stolen boat!

Ally

Featured Posts

Even to my poor eyesight the reflections of the boat in the ripples on the water appear identical between the two photographs. The chances of replicating the ripple pattern between two passing boaters seem improbabale to say the least. Scoundrels of the first water judge.gif

But which photo did you compare it with, was it the one Phyllis nicked off NBWicecream.gif

The two photos look identical. There is no way the ripple pattern would be remotely similar in a later (or earlier) picture even if from exactly the same spot. This looks like a breach of copyright. I'd insist on payment / apology and correct attribution of the photo - or else! Copyright law is actually taken seriously.

Edited by stickleback

There is no way the ripple pattern would be remotely similar in a later (or earlier) picture even if from exactly the same spot.

Yes, I can't quite imagine any other boat being able to match Naughty Cal's "ripple pattern"!...................

That have now taken down the picture.

But in the process they have also changed their story. Come on narrow minded world. Make your minds up.

Just what did your "source" tell you?

To their defense, do you think "someone" sent them the photo claiming it was their own?

To their defense, do you think "someone" sent them the photo claiming it was their own?

No. Not from the response I have had back from them.

Within a few minutes of sending my first email this morning they replied saying they had contacted their "source" and that he had confirmed it as his picture. Their "source" is also reputed to have written many stories for them and had mane of his pictures published. Although a quick search for his name reveals nothing more than few articles "he" has written for Narrow Minded World.

After a string of emails that has now been changed to there must have been a clerical error somewhere and since then they have removed the picture and completely changed the story it accompanied

Based on my own experiences Tom Crossley is very happy to pinch other people's photos to illustrate his dubious articles.

They did this when they decided to print an article slagging me off.

Shame, as I would have been prepared to send him one if he had asked, but perhaps he hasn't got the Photoshopping skills to remove me holding 2 fingers up(!)

This is absolutely his style, and he is not only prepared to argue vehemently in an email response that black is blue, he actually seems deluded enough to believe his own argument.

having mer Orph Mable a few times, I can't understand how he came to be involved with that site. He is a sensible chap and it is worth listening to what he says. I think his articles are the only bit of that site worth bothering about

haggis

• Greenie 3

having mer Orph Mable a few times, I can't understand how he came to be involved with that site. He is a sensible chap and it is worth listening to what he says. I think his articles are the only bit of that site worth bothering about

haggis

Totally agree. His articles are both informative and sensible. I would love to meet him sometime.......

His column is the only reason I visit "The Dark Side".

Edited by Ray T

haggis

Agree, another greeny

Hi All,

The boat did go through the lock under false registration number and name so the Locke's didn't know it was stolen.

Now those people who stole it are in police custody, boat is going to Torksey very soon.

It had to really, the move by road just did not add up.

Glad they have the purps, and that they do not get off lightly.

Of course they will (get off lightly)

Only normally law abiding citizens get the book really thrown at them.

Of course they will (get off lightly)

Only normally law abiding citizens get the book really thrown at them.

True.

I predict they will get 20 minutes Community Service being first offenders, but they will be ordered to pay compensation for the damage they did to the boat.

£12,000 payable at 50p a month.

And I haven't read a Daily Mail for YEARS...

MtB

Well it must have been well disguised is all I can say. Much better than the effort they put on on the Fossdyke because they have come down a very busy Trent over a bank holiday weekend through manned locks in an area where people were looking for it!

I'm sorry but that still doesn't stack to my mind. There is surely more too it then that!

Do we know anymore of the people who took it?

They need to be sent back to primary school, stealing a narrowboat that can't be hidden, or disgiused is just a free ticket to prison.

you'd have to crane it out, and hide it, until the heat dies down to have any chance. Covert craning is not going to work anyway, it's just to big a job to go un-noticed.

Wasn't there a hire boat that they started re painting on day one out of the yard ? they got caught in no time too.