasnt aware i was selling it. They cant say who or why my account was changed but i now have to wait for them to unblock my account.

Heyho im sure it will sort its self out

I pay by DD and never had a problem. I've always received reminders but I would never rely on them. I put a reminder in my diary and check that I have received the update information. I have to email them about the 15th of the month before with my new insurance policy number and have always had a polite acknowledgement.

They then take the money, usually on the first working day after the end of May, but sometimes they have taken it a few days later.

I pay by DD and never had a problem. I've always received reminders but I would never rely on them. I put a reminder in my diary and check that I have received the update information. I have to email them about the 15th of the month before with my new insurance policy number and have always had a polite acknowledgement.

They then take the money, usually on the first working day after the end of May, but sometimes they have taken it a few days later.

Exactly similar for me - - I pay by DD, annually, I always send them insurance details - always receive a courteous acknowledgement, and everything has been ticketty-boo.

Hi, just noticed mine expires sunday and i havent received a renewal. Does anyone know if there running late.

please don't take this the wrong way but lets hope for consistencies sake that C&RT don't offer you the discount. I was refused last year when I should have noticed that my boat Licence was on the verge of expiry and that you too get a barrage of replies reminding you of how its "your responsibility to ensure your boat is fully licensed". Yes I am being sarcastic, Yes I am still smarting that I wasn't reminded last year and Yes it still goes to prove that nearly a year on all the electronic reminders that C&RT promised would be in place to stop this sort of thing happening again are not in place. frusty.gif

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62553&hl=

please don't take this the wrong way but lets hope for consistencies sake that C&RT don't offer you the discount. I was refused last year when I should have noticed that my boat Licence was on the verge of expiry and that you too get a barrage of replies reminding you of how its "your responsibility to ensure your boat is fully licensed". Yes I am being sarcastic, Yes I am still smarting that I wasn't reminded last year and Yes it still goes to prove that nearly a year on all the electronic reminders that C&RT promised would be in place to stop this sort of thing happening again are not in place. :banghead:

Hey id feel the same, but the future is direct debit i think.

please don't take this the wrong way but lets hope for consistencies sake that C&RT don't offer you the discount. I was refused last year when I should have noticed that my boat Licence was on the verge of expiry and that you too get a barrage of replies reminding you of how its "your responsibility to ensure your boat is fully licensed". Yes I am being sarcastic, Yes I am still smarting that I wasn't reminded last year and Yes it still goes to prove that nearly a year on all the electronic reminders that C&RT promised would be in place to stop this sort of thing happening again are not in place. frusty.gif

Don't you take any responsibility for your own actions? It is only recently that we have received reminders for anything; it used to be your responsibility to tax your car in time, pay your rates bill and all the other things that come up for a renewal payment. We never used to rely on reminders and I don't now.

. My friend has just signed up to this but says you are not eligible for the prompt payment discount so it works out dearer ??

Your friend is wrong if he or she is referring to an annual DD.

If they signed up to a monthly DD they are correct.p

Edited by The Dog House

Don't you take any responsibility for your own actions? It is only recently that we have received reminders for anything; it used to be your responsibility to tax your car in time, pay your rates bill and all the other things that come up for a renewal payment. We never used to rely on reminders and I don't now.

yes, but my life is far from simple. I accept that last year I made a mistake. I picked up the boat in December but the licence was started in November and the reminder should have gone out in October but didn't. Without reaping this all up again ( I know I started it) just put yourself in my shoes for one moment. I have to balance a manic work life, a short but hectic home life and I unfortunately don't get to visit my boat as often as I would like so reminders for me are a necessity.

Edited by Escape

On the same subject do most people get their BSC documentation posted back with the renewal discs? I'm sure last year they did this with mine but this year they have just sent the discs - problem is I sent the original certificate (I think) because I couldn't find the blue copy they mention of and the photocopy I made wasn't very clear.

I pay mine by cheque. Last year I didn't get a bill but as ive had the boat a number of years knew it was due so it was all done by e mail without any problems. This year I've had my bill but 6 weeks early which was fine but they sent it to an address I changed several years ago, but recieved my discs by return of post to the proper address before the cheque could possibly have cleared so they obviously trust me :-)

Your friend is wrong if he or she is referring to an annual DD.

If they signed up to a monthly DD they are correct.p

Maybe he is paying it monthly

As TDH mantioned - you definitely get prompt payment discount if paying by Annual Direct Debit

. Ah ha mystery solved it is a monthly payment thanks for clearing that

Does anyone receive a reminder?

Glenn

. I never got one last year but got one this year, though when I tried renewing online this year it kept telling me I had know BSC and would,nt allow me to renew ,of the 4 years we have had a boat there has been a problem renewing my licence each time, I now just take a cheque into the office get a receipt and await it's arrival for a low tech person like myself it's the easiest way