:( wheres Matty our weather guru when you need him

tree

Featured Posts

:( now then! now then! ..this is a very rare occasion indeedy ..moi feeling grumpy grrr...

Matty! Matty! where for art thou... as moi needs to know when this ruddy horrid wind will stop bashing moi boat around.

its been carrying-on for the best part of the day and the wind strength has been increasing in tempo, for the last couple of hours and moi

darent go to sleep :(

Everything is tied down safely on moi roof and moi is keeping and eye on the pramcover ( dont really want to take it down as with the

rain ..it keeps the cruiser -stern nice and dry)

moi didnt get much kip last night because of the wind and would like to know when its going to stop.

moi keeps checking the local weather station ... moi knows lots of people are having worst time, and shouldnt grumble ..but its really

scary :(

grumpy rant over unsure.png

sad.png now then! now then! ..this is a very rare occasion indeedy ..moi feeling grumpy grrr...

Matty! Matty! where for art thou... as moi needs to know when this ruddy horrid wind will stop bashing moi boat around.

its been carrying-on for the best part of the day and the wind strength has been increasing in tempo, for the last couple of hours and moi

darent go to sleep sad.png

Everything is tied down safely on moi roof and moi is keeping and eye on the pramcover ( dont really want to take it down as with the

rain ..it keeps the cruiser -stern nice and dry)

moi didnt get much kip last night because of the wind and would like to know when its going to stop.

moi keeps checking the local weather station ... moi knows lots of people are having worst time, and shouldnt grumble ..but its really

scary sad.png

grumpy rant over unsure.png

Don't worry Tree its going to ease down in a few days time,closedeyes.gif he he, no it should start to ease off after about 2am. I'm getting bashed about too. Think yourself lucky your not in a plane many have aborted landing at the last moment and been stooging about for hours trying to land and have diverted elswhere like Manchester, Birmingham, even Amsterdam.

huggles from someone who's also being battered around and feeling quite uneasy.

My hubby is sound asleep having assured me nothing can go wrong.

:) aww..tankies Ange xx normally moi is not such a wuss about stuff..but after the floods last week and these ruddy winds, even now it is drowning out the tv ( which aint a bad thing i suppose) moi is a lickle tetchy :(

luckily my boat was moved a couple of weeks ago due to the EA doing works on the lock and its now breasted up to another boat which is on poles.. so its ok but the constant 'bashing' around and the noise is a lickle un-nerving.

daft thing is moi darent go to sleep yet until the local weather station shows that the wind is dying down.

oh! well as they say 'worst things happen at sea'

stay safe xxxx

Don't worry Tree its going to ease down in a few days time,closedeyes.gif he he, no it should start to ease off after about 2am. I'm getting bashed about too. Think yourself lucky your not in a plane many have aborted landing at the last moment and been stooging about for hours trying to land and have diverted elswhere like Manchester, Birmingham, even Amsterdam.

:) tankies master bizzard, recon moi will just try and stay awake till 2am. Worst thing is moi has to go back to work early tomorrow instead of next weds ,and moi needs to catch up on moi kip as moi works between 16-18hrs a day ( good pay lol just as well )

huggles from a sleepy bleary eyed tree :)

smile.png aww..tankies Ange xx normally moi is not such a wuss about stuff..but after the floods last week and these ruddy winds, even now it is drowning out the tv ( which aint a bad thing i suppose) moi is a lickle tetchy sad.png

luckily my boat was moved a couple of weeks ago due to the EA doing works on the lock and its now breasted up to another boat which is on poles.. so its ok but the constant 'bashing' around and the noise is a lickle un-nerving.

daft thing is moi darent go to sleep yet until the local weather station shows that the wind is dying down.

oh! well as they say 'worst things happen at sea'

stay safe xxxx

smile.png tankies master bizzard, recon moi will just try and stay awake till 2am. Worst thing is moi has to go back to work early tomorrow instead of next weds ,and moi needs to catch up on moi kip as moi works between 16-18hrs a day ( good pay lol just as well )

huggles from a sleepy bleary eyed tree smile.png

As long as there's no dodgy looking trees nearby, the river level is stable and your mooring ropes are laid out properly and secure it shouldn't be much of a worry. The wind should be gusting at its strongest about now. smile.png Sleep tight.

