Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

It would be interesting if NBW's Allan Richards, also of this parish, would come on and explain why he still seems to think it is C&RT's fault, after all that has been said on here.

smiley_offtopic.gif

I don't know Allan's full "history" with BW, but clearly there is some, (probably lots!). It is fairly obvious that it would always have been remarkably hard to get him to say anything positive about how BW handled anything, or to accept the CRT can ever do any better. In fact he seems very keen a lot of the time to suggest CRT are actually doing worse.

This is all strictly "in my opinion" of course, and others may applaud what he clearly sees as helpful whistle-blowing, and certainly he is prepared to dig a lot deeper than most to find out information that is often hard to come by.

My problem, as I have repeatedly said, (including to Allan!),is that if you can only subscribe to the view that BW/CRT are incapable of doing hardly anything right, then I find it incredibly hard to see how things can ever improve.

It does seem to me very often, that in the eyes on many BW/CRT critics, (not just Allan, of course), BW/CRT are guaranteed to be damned whichever way they go on a topic.

NBW excels by being able to CRT bash in both directions at the same time, with (for example) Tom/Victor complaining endlessly that they don't throw the book at every (in his eyes!) miscreant boater, whilst alongside that Allan will be penning articles on the injustice to many of the people affected when they do.

I'm far from a fan of everything BW/CRT do, and am still having personal crusades in several areas, but I have to say I would not want to be a manager in CRT now trying to jump through hoops to at least try and please some of the people some of the time. They haven't got a chance, really!

• Greenie 1

I am not helping much but as I see this it is a direct result of UK company Law that seems to require directors to maximize the return to the shareholders with little thought to the future and a legal system that is set up to protect scoundrels. If fraud on the moorers has taken place I just do not see how the said individual can be allowed to be a director of a company for a number of years. I also feel it should be illegal for liquidators to sell any assets to a company with any directors who were involved with the failed company.

Still the person in question can sleep in peace there is no chance ANY of the politicos would ever make legislation to that effect.

Given my way the directors would be required to conduct the company in the bets interest of the shareholders, the customers, the employees, and the country with any of throe groups being able to take them to court. Might stop the shorttermism so beloved of accountants.

You appear to be mistaken in your understanding of company law wrt directors duties

Have a read of this: http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/topics/directors_duties.shtml

several other posters could do with reading the bits about fraudulent & wrongful trading as well

And perhaps you could explain "shorttermism so beloved of accountants" - Do you think that accountants make all the decisions?

Edited by LoneWolf

Where?

This post, Janet

There was a whole mass of postings in a Facebook group a few months back, where he was bashing just about everybody else in the world except him for his failure to make loads of money out of Pillings.

It was shameful, and I wish now I had saved it off, as it no longer seems to be available. It was eye-watering, frankly.

People can bash CRT all they like, but I fail to see how any body could have a reasonable negotiation with the head of a business who is prepared to show a public disdain for everybody involved, and to slag off former customers.

Maybe he is now ...... pressure can do strange things to nice people (I'm not saying he was nice to start with).

All I suggest is that posters who know absolutely nothing about the true situation should think before they jump in with a knife to the back.

So far I have seen a few post by people who are directly involved, some with obvious axes to grind are very negative, but not all.

Some of the posts could also be seen as the pathetic blusterings of a drowning man.

Were you ever a long term liveaboard moorer at PLM?

If you were so then you would have seen all the friends you had made over a long period leave because of the antics of PaulLilie.

I could write a book about the embarrassing situations that travelled news wise up and down the canal system about the site,sorry management!

Its very sad that my new lifestye didn't work out there..I wish i could just sit back and take being a mug but i couldn't..

But if you read the document linked to earlier, it doesn't assure them of 100% occupancy. It just says that is what the aim is. And as has been said already, no rental business who wants to make a profit ever works on 100%, even a 75% occupancy figure is risky. The people at fault here are totally PLM because they used a very stupid and very inaccurate business model.

I fully agree - hence the lengthy 'caveat' in parentheses, beginning "I'm not suggesting that PLM's expressed opinions are correct or justified..."

Since the beginning there seems to have been problems with this marina . Any vacancies at Meadow Farm Marina where soon filled by people leaving Pillings and saving a lot on mooring fees one wide beam saved £1600 a year .Now although there is a stated charge boats can get into Pillings for reduced price so desperate measures are in play .Panic moving by boaters will cause bankruptcy and BWMLtd will probably step in and buy it for a song.

This post, Janet

There was a whole mass of postings in a Facebook group a few months back, where he was bashing just about everybody else in the world except him for his failure to make loads of money out of Pillings.

It was shameful, and I wish now I had saved it off, as it no longer seems to be available. It was eye-watering, frankly.

People can bash CRT all they like, but I fail to see how any body could have a reasonable negotiation with the head of a business who is prepared to show a public disdain for everybody involved, and to slag off former customers.

I'm getting my own back now Alan !! lol

Although i feel i am lowering myself to his level by slagging him off on here..

I am ignorant of what else you said was on facebook..I have a hunch that myself and fellow county court claimant Boat Hermit were cited to all for the financial problems as he paid us off by nearly £50000..Not including his court and solicitors fees!

