Boat/Weir interface on the Nene.

lampini

Featured Posts

Yes most of the details are wrong, as expected from that publication. It wasn't a hired boat but the "journalist" probably didn't realise that there was any other way of having a boat. Note the date on the article, November 2012; it was discussed at length on here, you could probably search for the original threads.

This happened a couple of years ago and from memory it was a retired couple who had just bought the boat and it had either been refitted or was about to have a refit before they set off on long cruise

Can't remember how it happened but I'm pretty sure everybody was okay

Being the Daily Fail, the info is prolly all wrong, but any ideas which hire company this is?ohmy.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226937/Shocking-moment-14-tonne-narrowboat-smashes-river-sluice-gate-Northamptonshire.html

And doing someone who had broken down a favor I got stuck on the same weir in the floods before that one, but I managed to rope it off.

the owner is a forum member.

Not as far as I know. The boat (and its owners) were our next-door neighbours at Bill Fen marina, which might be what you are remembering.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, neither boat nor owners have ever been at Bill Fen since.

MP.

Edited by MoominPapa

Not as far as I know. The boat (and its owners) were our next-door neighbours at Bill Fen marina, which might be what you are remembering. Perhaps unsurprisingly, neither boat nor owners have ever been at Bill Fen since. MP.

Ah, sorry, knew there was good informed forum feedback at the time.

It was brought to our marina and bought by them, it was to be modified to become another day boat, but recently a neighbour sold his boat and bought this one and has started re-fitting it with the help of all and sundrie, it's been nick-named 'The Boat that Blackthorn Marina built'