Holiday Snaps from a Lost World

Featured Posts

Fantastic set of pictures, thanks for the link. Looks like early Kodachrome film stock.

Mr Gardiner gets in the ice creams during a short stop (left) and the couple enjoy a picnic next to a poppy-filled meadow (right). The photos were shot in colour using 35mm Agfacolor film, which was a novelty at the time

Daily mail rolleyes.gif

Nice pics though to be fair smile.png

What's wrong with the Daily Wail?

Finest paper ever published!

I stopped reading the Independent - too many big words.

Just as a matter of interest was early colour film 'true' colour (if there is such a thing) or was it similar to the 'Technicolor' process?

Edited by bag 'o' bones

Fantastic set of pictures, thanks for the link. Looks like early Kodachrome film stock.

From the article:

The photos were shot in colour using 35mm Agfacolor film, which was a novelty at the time

True colour is what you see with your eye in real life. What prints were in colour often faded with time, but these are very good. There were paints available to colour black and white prints, Dad had some and the evidence of his using them did the print no favours!

Wonderful shots, and a great little car to go with them. Thanks for posting the links.

Hi,

In today's Mail on Line there is a good follow up to some of these pictures featuring 'then and now' views.

Nice pictures of Brayford Pool amongst them, and of London.

Perhaps someone would do a 'linky'.

L

True colour is what you see with your eye in real life. What prints were in colour often faded with time, but these are very good. There were paints available to colour black and white prints, Dad had some and the evidence of his using them did the print no favours!

Wonderful shots, and a great little car to go with them. Thanks for posting the links.

Which eye?

When I close each eye in turn I see a slightly different colour in the other. I cannot imagine I am alone in this.

I have often wondered if what I see as red others see as my green and vice versa. Maybe grass is really red but I call it green because that is what I have been taught. ninja.gif

George ex nb Alton retired

Which eye?

When I close each eye in turn I see a slightly different colour in the other. I cannot imagine I am alone in this.

I have often wondered if what I see as red others see as my green and vice versa. Maybe grass is really red but I call it green because that is what I have been taught. ninja.gif

You are absolutely correct. I too see reds stronger in one eye, and greens stronger in the other. And I am told cats only see in black and white - this may help them see a moving prey I don't know, but what is true to one person may be different to another. I think the consensus on grass being green is pretty well established though - at least to humans!

I used to use Agfa colour film, but found they all came out tinged in too much green. Kodak seemed better, but even modern digital cameras show things in shades that differ from what the eye sees, and as for what printers produce - less said the better. Sometimes black and white are tops.

Derek

ninja.gif

By coincidence only yesterday I was chatting to the builder working on my house about colour-blindness, he too sees colour differently in each eye. This is something I'd never heard of before.

Rob

Edited by Rusty Rivet