FEDUP.

tafelberg

Featured Posts

I think the divisions caused in this thread show just how much division will be caused on the cut should this 'one rule for then - another rule for everyone else' scheme be brought in.

I can also see this coming back to bite cart on the bum by hitting their coffers long term. How many people around the country that currently pay thousands of £££'s for a LTM will give them up and just become NCCC'ers on the basis of people in Uxebridge ultimately getting away with it?

I think the divisions caused in this thread show just how much division will be caused on the cut should this 'one rule for then - another rule for everyone else' scheme be brought in.

I can also see this coming back to bite cart on the bum by hitting their coffers long term. How many people around the country that currently pay thousands of £££'s for a LTM will give them up and just become NCCC'ers on the basis of people in Uxebridge ultimately getting away with it?

I suggest you do the same as us, dont slate it till you have the precise facts. At the moment you seem to be just babbling. I dont see that much of a division on here either.

• Greenie 1

It's been a sunny day, this morning I left the hotspot visitor moorings of Foxton where I was one of 3 boats on these sought after spaces fighting our way up the flight past the 4 volunteer lock keepers we are now one of just 2 boats on the moorings by the Welford arm, rings and well dredged. I minded to think that perhaps that just like CRT have exaggerated the problem of overstaying on VM's so we maybe are exaggerating the problems here as well.

Think Jenlyn is right not much division but debate is healthy. CRT maybe should bite the bullet and offer the option of a RMP to anyone who wants one for the appropriate fee would it make such a huge difference to the majority I doubt it. If however they used the additional cash to install additional LTM's that would really upset the marina owners and exert some downward pressure on prices of all moorings including RMP's so a win win for all.

Actually, on the whole, I think this thread has demonstrated that the vast majority have been pretty open minded on the topic, including some I might not expect to have been.

Of course it is inevitably that not everybody will be, as you are continuing to prove.

Your final paragraph fails because unlike previously CRT are now making it pretty clear that they intend to enforce far more agressively against so called "non compliant continuous cruisers", so anybody who chooses now to give up a long-term mooring now should be in no doubt that shuffling between just a few closely spaced places will no longer suffice, and shouldn't be surprised if CRT is quickly on their case.

You don't seem to want to hear that those you are complaining about have previously done what they do with BW's full knowledge, and often no clues from BW that they were not moving enough. If that were not the case you might have a point, but as that is the case, my feeling is that however many times you say it, you still do not.

Do you really think all those with LTMs are gagging to give them up, still pay maybe half what they currently do for moorings, and to have to keep moving the boat maybe every 14 days within perhaps a 5 mile long stretch of canal? I wouldn't be in the queue for such a permit, and I'm sure many others wouldn't either!

Do you have a home mooring? If so, would you?

Edited by alan_fincher

You do make me laugh. So all those people on LTM want to Moore on a peace of towpath with no facilities, move every 14 days and not be allowed yo use Visitor Moorings. How does a group of boaters paying arroind £800 over the price of licence hit the CRT coffers what am I missing?

Do you really think all those with LTMs are gagging to give them up, still pay maybe half what they currently do for moorings, and to have to keep moving the boat maybe every 14 days within perhaps a 5 mile long stretch of canal? I wouldn't be in the queue for such a permit, and I'm sure many others wouldn't either!

Do you have a home mooring? If so, would you?

Exactly my point if they created a new category of RMP with standard rules would it really be taken up in vast numbers I doubt it.

Are CRT really going to be aggressive on the K&A or Uxbridge to force people to move if they don't take these up or is this another bluff to be called I am not sure, i have certainly seen more movement in the rural areas where it is obviously much easier to bring pressure to bear.

On the other hand I believe the K&A group rejected the principle of RMP's and one of the grounds was that it was divisive.

Exactly my point if they created a new category of RMP with standard rules would it really be taken up in vast numbers I doubt it.

Are CRT really going to be aggressive on the K&A or Uxbridge to force people to move if they don't take these up or is this another bluff to be called I am not sure, i have certainly seen more movement in the rural areas where it is obviously much easier to bring pressure to bear.

On the other hand I believe the K&A group rejected the principle of RMP's and one of the grounds was that it was divisive.

I think CRT are under pressure to enforce. To be fair, we have all at some point complained about the lack of it.

There are problems from berko to london, and something has to be done. I have to admit, the numbers in these areas are increasing. It would be great if we could come to a solution amicably with CRT that suits both parties. Its been a hard slog at times for alan, louise and myself, with slow progress.

I do believe these permits would have to be tailored if used in another area, even on price. We are still looking at and listening to input, even the negative stuff. It all helps and is much appreciated.

Jenlyn,

You and CUB can get the best deal you can with C&RT good for you. As far as I'm concerned if you get a good deal you're doing better than I have all these years of paying full price moorings. I get rubbish service from C&RT who are unable to even remove a temporary fence after 4 weeks. They are probably too busy attending meetings with CUB.

