Craftinsure.com

Ernie

Featured Posts

ps No I ain't on commission nor have anything to do with Craftinsure apart from being a customer - who would like his premiums reduced :cheers:

Simon, dear boy. Do you really think they're going to reduce your premiums based solely on a bit of grovelling? :unsure:

Blackrose - Nope - would never ever work with an insurance company. Only way I know is to move elsewhere to a lower quote and try and time it right - usually end of month when they are chasing their numbers. Tried pto package it with house & holiday insurance but no go from the insurance companies side

• 15 years later...
Just now, Midnight said:

Bot or not Craftinsure are a good company to deal with. I've not had a claim but sometimes have little extras added to the policy with no problem and very friendly service too.

Same here. I've insured all my boats with them since they first set themselves up on line and always found then reasonably priced and pleasant and professional to deal with.

Never had a claim though.

39 minutes ago, Ernie said:

I was with Craft Insure for 16 years and never had any problems with them - however, I never had to make any claims so .......

I've been with Craftsure since I first got a narrowboat around 14 years ago.

And 2 years ago I had my first and only claim following a period of heavy rainfall and consequent flattening of the batteries by overworked bilge pump.

Fortunately it was spotted before it sunk, but still caused significant damage in the engine bay of my cruiser stern boat.

My claim in excess of £6000 was paid out by Craftsure, much to my relief.  There was some negotiation required, but they were quite fair and we reached a settlement that I was very happy with.  Happier than they were, I expect!

So I can highly recommend them from experience as an honest and fair insurer.

My best recommendation probably is the fact that I continue to insure with them, and likely always will.

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, Rebotco said:

I've been with Craftsure since I first got a narrowboat around 14 years ago.

And 2 years ago I had my first and only claim following a period of heavy rainfall and consequent flattening of the batteries by overworked bilge pump.

Fortunately it was spotted before it sunk, but still caused significant damage in the engine bay of my cruiser stern boat.

My claim in excess of £6000 was paid out by Craftsure, much to my relief.  There was some negotiation required, but they were quite fair and we reached a settlement that I was very happy with.  Happier than they were, I expect!

So I can highly recommend them from experience as an honest and fair insurer.

My best recommendation probably is the fact that I continue to insure with them, and likely always will.

Insurers are not, I suspect, as unhappy as you suggest. If there is a major disaster on amnunforeseen scale and for which they dud not gave an exclusion then perhaps, but having it known that they paid out on an incident that folk know about is probably needed to encourage customers to take out good policies.

43 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Insurers are not, I suspect, as unhappy as you suggest. If there is a major disaster on amnunforeseen scale and for which they dud not gave an exclusion then perhaps, but having it known that they paid out on an incident that folk know about is probably needed to encourage customers to take out good policies.

Which is precisely why I am happy to share my experience! :)