How are the canals?

PlasticFantastic

Featured Posts

Well being moored at the top of Hatton Flight I'm not worried about the level rising and my boat at risk of sinking. Were not even worried about checking the ropes regularly.

Mind you, being 200 odd feet above Warwick itself, then if the canal floods there I'll have lots more to worry about than my boat!!!

Canal levels are fairly well regulated, there are run offs at various points along the canals to regulate the maximum level, and of course for any stretch that is not a sump the lock gate and bywashes will stop the canal rising.

Sue

Canal levels are fairly well regulated, there are run offs at various points along the canals to regulate the maximum level, and of course for any stretch that is not a sump the lock gate and bywashes will stop the canal rising.

Sue

Actually, there are exceptions - viz the Rochdale flooding at Todmorden and Hebden Bridge earlier this year as the river overflowed into it. And a few years ago I was on the Chesterfield when it rose well over 18ins and overflowed into a house opposite - the sluices simply couldn't cope with the outflow from the summit reservoir (where there was a spectacular waterfall).

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

Please don't call me "sonny"

Please do spell wit with one "t"

Thank you (c:

Oops, sorry lad I called you sonny as I have no idea of your age or anything else due to you not having the bottle to elaborate on your profile. Oh and picking up on spelling is tedious to say the least, now run along sonny to another forum or wherever else you have come from and leave boating to the grown ups :cheers:

Tim

• Greenie 1

Oops, sorry lad I called you sonny as I have no idea of your age or anything else due to you not having the bottle to elaborate on your profile. Oh and picking up on spelling is tedious to say the least, now run along sonny to another forum or wherever else you have come from and leave boating to the grown ups :cheers:

Tim

I'll probably get banned for this, but you really are a moron.

Have you considered therapy?

<edit>you really come across as a moron, you may not be</edit>

Edited by PlasticFantastic
  • Greenie 1

Naah ya wont get banned lad, this forum is used to trivial little bits of banter when an unknown pops up and hides behind his anonimity, its all parr for the course, keep on truckin :cheers:

Tim

Welcome to the forum. I think some of the members have been supping too much Christmas spirit

Dear me! The warm feelings engendered by Christmas have dissipated very quickly. Washed away by flood water, perhaps.

Closing this thread because typing fingers seem to be getting out of control.

Nick