Boat envy

peterboat

Featured Posts

Hi all

Have any of you suffered boat envy.

I normally admire other boats but a new boat arrived on our moorings last week which made me green with envy a semi Dutch barge with fixed wheelhouse and flydeck with wheel she is beautifull. 60 x 14 ish sea going and the chap built it himself truly the lines to me are perfik. So if I ever win the lottery I am having the same such a lovely boat.

Not all of you out there aprove of us big boat owners but on our big waterways oop North it makes sense and with this beauty crossing the chanel is not an issue now where is that lottery ticket LOL

Peter

Hi Paul,

Yes it will happen, for me its a NB, had great times on the cut when younger and some years ago we worked along them. [fiber optic cable laying] this rekindled my interest again, it just grabs you and cant let go,any way we will get there of that i am sure.

'Semi Dutch barge'

unsure.png

You mean because of the flybridge I guess.

Trawler yacht style barge?

Walker boats do one

http://www.western-horizon.co.uk/boat_details.php?boat_id=144

Yes nearly the same as this boat I think Lyneve has slightly nicer lines but wouldnt turn either of them down. I really will have to check those tickets. To make it worse my own boat is nearly the same size with a folding wheelhouse but its just those lines that do it for me anyway this week I am going to fit my Vetus wheel for steering so getting their slowly

Peter

Have any of you suffered boat envy......

Not particularly, sure there are 'better' boats out there but none of them are a substitute for buying a boat shell and fitting out yourself to a standard comparable with one 'off the peg' (or bespoke for that matter!).

A modest well used boat that is loved and cherished by its owner has go to be more rewarding than a money no object trophy boat bought on a whim (whitefield?).

Well if I won the lottery I would buy this on a whim and suffer somebody else's hard work.

I tend to agree. I don't think we're being completely honest if we don't admit to a degree of envy when we see great boats. Having spent thousands of hours fitting out my boat I'd happily settle for someone else doing the work next time. Designing the boat of my dreams would be reward enough for me.

Edited by blackrose

Have any of you suffered boat envy......

Not particularly, sure there are 'better' boats out there but none of them are a substitute for buying a boat shell and fitting out yourself to a standard comparable with one 'off the peg' (or bespoke for that matter!).

A modest well used boat that is loved and cherished by its owner has go to be more rewarding than a money no object trophy boat bought on a whim (whitefield?).

The guy built it himself everthing including the shell built it in a barn from the proceeds from his company that he sold what can I say that is a big project

Peter

Strange how it seems to be going along without the sails up....

smile.png

MtB

Funnely enough that funnel might have something to do with an engine of some sorts but is is a stunning boat and one I would love to own

Peter

Strange how it seems to be going along without the sails up....

That would be the two six pot Gardners doing their thing.

It only has a steadying sail as it is a motor yacht.

It looks too perfect to be a real one smile.png

Me and the kids would soon rough it up a bit.

Formerly owned by the Duke of Westminster who spent £6 million on the refit, now belongs to some oil sheik I believe and is for sale for £2.5 million though it's been on the market for ages now so offers may be considered.

Edited to add: Down to 2.2 million Euros I see....Still a bit out of my price range but getting closer.

Edited by carlt

Edited to add: Down to 2.2 million Euros I see....Still a bit out of my price range but getting closer.

Have you noticed the "Fair Lady II" ? A remarkably similar motor yacht (also being brokered by Eastern Yachts) in need of finishing. I bet you could buy it for around half of it's 200k asking price!

This one had me hurredly calculating my net worth before realising that the cost of completing it might be multiples of the cost of buying it. and even then the cost of running and mooring it would sadly be beyond me.