Y NOT move your boat please

tafelberg

Featured Posts

You are sooooo right Martin. And a spade is deffo a spade. Having lived for many years amongst suverners I am still in awe of their lack of a sense of humour in so many cases. ;)

Tim

Hey - - - I take exception to that slur!

If you had ever said anything remotely funny I would have laughed!

(dry.gif)

Why should I do the job of canal and river waterways trust. I pay them nearly £2000 a year? They can sort it out. In this freezing weather no thanks.

Also lets say said owner has TV on boat and in transit the TV get's broken, who is liable, oh me!

aww, freezing weather, did someone mention southern softies.....

I hardly think you are going to destroy his TV and Ming vase collection by hauling his boat 70 feet down a towpath unless you plan on lifting it out with a fork lift through the windows and dropping it back in.

It was only 3 days ago you were complaining about someone else taking your mooring, perhaps you need to look after it a bit more, you know..... take it to bed with you.... feed it weetabix in the morning....

• Greenie 3

Why should I do the job of canal and river waterways trust. I pay them nearly £2000 a year? They can sort it out. In this freezing weather no thanks.

Also lets say said owner has TV on boat and in transit the TV get's broken, who is liable, oh me!

I wonder how long it takes them to organise a section 8 notice........................or maybe a £25 a day fine as per the other thread?

• Greenie 1

I'd just haul him down a bit, moor my boat where it should be, then breast him back up. No real 'danger' with that manouvere and you will see him return too.

I thought earlier though, in another thread, you were saying you have the right to 'a' mooring there, not a specific spot necessarily? Or did I read it wrong........not that that would make Y-NOT correct of course.

I was talking to Tony a couple of months ago and he mentioned that he had found a buyer for Y-NOT as he had other plans ... I do remember that he used to have a notice in his window asking people to call him if there was a problem with the boat - perhaps if that notice has gone then the boat isn't his any more

I have a mooring 300 yards from y-not, i popped to cowley for water got back 2 hours later to find someone in our mooring, i pulled alongside and asked them why they moored there, the reply was well we only wanted to stay for one night, i replied yes but these are clearly marked long term moorings the reply was well yeah but didnt think it would matter for one night. lol

I have a mooring 300 yards from y-not, i popped to cowley for water got back 2 hours later to find someone in our mooring, i pulled alongside and asked them why they moored there, the reply was well we only wanted to stay for one night, i replied yes but these are clearly marked long term moorings the reply was well yeah but didnt think it would matter for one night. lol

Well this guy thinks its ok for a week!!!! LOL

I was talking to Tony a couple of months ago and he mentioned that he had found a buyer for Y-NOT as he had other plans ... I do remember that he used to have a notice in his window asking people to call him if there was a problem with the boat - perhaps if that notice has gone then the boat isn't his any more

Sounds likely, especially since an experienced boater would not make such a school boy error as to moor on a permanent mooring, at least one would hope not.

Well this guy thinks its ok for a week!!!! LOL

Sounds likely, especially since an experienced boater would not make such a school boy error as to moor on a permanent mooring, at least one would hope not.

Tony may have a problem, I have tried ringing him on both his home number and his mobile and can only get his answer phone, I have left him a message but he has not got back to me.

Tony may have a problem, I have tried ringing him on both his home number and his mobile and can only get his answer phone, I have left him a message but he has not got back to me.

Aha C&RT actually said the same thing that they could not get through to him.

Well I'll just keep an eye on it till it gets moved and see how we go.

OP - - you'll probably find that Y-Not is now owned by a member of the IWA - - (they do, now, have a 'special relationship' with CaRT do they not?) dry.gif

Or maybe the owner is just trying to live up to the boat's name?

It looks like C&RT believe the boat is still owned by Mr.Lenten. Perhaps this is a reason for calls not being returned.

Regards

Ditchdabbler

You are sure he is not in the boat aren't you.

Some years ago we moored on the Thames, walked round the bend and passed a boat I knew. Boat locked and no sign of life so we walked on, same thing the next mooring and we carried on up the Thames, that night his family found him dead in the boat. I don't know if I could have changed that outcome but I have never forgotten it.

HI Ally,

Well we shall see, the rulling from C&RT is that you have a 70ft space on the mooring but it is not allocated, however, they tell you where you should moor.

I just don't get it to be honest.

:-)

It IS all a bit vague isn't it....I would have another check there is no-one onboard, and shuffle in and breast them up ...you will at least know when they arrive back then!

You are sure he is not in the boat aren't you.

Some years ago we moored on the Thames, walked round the bend and passed a boat I knew. Boat locked and no sign of life so we walked on, same thing the next mooring and we carried on up the Thames, that night his family found him dead in the boat. I don't know if I could have changed that outcome but I have never forgotten it.

This is the way I would rather like to go...

Quite shocking for his family though.

MtB

Okay. I'm on my own and with the weir stream opposite I don't think this is something I would attempt on my own. Remember if I damage anything I'm liable. Also his mooring offence is actually the responsibility of C&RT not me! :-) If anyone should move his boat C&RT should do it. :-)

The weir stream is below the lock, your above it?