There were many other issues that i uncovered on our leases as well that we were prepared to unlock .

Meanwhile with conventional moorings he suggests that they have to pay council tax if they liveaboard there..Which has been proven nonsense many times..Shame that some are being duped into paying such..Through his office!!

Last scam is the special offer first time moorings at £1299 ..Not very nice for existing moorers who pay some £2000+ is it

I can imagine the shock horror of those newcomers who having paid up front for a year stand to lose the bargain offer payout to him unaware of this C&RT situation

All down to desperate measures of a bad management team leader

I see PL says on his FB page that the BBC were there an hour ago. I wonder what "story" he told them?

The last time they visited he made a right twat of himself regarding the highways agency re-surfacing Barrow Road so lets all have a laugh now in anticipation!

Meanwhile with conventional moorings he suggests that they have to pay council tax if they liveaboard there..Which has been proven nonsense many times..Shame that some are being duped into paying such..Through his office!!

Have I missed something, or is it the first time this has been mentioned? Surely this is not usual / legal?

Oh my....that FB post is just unreal!

How could anyone contemplate doing business with an odious character like that?

Janet

Crook ,irksome little man,fraudster,scammer and so on have been quoted on here so far..Now odious!!

You people sure catch on quick of his character..Welldone .,i'm loving this and i dare say is Mr Lillie senior..His ex Father!

While I agree there is something fishy with the newest member posters, lots of us have legitimate reasons for not wanting to post real names, boat names, exact locations etc., on the forum and the internet.

Are you saying Starcoaster is not your Real name?

Jelunga.

Oh my....that FB post is just unreal!

How could anyone contemplate doing business with an odious character like that?

Janet

I must say it does seem unduly harsh and very rude, not what you would expect from a professionally run business. Did the moorers get any of their money back?

Have I missed something, or is it the first time this has been mentioned? Surely this is not usual / legal?

I stopped going to his bull bertholder meetings after he stated that due to the nasty corrupt shysters known as BW he would be putting a levy on liveaboard moorers topay for it..Well as we can see C&RT didn't get the money..

This information was passed on to me..apparently a scam to pay an unexpected council tax rate on his "penthouse "apartment available to let on a holiday leisure venture..This was Mr &Mrs John Lillie's home previously..I was also informed by an EXmoorer that no planning permission has been obtained for this.

You are right it is not legal..The word Fraudster has been mentioned earlier as a description of character!

I must say it does seem unduly harsh and very rude, not what you would expect from a professionally run business. Did the moorers get any of their money back?

Leaseholders actually..Hundreds in respect of scammed overcharging of electricity on the meter., and virtually all of our £28000 paid some 5 years earlier for the lease!

Blimey, this one will run and run! A glance at the foot of the page reveals that, after almost 500 posts, the thread is currently being watched by 26 people, of whom two are (cue sinister music) "Anonymous Users".

Not bad for a tale of a marina that few of us had really heard of a short while ago.

Edit: news flash: make that 28.

Edited by Athy

smiley_offtopic.gif

I don't know Allan's full "history" with BW, but clearly there is some, (probably lots!). It is fairly obvious that it would always have been remarkably hard to get him to say anything positive about how BW handled anything, or to accept the CRT can ever do any better. In fact he seems very keen a lot of the time to suggest CRT are actually doing worse.

This is all strictly "in my opinion" of course, and others may applaud what he clearly sees as helpful whistle-blowing, and certainly he is prepared to dig a lot deeper than most to find out information that is often hard to come by.

My problem, as I have repeatedly said, (including to Allan!),is that if you can only subscribe to the view that BW/CRT are incapable of doing hardly anything right, then I find it incredibly hard to see how things can ever improve.

It does seem to me very often, that in the eyes on many BW/CRT critics, (not just Allan, of course), BW/CRT are guaranteed to be damned whichever way they go on a topic.

NBW excels by being able to CRT bash in both directions at the same time, with (for example) Tom/Victor complaining endlessly that they don't throw the book at every (in his eyes!) miscreant boater, whilst alongside that Allan will be penning articles on the injustice to many of the people affected when they do.

I'm far from a fan of everything BW/CRT do, and am still having personal crusades in several areas, but I have to say I would not want to be a manager in CRT now trying to jump through hoops to at least try and please some of the people some of the time. They haven't got a chance, really!

to use modern parlance LIKE

Blimey, this one will run and run! A glance at the foot of the page reveals that, after almost 500 posts, the thread is currently being watched by 26 people, of whom two are (cue sinister music) "Anonymous Users".

Not bad for a tale of a marina that few of us had really heard of a short while ago.

Edit: news flash: make that 28.

Which marina's that, then?

Edited by Rod a mod from Tod
  • Greenie 1

It would be interesting if NBW's Allan Richards, also of this parish, would come on and explain why he still seems to think it is C&RT's fault, after all that has been said on here.

Actually, I have suggested that it is both the fault of BW/CaRT and Pillings Lock Marina for allowing the dispute to drag on for years.