Another workshop/brokerage goes to the wall

Yorkshire Lad

Featured Posts

I also find it slightly concerning when these "alerts" come from fairly unknown members with only a handful of posts, and they are based "somewhere on the cut".

Might be a bit better to hold back until they have some actual information, rather than just commenting on an "allegedly" they have heard, without giving any supporting detail.

Do you have any evidence of this? Or is it hearsay? Because rumour can be damaging. If we don't know for sure then this thread will be removed.

On the other hand, if it is true, forum members will want to know, as it could affect their plans for boat repair or maintenance. Have we any CWFers who moor there and who could bring us up to date?

On the other hand, if it is true, forum members will want to know, as it could affect their plans for boat repair or maintenance. Have we any CWFers who moor there and who could bring us up to date?

But if it isn't it could soon become true as people don't bother to check and take their business elsewhere....

About half of the threads we get like this turn out to be untrue. I can think of case where it was deliberately malicious.

Not just this forum either -sometimes the mags publish stuff, I remember a case where just because a builder wasn't answering the phone, it was assumed they'd gone under. They were actually on holiday.

Can't someone just ask them?

Edited by Lady Muck

Well....I´m in Spain...and so started to worry..

I was about to call them and ask for some pre-season work to be done.

So I did ´the obvious´...I phoned and asked !!

Yes....Simtech went into administration yesterday...but the marina is unaffected.

I was told..that the marina wanted to resolve things quickly as they want to offer services to boaters. I´m sure this will be the case.

It´s not malicious...or I would not put my name and photo to it !!

PS..it´s really hot here...and my nose is sunburned... :P

Bob

Edited by Bobbybass

About half of the threads we get like this turn out to be untrue. I can think of case where it was deliberately malicious.

Not just this forum either -sometimes the mags publish stuff, I remember a case where just because a builder wasn't answering the phone, it was assumed they'd gone under. They were actually on holiday.

Can't someone just ask them?

This happened recently with Kingsground Boats, which were reported to have closed down by one of the boatimags.

Bobby, I'm jealous. Mrs. Athy and I were in Spain earlier this month, Costa Del Sol, and all we got was rust streaks from the warm rain.

Yeah cheers for that.

I'm driving North tomorrow for 10 days in Sunny Scotland.

Heavy snow, sleet and blizzards are the forecast.

Well it really is sunny Scotland here this morning, but 4 to 5 ins of snow on the hill behind the house. Are you going ski-ing? The roads to the ski centres in the Highlands were closed the other day (by snow!)

This happened recently with Kingsground Boats, which were reported to have closed down by one of the boatimags.

It almost happened twice. The first time ( a couple of summers ago), I managed to talk Mr Denny out of publishing what would've been untrue. They were on holiday, they fixed my boat then went on holiday. Hence not answering the phone. He'd sent Maffi down to their marina and Maffi had reported that no boats were in build. Well, probably because that wasn't where they were building them.

The second time he went ahead and printed it. Without bothering to check the truth with Richard, infact Richard had told us that they were planning to restructure and move the building way bac k in 2009. They put two and together and made five again. I don't blame him for getting annoyed.

Well....I´m in Spain...and so started to worry..

I was about to call them and ask for some pre-season work to be done.

So I did ´the obvious´...I phoned and asked !!

Yes....Simtech went into administration yesterday...but the marina is unaffected.

I was told..that the marina wanted to resolve things quickly as they want to offer services to boaters. I´m sure this will be the case.

It´s not malicious...or I would not put my name and photo to it !!

PS..it´s really hot here...and my nose is sunburned... :P

Bob

Thank you for phoning them, Bobbybass. :cheers:

I think I ought to edit the thread title to better reflect what has gone on, because it could read as if the marina has gone bust - what is the name of the company that has gone under? Is it a workshop and brokerage or workshop only? Can we find out?

Edited by Lady Muck

Love the little "Bucket", would fit in the drive too! ;)

It's a pity there are not more pics. Canny little boat.

Bucket_zps78d10910.jpg

I'm not sure why they are advertising as 'licensed 'til May 2012' :wacko:

Typo perhaps?

ed. to make picture smaller

Edited by The Dog House

It's a pity there are not more pics. Canny little boat.

Bucket_zps78d10910.jpg

I'm not sure why they are advertising as 'licensed 'til May 2012' :wacko:

Typo perhaps?

ed. to make picture smaller

Let's not get carried away. It's a 20 or so foot springer, in need of a paint job. I bet it bobs like a cork. And what's with the security bar across those glass doors... :banghead: