What is the most controversial boating topic?

Neil2

Featured Posts

clapping.gif Oh what a brilliant thread,

I've just shown it to a few people during my daily pilgrimage to the Cafe, and it's raised a laugh or two.Most have said 'Cant believe we argue about so much, do we actually get out & do any boating'

We are now being compared to being as happy as fishermen seen on the bank.

Brilliant !.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Just to slip off topic:

We're presently tied on the Coventry towpath between Streethay and the new marina. We've just been hit a right whang by a boat coming from behind. Thought at first it was a novice hirer, but then saw that the boat had a sign on the side "this boat has just been sold from Venetian Marine". He zig zagged his way down the cut towards Huddlesford.

Presumably on his way to London and has managed to get up the Cheshire Locks, through Harecastle and down the other side without learning how to steer.

A sticker doesn't mean its not been re-sold. You've assumed the owner/driver has come from Venetian Marina. Also, might be the boat has been lent out, etc.

Copyright issues with publishing PMs?

Actually, although I suggested 'leaving lock gates open', that hasn't come up for ages. Do we all close gates behind us without thinking about it now (unless there is someone coming the other way, Yippee!) ?

clapping.gif Oh what a brilliant thread,

I've just shown it to a few people during my daily pilgrimage to the Cafe, and it's raised a laugh or two.Most have said 'Cant believe we argue about so much, do we actually get out & do any boating'

Brilliant !.

It's not arguing!! It's discussing, meaningfully.

Bob

I don't believe anybody has mentioned pram hoods yet.....nor indeed galvanic isolators/transformers ( to fit or not to fit that is the question)

Edited by The Dog House