Tree fallen on a boat - Joshua

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

I imagine either CaRT or the moorer would have a valid case for compensation against the owner of the tree. In the real world, the boater's insurers will deal with that, though.

(and don't tell me it's an act of god...)

Hi,

The trees which caused me problems were planted on a BW/CaRT long term mooring about 25 years ago. Regulations as to what you can and can't do on CaRT moorings are clear, but for the most part totally ignored by tenants and not enforced by CaRT.

Tenants still plant Leylandii for screening purposes - these will create problems in perhaps 20 to 25 years time, surely an enforced policy of no tree planting will overcome these problems.

If CaRT LTM moorings were run along the lines as marinas Cart would save money - which it claims is in short supply.

L

PS - Why should insurers pay to repair the damage and the boat owner lose his NCB? - when a more pro active policy enforced by CaRT would stop trees being planted.

Edited by LEO

Haven't you got a capital 'I' on your keyboard?

Tip if you don't like it..simples Don't Read It :) comprende get MOI drift :)

Haven't you got a capital 'I' on your keyboard?

Tip if you don't like it..simples Don't Read It :) comprende get MOI drift :)

I know what you mean, irritated me so much that eventually put Tree on ignore.

Phil

:)

• Greenie 2

Can you put people on ignore, I might add you to mine Phil, I can't stand your Simpsons avatar and Tree is my friend please don't upset her.

Moi will be a very angry cat if you do.

Feel free to ignore if you wish, and as for avatars, I am a dog person, nuff said

Phil

Feel free to ignore if you wish, and as for avatars, I am a dog person, nuff said

Phil

We all post on here in the way that we do.

Some of us post in a very direct and forthright manner and that attracts comment, some may be irritated by that fairy nuff.

Some post in a manner akin to a ten year old child and some may be irritated by that too. Fairy nuff too.

Whatever we post and however we post it we should expect comment.

Edited by The Dog House

For god sake guys, don't wind Tree up, I have got to put up with her till wed! In the great scheme of things, it really isn't that important.

Would jus like to say that I always enjoyed Tree's posts but in the end got tired of an excess of smilies and moi's, pity really as she always came across as a very pleasent person but for me it all got too much, didn't mean to offend Tree.

Phil

Can you put people on ignore, I might add you to mine Phil, I can't stand your Simpsons avatar and Tree is my friend please don't upset her.

Moi will be a very angry cat if you do.

What she said!

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Please try not to be so rude.

What she said!

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Please try not to be so rude.

I can't promise to try but I'll try to try. As I said I had no intention of causing offence and if it came across as rude then I am sorry, however I stand by my second post.

Phil

Hi,

The trees which caused me problems were planted on a BW/CaRT long term mooring about 25 years ago. Regulations as to what you can and can't do on CaRT moorings are clear, but for the most part totally ignored by tenants and not enforced by CaRT.

Tenants still plant Leylandii for screening purposes - these will create problems in perhaps 20 to 25 years time, surely an enforced policy of no tree planting will overcome these problems.

If CaRT LTM moorings were run along the lines as marinas Cart would save money - which it claims is in short supply.

L

PS - Why should insurers pay to repair the damage and the boat owner lose his NCB? - when a more pro active policy enforced by CaRT would stop trees being planted.

Thanks -- I was wondering whose fallen tree it was. My point was not so much that the insurers would pay for the damage, but rather that the insurance company could sue the owner in order to recover the costs. If CaRT is the landowner it seems a bit futile, but I would have thought that CaRT themselves should have third-party liability insurance to cover damage when their stuff falls over. That's why we houseowners have insurance -- supposing my tree falls on a neighbour's garage?

Sometimes its very comforting to know I appear to be on some peoples ignore list....

I'm with you there, Martin!

Moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi

Moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi

moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi

Moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi

Edited for spelling :D

Edited by Wanted

Moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi

How come you a number capital M's that are not preceded by a full stop.

Martyn

There's a smilie somewhere.

Sounds like a load of Sloane Rangers greeting each other.

Phil

• Greenie 1

Edited for spelling biggrin.png

your spelling is fine. Your grammar however, is appalling

I don't think for a minute that tree will be put off by a few negative comments, however, moi for one would hate it if we started to loose posters who actually show a bit of personality in their writing instead of a mass of posts that pay more attention to appeasing the sea of pedants that infect every forum the world over.

• Greenie 2

oi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi moi

Edited for spelling biggrin.png

Script from an episode of Absolutely Fabulous? ;)

I don't believe I made any negative comments about Tree in fact stated I enjoyed her posts and would have continued to enjoy her posts but for the plethora of smilies and the insertion of the word moi, many people may love to see a post full of smilies and moi's but I just got tired of wading through them, was I wrong to admit that? Or should I have just kept quiet to appease the lovers of affectation or maybe assumed a style of posting akin to Ja Ja Binks just to be different.

Phil

Yeah but, on one hand you plead positivity and honesty and then end up by using an underhand joke and accusation that someone is trying to be 'different'

You wisely used the ignor function, I think you didn't them need to single one person out by telling us.

Anyhow, moi isn't up for a scrap, just spouting my opinion, :);):cheers::);)

Yeah but, on one hand you plead positivity and honesty and then end up by using an underhand joke and accusation that someone is trying to be 'different'

You wisely used the ignor function, I think you didn't them need to single one person out by telling us.

Anyhow, moi isn't up for a scrap, just spouting my opinion, :);):cheers::);)

To which you are entitled as was I

Phil