stolen boat!

Ally

Featured Posts

Rrowboat world likes to copy and paste, and then add '*** reports', '***** tells us' , preferably several days after it has been widely reported elsewhere.

I'm surprised that on this occassion, they are not claiming to have found the boat, that is what they usually do.

NBW = daily snail

According to another link on narrow minded world I have also had a sex change!

Never mind. If you can't find out the facts just make them up.......

He gave me a sex change some years ago. Maybe he has a problem with recognising the difference.

There is no way you can operate the tidal Trent Locks without if being switched on. Far too heavy and no way to override the hydraulics.

never heard of using a key then? I have in the past had access to BW master keys and currently have in my possession an EA master for the river Nene lock reversal padlocks!

similarly whilst I accept it may have gone by road there is currently no verification that it did, similarly there is still no 100% proof that it did not in fact make the journey by water although the odds seem to stack in favour of the road option.

maybe we'll know soon!

• Greenie 1

None of the tidal locks on the Trent it the Ouse can be user operated. You would have to break into the control towers at Cromwell and Keadby, break into the pedestal and unlock the padlocks on both Stockwith and Torksey.

As I said earlier there would not have been enough water over the cill for the boat to have come through Torksey out of working hours.

never heard of using a key then? I have in the past had access to BW master keys and currently have in my possession an EA master for the river Nene lock reversal padlocks!

similarly whilst I accept it may have gone by road there is currently no verification that it did, similarly there is still no 100% proof that it did not in fact make the journey by water although the odds seem to stack in favour of the road option.

maybe we'll know soon!

The ea key you have in your possession is no use to man nor beast unless you have the lockout key for the guillotine operating panel..... I think all of the locks that are reversed for flood control are now electrically operated, I can't be 100% sure about warmington which is still manually operated, and I only came through there last Thursday!

Question is why would you want to tamper with a lock when it has been set for flood control and the river shut for navigation?

Nice of him to use my picture!

They really are disgustingly brazen, aren't they.

Hilariously, the editor of this virtual toilet paper had the audacity to threaten another party with prosecution for copyright infringement earlier on this year after said party posted a copy of a threatening and untruthful email received from their identity-crisis suffering owner/editor.

If they ever post on their site again anything that I have written (I would add "without permission", but it's kind of a given that I would never give them permission for any possible reason)! I will bill them for the usage rights at my going rate, and/or issue a takedown notice to their hosts and instigate a civil claim for monies owed.

You can also do this for your picture...

I really can't stand plagiarism, and I've never come across any publication or website that so openly steals other writers' and photographers' work as Narrowscroat World!

Edited by Starcoaster

I have written a very nice email to the editor of Narrow Minded World this morning. I wonder what response I shall getbiggrin.png

Initially a complete denial that they've ever run the article.

Followed by 30 minutes of silence

Then a strongly worded accusation that you've plagarised their article

A further wait of a day

Then a boasting article that they knew this boat was going to be stolen, that they have narks working for Leicestershire Police whom had 'a wire' on the crims all the time.

a further day's delay

A finger-pointing rant, with six by four photographs, accusing the new owners of the boat of over-staying whilst carrying out repairs, and how the Narrow-Lobotomy Team have saved the boating world from certain extinction with over-population of bank-side dwellers (as foretold by Alice's Restaurant)

Edited by Grace & Favour
  • Greenie 2

I have written a very nice email to the editor of Narrow Minded World this morning. I wonder what response I shall getbiggrin.png

You will be wrong, and he will be right.......

(Or that at least is his "norm").

Not far off .

Just had a response saying they have not used my picture. They assure me it has been supplied by a regular contributor, who strangely doesn't seem to exist if you look him up.

To this I have replied that their crude attempt at cropping my picture to disguise it is little better than the thieves attempt to disguise the narrowboat.

Response awaited.......

Just had a response saying they have not used my picture. They assure me it has been supplied by a regular contributor, who strangely doesn't seem to exist if you look him up.

This would be the self same "editor" that recently ran an article about CRT managers lying, would it?

Probably!

No response as yet. I await the legal threats!

It is quite frankly amazing that they get away with the clap trap they publish. Their so called reporters can't even look at the pictures they have stolen and come up with a viable story. Does the boat look like it has been professionally repainted to disguise it?

Edited by Naughty-Cal

Even to my poor eyesight the reflections of the boat in the ripples on the water appear identical between the two photographs. The chances of replicating the ripple pattern between two passing boaters seem improbabale to say the least. Scoundrels of the first water judge.gif

Not far off .

To this I have replied that their crude attempt at cropping my picture to disguise it is little better than the thieves attempt to disguise the narrowboat.

Response awaited.......

You can use Tineye to compare two pictures (including modified versions of originals).

See

http://tineye.com/

It doesn't matter where he got the image from. It's your copyright and you have the right to insist that he takes it down!

Even to my poor eyesight the reflections of the boat in the ripples on the water appear identical between the two photographs. The chances of replicating the ripple pattern between two passing boaters seem improbabale to say the least. Scoundrels of the first water judge.gif

+1