I am not against any other boater, I just want to be left alone to live my life in peace and that's the end of it.

I hope you and your group get the message and leave me alone and understand I am not against you or CUB or anyone else. I just want to be left in peace.

• Greenie 1

Jenlyn,

You and CUB can get the best deal you can with C&RT good for you. As far as I'm concerned if you get a good deal you're doing better than I have all these years of paying full price moorings. I get rubbish service from C&RT who are unable to even remove a temporary fence after 4 weeks. They are probably too busy attending meetings with CUB.

I am not against any other boater, I just want to be left alone to live my life in peace and that's the end of it.

I hope you and your group get the message and leave me alone and understand I am not against you or CUB or anyone else. I just want to be left in peace.

So you keep saying. I think we all heard you the first time ;-)

As an afterthought, perhaps if you had not sent a message to louise with your somewhat unchristian attitude, you would not have got embroiled in this. She knocked on your boat, once, to ask you a simple question, she didnt threaten you, or beat you up.

I checked with CRT on your orange fence, it was put in place to enable the concrete which is holding the new ring, time to dry. Thus enabling the ring to hold your boat. Frankly, I am surprised you can see the fence over the amount of toys you seem to be throwing off the boat!!

Edited by jenlyn

I don't often get down to the south end of the Grand Union, but as a continuous cruiser this could eventually affect me.

Is there a website or similar where the CUB action group publish details of forthcoming public meetings and the latest developments?

I did look on Facebook but the only groups I could find were "Boater's Manifesto", which does not list any forthcoming meetings, although the meeting report was very interesting, and "Cowley and Uxbridge Community Boaters (CUB)" but they seem to be a closed group.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people are getting upset about this?

The CCers have been there for years and now CRT have come up with a scheme to finally get some mooring fees from them, while giving them some sort of transitional status.

And now some legitimate moorers (assuming they are legitimate and not bending the rules themselves by living on non-residential moorings), become apoplectic with rage about what's happened?

Personally I've never got pissed off because I'm paying for a mooring while someone else isn't because whether someone else moves their boat or not is irrelevant when it comes to my mooring.

So would those who feel angry prefer it if these people continued to flout the CCing rules without paying anything to moor as they have been for years, or should CRT at least get some mooring fees from them? If we're being realistic then those are the options and either way it shouldn't make any difference to those who've always paid for a mooring. They will remain unaffected - apart from their fluctuating levels of envy and anger.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 3

So you keep saying. I think we all heard you the first time ;-)

As an afterthought, perhaps if you had not sent a message to louise with your somewhat unchristian attitude, you would not have got embroiled in this. She knocked on your boat, once, to ask you a simple question, she didnt threaten you, or beat you up.

I checked with CRT on your orange fence, it was put in place to enable the concrete which is holding the new ring, time to dry. Thus enabling the ring to hold your boat. Frankly, I am surprised you can see the fence over the amount of toys you seem to be throwing off the boat!!

1. That fence has been there over a month. I'm sorry it doesn't take a month for concrete to dry. Ridiculous.

2. You were not there, Louise did not "ask me a simple question", she was angry and upset with me, wrongly. Louise and I have sorted this out. That's done.

Being a Christian does not make me a doormat.

Now you are accusing me of throwing things off of my boat, which I have not done. The towpath next to my boat is completely clear.

You accuse me of having something against other boaters which I do not - and finally I think you have got the message.

Thank goodness, that's all I'm saying on the matter and I will deal with C&RT with regards to this fence thank you.

I will not be posting or reading this any longer. I wish you every success with CUB.

1. That fence has been there over a month. I'm sorry it doesn't take a month for concrete to dry. Ridiculous.

2. You were not there, Louise did not "ask me a simple question", she was angry and upset with me, wrongly. Louise and I have sorted this out. That's done.

Being a Christian does not make me a doormat.

Now you are accusing me of throwing things off of my boat, which I have not done. The towpath next to my boat is completely clear.

You accuse me of having something against other boaters which I do not - and finally I think you have got the message.

Thank goodness, that's all I'm saying on the matter and I will deal with C&RT with regards to this fence thank you.

I will not be posting or reading this any longer. I wish you every success with CUB.

I read "toys off the boat" as the boater version of "toys out of the pram" but maybe I have an overdeveloped sense of humour.

Concrete takes about 4 weeks to reach 90% of its strength.

Edited by nicknorman

We are relying upon you to save civilisation. Go to it!

Yes, you leave it to someone else as per usual. While most people allow themselves to be bullied then it will always happen because the bullies see it as their right through compliance. So, not only are you willing to sit around and let someone else sort the problems out, you actively support bullying.

Oh no are you saying that CRT might have been to busy doing other things and have not yet found the time to remove a bit of fence?

just out of interest do you have any ideas as to how to move forward in the Uxbridge area?

just out of interest do you have any ideas as to how to move forward in the Uxbridge area?

Start the engine and engage forward gear??!!

Sorry couldn't resist , coat and popcorn at the ready.