Boat share opportunuity

dave moore

Featured Posts

Resolute is owned by Graham Edgson and myself, the company demonstrator for Norton Canes Boatbuilders. She's a 60' tug with elegant taditional lines. We are thinking of expanding the owner base to a 3rd share and wonder whether any forum members would be interested.

Resolute is 10 years old, immaculately maintained and admired wherever she goes. Reviewed in the July 2006 edition of Waterways World by Graham Booth she was described as a "traditional head turner". Powered by a 1943 Kevin J3 diesel, the boatman's cabin and engine room are my handiwork and almost a shrine to the working boat traditions I caught a flavour of years ago.

The rest of the boat is fitted in maple with painted panels. The galley, 16' saloon and bathroom are graceful yet unfussy in style with much use of stop chamfering. A pull out double bed/daytime sofa sits forward for sleeping/sitting accommodation and the galley has a full size fridge and cooker with acres of cupboard space while the compact bathroom has a shower, hand basin and cassette toilet along with airing cupboard space.

Resolute is not the usual floating cottage but she's comfortable and solid, centrally heated and useable year round. She would appeal to an experienced boater with a traditional mindset who cares about the past; someone with common sense and practical skills to maintain her to an immaculate standard; unafraid to polish brass!! The share offers an opportunity for extensive cruising at modest cost with the advantages of full support and maintenance services at Norton Canes.

Pictures can be found on page 9 of the "pictures of your boat" thread on this forum. For more details PM me here, or call 07831 243001 to discuss options. Serious enquiries only please - she's that sort of boat!!

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Despite some interest, I'm still looking for a share in Resolute. Principally, I'm hoping to find someone to share the upkeep, I have less time these days to boat or look after her. For the last 10 years or so my wife and I have had sole use; Graham prefers building boats to boating itself. Following an accident resulting in a badly broken leg my wife's confidence has taken a tunble and I have to accept that I'll be doing less boating than previously.

This would offer a prospective 3rd share the opportunity for extended boating, far more than a conventional third would normally afford.If anyone finds the idea appealing, my mobile number is in the original post or email me on kelvinJ3resolute@gmail.com

I'm happy to explain the advantages of such an arrangement.

Cheers

Dave

Hi all

After a couple of false starts this week, I'm still searching for a third share. She's not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but I believe that there must be someone who would enjoy her as much as we have for last decade. Any takers?

Cheers

Dave

I know that boat, the other share holders, the access to expert facilities it has and also roughly what the share will cost.

Seriously - what is on offer here is one of the best bargains on the cut.

The only thing I can see wrong with it is that it doesn't have Gardner engine.

I have no commercial connection.

Edited by andywatson

I know that boat, the other share holders, the access to expert facilities it has and also roughly what the share will cost.

Seriously - what is on offer here is one of the best bargains on the cut.

I have no commercial connection.

Yeah, but that Kelvin's a funny colour! :)

N

Hi all

After a couple of false starts this week, I'm still searching for a third share. She's not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but I believe that there must be someone who would enjoy her as much as we have for last decade. Any takers?

Cheers

Dave

Dave

I know this is a lovely boat, can you PM roughly what this might cost and I will have a word with a family member , I expect it's a bit too early for him.

Hi Mark

Thanks for posting one of Malcolms fliers, it goes back to the 70s or early 80s I think. I regard him as an early mentor, he opened my eyes to the canal and boating scene as a teenager in the 60s and the signwriter he used was my first inspiration.

Malcolm had an eye for building good looking craft and many are still around today. Graham took over in 1986 and developed the lines still further. Resolute was the first tug with an FMC style bow,Acacia an original, was moored just outside on the slipway and provided inspiration, though she's not a copy. Later boats have carried similar lines. To my eyes, they are among the best looking craft afloat, not of course that I'm prejudiced or that Graham is a mate!!!!!

Still looking for the third share..........

Cheers

Dave

Hi Mark

Thanks for posting one of Malcolms fliers, it goes back to the 70s or early 80s I think. I regard him as an early mentor, he opened my eyes to the canal and boating scene as a teenager in the 60s and the signwriter he used was my first inspiration.

Malcolm had an eye for building good looking craft and many are still around today. Graham took over in 1986 and developed the lines still further. Resolute was the first tug with an FMC style bow,Acacia an original, was moored just outside on the slipway and provided inspiration, though she's not a copy. Later boats have carried similar lines. To my eyes, they are among the best looking craft afloat, not of course that I'm prejudiced or that Graham is a mate!!!!!

Still looking for the third share..........

Cheers

Dave

Tried hard to interest my son, it's a great opportunity to own a share in a lovely boat, good luck