Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Mr Rollings- A genuine & friendly piece of advice. It may be considered wise to not have Mr Lillie anywhere near the beautiful Marina, that is Pillings, whatever his overall involvement might be.

Unfortunately, he is proven not to competent in the Customer service aspect of running a successful Business. As a reminder, page 3 of this thread just about sums him up from the perspective I highlight.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you are able to run the Business more successfully than before & introduce a decent ethic & offer some consultation with the moorers & some innovative ideas. Good luck, seize the opportunity & learn from what has been a torrid few months for many. Best wishes for the furture.

I have to confess that I like this post. I for one have been so hacked off with the whole of this situation and I have failed to see that Mr Rollings may well be a good chap and been brought in to actually get the marina back on track and properly profitable and paying its bills correctly.

I too wish him well at this point.

Martyn

I have to confess that I like this post. I for one have been so hacked off with the whole of this situation and I have failed to see that Mr Rollings may well be a good chap and been brought in to actually get the marina back on track and properly profitable and paying its bills correctly.

Martyn

Unfortunately it is the work of a few minutes to appoint or dis-appoint a company director, so it might be a mistake to view the situation as permanent.

Hopefully he's not just a temporary "acceptable face"...

Unfortunately it is the work of a few minutes to appoint or dis-appoint a company director, so it might be a mistake to view the situation as permanent.

Hopefully he's not just a temporary "acceptable face"...

I agree, but, for the time being I will offer benefit of the doubt.

Martyn

Martyn

I agree, but, for the time being I will offer benefit of the doubt.

Martyn

I agree with the sentiments but, bear in mind that RR has been working at the marina for some while and in all that time he has only ever been a part-time employee doing what he has been told, and from what I have seen and experienced personally his demeanour and mind-set is totally along the lines of PL. He has not been brought in to get things back on track, his name has been used solely to set up a phoenix company to allow PL to carry on in the same vein. There is no way RR will be taking on the reins and telling PL what to do and how things are going to be run.

He will be absent from the marina from September if he undertakes the LPC, which is a 1 year full-time course and the work load is astronomical (again personal experience). If he continues on his career path to become a barrister he will than have to find a pupillage overseen by one of the Inns in London, again a heavy work load. So his involvement in PLT/PLM for the next 2-3 years will be negligible. But who would be willing to take a bet that his service to PL has resulted in him leaving uni/training with no debts.

I hope that RR sees that future involvement in this situation will do nothing to enhance his prospects, and starts to think seriously about what he needs to do to make sure he achieves his career aspirations.

Do not be lulled into a false sense of security that now RR is listed as director that everything will change. It will be the same old, same old, just with a different name at the top of the page. Watch this space.

I was once employed by a company as a Manager, within a couple of days I was 'promoted' to Managing Director and when my business cards arrived I had so many qualifications and letters after my name that I didn't even know existed.

I was over ruled at every turn when I attempted to improve procedures.

I left, with a months 'garden leave'.

So, yes, I understand what is potentially going on. I have highlighted my concerns as to RR's interest and capabilities in running a marina business although he wants to be a barrister or similar.

Martyn

Martyn

From experience the only differences between RR Mk 1 & PL are junior status,politeness (as in like talking to a robot chipped by PL) and he doesn't have an irritating smirk on his face

If my memory is correct then PLT solely exists to service the NAA. PLT is not involved in managing the marina. The marina is PLM and is managed by Paul Lillie. So the duties of RR as the sole director of PLT are not very onerous. He just has to pay CRT the NAA on time!

If my memory is correct then PLT solely exists to service the NAA. PLT is not involved in managing the marina. The marina is PLM and is managed by Paul Lillie. So the duties of RR as the sole director of PLT are not very onerous. He just has to pay CRT the NAA on time!

But as the only income PLT have is from PLM - RR needs to ensure that PL pays PLT on time - he doesnt appear to have a good record in that respect.

naughty-librarian.jpeg

Right oh then Lynne ..I'm convinced you are such an innocent blogger ..

Please don't feel that anyone is out to discredit you..As you may have gathered by now being a public visitor opposed to being a live aboard moorer at PLM are conflicts apart.

For some it was sold to them as a private marina not a public park..The former expecting to have a peace haven paid for with a nominal sum of money with privacy as a premium.

It's called being misled !

The rest is modern history as can be read as ongoing history of 279 pages.

RR is just a puppet and will do exactly as he is told when he is told, end of!

I cannot make up my mind if Paul Lillie has obtained special training at one of these extreme religious cult outfits to influence staff and certain customers .

Or is just a common & garden B/S merchant !

I cannot make up my mind if Paul Lillie has obtained special training at one of these extreme religious cult outfits to influence staff and certain customers .

My thoughts are that either he, or the person pulling his strings are very smart. So far he/they have gotten away with everything they have been accused of on here.

Bob

My thoughts are that either he, or the person pulling his strings are very smart. So far he/they have gotten away with everything they have been accused of on here.

Bob

But hardly with their reputation intact...

Well today I came.across a boat ON ITS WAY to take up a mooring at Pillings. They are moving their boat from the North West to be more central. They are not phased by the recent controversy, as - in their words - 'it has all been sorted out with a new company in charge. 200 boats there cant be wrong.'

Well today I came.across a boat ON ITS WAY to take up a mooring at Pillings. They are moving their boat from the North West to be more central. They are not phased by the recent controversy, as - in their words - 'it has all been sorted out with a new company in charge. 200 boats there cant be wrong.'

Apparently that's the big lie they are selling to try to dupe the public into thinking that something has actually changed at PLM. Management of the marina hasn't changed one bit and the only thing the new company is in charge of is paying the NAA - or not paying it, as the case may be.

Definitely b/s merchant.

It did strike me that PL could augment the coffers by holding seminars for budding "business persons" showing them how to set up a business, put it into receivership and start again, all in the blink of an eye. That should pay the next NAA instalment.

But as the only income PLT have is from PLM - RR needs to ensure that PL pays PLT on time - he doesnt appear to have a good record in that respect.

As I've argued before, the available information made it appear that QMP received very little rent from PLM, so we may expect the new owner PLT will still receive very little rent from PLM. If so, it doesn't really matter if PLM pay that.

Phil Spencer's latest email, as quoted by RR, seems to imply that CRT won't tolerate late payment in future, but of course that remains to be seen, and we can only speculate as to where PLT will find the money and how confident Phil Spencer can really be that PLT will cough up.

All of this leads me to the big unresolved question of this topic; what are the IP's thoughts about Paul Lillie's conduct as director of QMP, and when may we expect him to be prosecuted for trading while insolvent and preferential treatment of creditors? As QMP steadily built up a debt of £180,000 over a period of about 6 years and its director knew by his own publicly stated admission that the company did not have sufficient income to meet that debt, how can he not be guilty?

To anyone considering mooring their boat at Pillings Lock in the near future, I would point out that, so far as I am aware from this topic, the day to day operation of the marina is still carried out by PLM and the sole director of PLM is Paul Lillie. If anyone has information to the contrary, please post it. Deduce what you will from that.

As I've argued before, the available information made it appear that QMP received very little rent from PLM, so we may expect the new owner PLT will still receive very little rent from PLM. If so, it doesn't really matter if PLM pay that.

Phil Spencer's latest email, as quoted by RR, seems to imply that CRT won't tolerate late payment in future, but of course that remains to be seen, and we can only speculate as to where PLT will find the money and how confident Phil Spencer can really be that PLT will cough up.

All of this leads me to the big unresolved question of this topic; what are the IP's thoughts about Paul Lillie's conduct as director of QMP, and when may we expect him to be prosecuted for trading while insolvent and preferential treatment of creditors? As QMP steadily built up a debt of £180,000 over a period of about 6 years and its director knew by his own publicly stated admission that the company did not have sufficient income to meet that debt, how can he not be guilty?

To anyone considering mooring their boat at Pillings Lock in the near future, I would point out that, so far as I am aware from this topic, the day to day operation of the marina is still carried out by PLM and the sole director of PLM is Paul Lillie. If anyone has information to the contrary, please post it. Deduce what you will from that.

Ok I'll bite.

My suspicion is the IP is funded by Mr Steadman, and like RR, does what he is told.

MtB

• Greenie 1

Ok I'll bite.

My suspicion is the IP is funded by Mr Steadman, and like RR, does what he is told.

MtB

I think after much discussion of who would pay the IP, some consensus emerged that it would probably be Mr Steadman.

Apparently my terminology was wrong, the offence I had in mind is called "wrongful trading", and is contrary to Section 214 of the Insolvency Act 1986; see http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/blogs/elliot-green/elliot-green-licensed-insolvency-practitioner-trials-and-tribulations/wrongful-tr

An IP is of course bound by some quite strict rules, but subject to staying within those the man on the Clapham omnibus might expect an IP to be reluctant to upset whoever is paying his fees. Before taking a director (here Paul Lillie) to court the IP has to carefully consider the prospect of success;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_trading

but it sounds from this article as if he could take such an action under a conditional fee arrangement if the lawyer feels confident.

The liquidator also has to make a report on the conduct of directors to the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, who in turn make any decision on whether to seek the disqualification of a director. Maybe, if it wouldn't be improper, the CRT should have a word in Vince Cable's lughole?