Looking for stolen narrowboat

grant@rsa

Featured Posts

May 2012 is quite some time after October 2011. What strikes me as strange is that (alleged) insurance company seems unaware of what happened - if anything at all - in the six months between the two dates. Something not quite right methinks.

OP says "sometime after October 2011".

Yes, but it is very obviously the one that GeorgeD said was stolen in this post, (already linked to).

So why on earth is someone presumably assosciated with the insurance side saying "sometime after October 2011", when we have already been told in another thread by someone from BW enforcement it was stolen in May?

Like so many of these, I think there is more we are not being told, than what we actually are!

this boat is called Cloud 9 BW No. 519819

boat name not on boat

believed stolen over the last 2 to 3 weeks and not seen when BW checked Norton Jct on 17th May

60ft Geeen cream Liverpool boat built 2007

Stolen from the bottom of the Leicester Line at Norton Jct

My checks at Watford Locks have no record of that boat going through. There was an unconfirmed sighting heading south through the Buckby Flight.

WHEN i WORK OUT HOW TO UPLOAD A PHOTO i WILL DO SO

Edited by alan_fincher

It looks to me as though this new thread has more to do with an insurance company considering whether to pay out on a theft claim, than an attempt at recovery. In particular, the question asking where the photo was taken is probably related to assessing the honesty of the claim.

My guess would also be that the Ins Co is unaware of the previous long and involved thread about this theft, and of BW's involvement.

MtB

(edit to add a missing word!)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I suspect the OP has been provided with a set of circumstances/facts regarding this matter.

He may or may not believe the details that he has been provided with and is attempting to verify something whereby the boat at that location is significant!

I don't expect he is going to elaborate on the why's and wherefores so pass the popcorn Luctor lol

ETA cross post with Mike on a similar theme

Edited by Tiger 1057

I think it is bad form for the op not to have identified himself and his company. However it is in all our interests to recover stolen property and perhaps we should set aside the op's gaffe.

Perhaps 'Grant' could provide further info.

Regards

Ditchdabbler

err! i think he did right at the beginning post his name and company are part of his email address! as for location of picture, about as much use as a chocolate fire guard as the picture is A. clearly old as the canal is frozen Yet boat only went missing in Oct?) B. as said when George originally asked the picture is of such poor quailty that it begs the question does the loser actually want it found?

err! i think he did right at the beginning post his name and company are part of his email address! as for location of picture, about as much use as a chocolate fire guard as the picture is A. clearly old as the canal is frozen Yet boat only went missing in Oct?) B. as said when George originally asked the picture is of such poor quailty that it begs the question does the loser actually want it found?

err --- October 2011.

Personally I suspect that the insurers are trying to establish a set of provable facts, as there seem to be few so far.

I find it hard to believe that the insured has no other pictures of the boat. I find it hard to understand that none can be found from previous owners or from the last known selling agent. Realistically there is no proof that the fuzzy picture given for identity purposes is the boat in question. IMO Somewhere in BW/CaRT records will be the full history of the previous registered keepers (licence holders) Some of these people may have photographs.

Yes I suspect that the popcorn stall will be more interesting than the enquiry.

Personally I suspect that the insurers are trying to establish a set of provable facts, as there seem to be few so far.

I find it hard to believe that the insured has no other pictures of the boat. I find it hard to understand that none can be found from previous owners or from the last known selling agent. Realistically there is no proof that the fuzzy picture given for identity purposes is the boat in question. IMO Somewhere in BW/CaRT records will be the full history of the previous registered keepers (licence holders) Some of these people may have photographs.

Yes I suspect that the popcorn stall will be more interesting than the enquiry.

Quite right too. Bottom line in my view is the insurers don't actually believe the boat ever existed and the insurance policy and subsequent 'loss' of the fictional boat is a scam.

Just my guesswork...

MtB

Bw were told the boat had been stolen from norton junction,where it had a paid for mooring after its sale. Whether the boat was actually on the mooring is debatable, and BW didnt actively follow up the investigation after GD's attempts. The question also needs to be asked by the insurers of northants police ........why they didnt post details of the boat as is normal,after requests by bw,and others to do so.

He/She is probably not at work at this time of the day.

Fair enough, but within 10mins after the OP posted his request, there were already 3 posts asking for more information.

But as this boat went missing in May, there's no rush anymore, and the OP has still plenty of time, as insurences are never in a hurry if they have to pay, but if it's us, 1 day late and they'll call you.

Peter.

I'm 90% certain I know where this photo was taken, but I'm not willing to say here. I would be happy to call the relevant police station (I'll look the number up myself) and tell them if the OP would like.

.....but surely you'll need a crime number, otherwise they'll not be interested?......

Were is the OP? You think he'd be interested in getting some info?

The OP Left his contact details in post one. He expects anyone who has info to contact him. He is wisely using the forum to get his requirement for information spread around but does not wish to read through lots of speculative chatter.

Doug Scullery and luctor who appear to have information should be contacting the OP direct as requested.

Simples