Thunderbird 2 at Denham Deep Lock

mark99

Featured Posts

Took 30 seconds to scupper the big boat by lifting a a rear board and over an hour to pump it afloat with what looked like three standalone 3" pumps and two electric pumps.

Edited by mark99

I see. Kind of! But why? What were they doing it for that they only needed to get the boat in, water out, then change, do it again with another boat?

The small boat that was in the big boat had been blacked (and looked a fine job too). I was lucky enough to see them just removing the boat - it had been in there about a week. The other chap was having his boat blacked too and moved it in after the first one was moved out.

The chap who owns the cottage (Denham Boat Services) or something is very affable. He called his house, business and grounds "Steptoes Yard" but it's bloody great, more like paradise!

Edited by mark99

We were fed with horror stories about Clive @ Willy Watts' drydock, there would be mud and water up past our knees, we'd need (sic) waders, and no room to move a paintbrush, all, it seems, by people who'd never actually used it!

When we got in there, it was surprisingly roomy, it had gratings that kept you above the mud and was not an unpleasant experience.

We got far more done on Freyja than we had envisaged doing ;o)

Had our boat blacked there last year. pic.twitter.com/F3kB5zfb You can see how much space there is - wouldn't fancy going underneath though , although you can. Did a good job at about £10 per foot. Actually I was speaking to a boater on the Lea yesterday about this as they have booked into Uxbridge for blacking next month. If you go to the house mind the dogs.... oh they also run one of the fuel boats too.

• Greenie 1

Thanks for that - I'll see that it gets added to the appropriate boating guide!

Thankyou

Thanks for that - I'll see that it gets added to the appropriate boating guide!

Thankyou

Does Roger get a ruduced rate then as he is getting balder by the day ????

Chris

Lol yes he always asks for a middle parting !!