As long as there's no dodgy looking trees nearby, the river level is stable and your mooring ropes are laid out properly and secure it shouldn't be much of a worry. The wind should be gusting at its strongest about now. smile.png Sleep tight.

Listen to Mr Bizz - he knows what he's talking about!

Go to bed sweet tree and stop worrying :)

Go to bed sweet tree and stop worrying smile.png

Do I ange,blush.png I wouldn't be to sure about that. One of the best weather station reports are if you go onto the Flightradar24 website. Live aircraft movements on map. Just click on an airport (blue circle) and you'll get accurate windspeed and direction and weather conditions you can also click on a cloud on the map for weather.

I like this site http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ - bung your location in and it gives an accurate 'wind timetable'

Afraid looks like it is here until tomorrow lunchtime (ish)

:) tankies Paul just checked out site and looks like its going to continue to be 'hairy' till 3pm ...doh !!!

local weather station has us on : Beaufort Scale F6 unsure.png

stay safe everyone

huggles master bizzard if moi is still here at 2am ..report moi to the mods to boot ( nicely of course) orf :)

Go to bed sweet tree and stop worrying smile.png

hug.gif will try xxxx

smile.png tankies Paul just checked out site and looks like its going to continue to be 'hairy' till 3pm ...doh !!!

local weather station has us on : Beaufort Scale F6 unsure.png

stay safe everyone

huggles master bizzard if moi is still here at 2am ..report moi to the mods to boot ( nicely of course) orf smile.png

hug.gif will try xxxx

Beaufort Force 6 is strong wind, beer froth blows off. Gales begin at force 8, pub sign blows down but of course its gusting to force 9 strong gale to 10 which is storm force. roof blows off pub. Hurricane force begins at force 11, pub blown away.

Beaufort Force 6 is strong wind, beer froth blows off. Gales begin at force 8, pub sign blows down but of course its gusting to force 9 strong gale to 10 which is storm force. roof blows off pub. Hurricane force begins at force 11, pub blown away.

hmm.. its now F7 ( site updated every 15 mins ) right enough is enough .... as moi has just scoffed moi 3rd kitkat sick.gif

so will finish the dregs of moi cuppa, watch last mins of Grand Designs and try and get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

may everyone greet the dawn happy and well with no hate to say this ... ahem!! 'tree' surprises

nitey nite and toodlepips

Got on train at clapham at 8.20 and am now sat on same train at Andover. South west trains have called a taxi for the rest of our journey, many many trees on the tracks. Also out of Gin... Bad times

Edited by Wanted

Still blowing a Hooley here in the Fens, worst wind I have known for many years, boat really being battered, hard to stay on our feet but wind is hitting us side on making us roll like Billy-O. Has been blowing hard since 9-00 ish last night and at 8-00am not showing any sign of abating.

Windswept Phil

its still gusting and blowing out there, batten down hatches and break out the rum.

I once went on a cruise and we sat outside the Bay of Biscay for 24 hours in a force 9-10 waiting for storm to subside, ship maintained speed at 5 knots in an attempt to keep it stable. Scary times, much damage as everything rolled around and smashed. Spectacular seas, fortunately don't suffer sea sickness but many did.

Ello, did I miss something......

Lovely pleasant evening with Kathy, so nice, even had the side hatch open and were feeding a swan by moonlight.

Went to bed early and had a pleasant dream?

Despite being parked in the lee of a big hedge the truck was rocking like I was driving over a ploughed field. I slept like a top but morning found me surounded with water, large lumps of tree on the ground & the tight fitting cover blown off the motorbike.

Wellies on and off to find the dustbins, check me mates boat and give the chainsaw some work on the way.

It is now calm and sunny but damp.