Y NOT move your boat please

tafelberg

Featured Posts

The wier stream is about 5 boat lengths further up than Tafelberg, but don't let that get in the way of him trying to get out of doing the sensible thing and just shifting it himself.

Yes I realised that after I said it, there's no pull there though. I don't usually tie jenlyn when going down through the lock and it was fine this afternoon when I came up. That little weir is ferocious since those flats went up. It's almost as bad as coy carp.

Edited by jenlyn

The wier stream is about 5 boat lengths further up than Tafelberg, but don't let that get in the way of him trying to get out of doing the sensible thing and just shifting it himself.

Wrong. There is another one just by the lock that has quite a pull on the boat where I am. That's a river inlet leading down the back that used to feed the old mill. If you look on a map you'll see that it separates from the main canal.

http://goo.gl/maps/ICNfI

That's not the weir stream. You can see it goes right past the lock.

I would have put this boat on Ebay by now, come on it's on your mooring he must have given it to you for Christmas, what a nice bloke ?

ROFL! Good idea!

Yes I realised that after I said it, there's no pull there though. I don't usually tie jenlyn when going down through the lock and it was fine this afternoon when I came up. That little weir is ferocious since those flats went up. It's almost as bad as coy carp.

Yeah the weir stream below the lock pushes boats, the feed to it is just by the lock and that pulls the boat, if you untie Taf where she is now and just leave her, she will make her way unceremoniously to the lock all on her own.

Edited by tafelberg

Wrong. There is another one just by the lock that has quite a pull on the boat where I am. That's a river inlet leading down the back that used to feed the old mill. If you look on a map you'll see that it separates from the main canal.

http://goo.gl/maps/ICNfI

That's not the weir stream. You can see it goes right past the lock.

ROFL! Good idea!

Yeah the weir stream below the lock pushes boats, the feed to it is just by the lock and that pulls the boat, if you untie Taf where she is now and just leave her, she will make her way unceremoniously to the lock all on her own.

Just move the flippin thing, if you want a hand, I'm up above you round the corner with rob.

I have to ask did anyone see this boat on the mentioned mooring? as the photos provided were not that mooring?

I have mentioned this twice on this thread and the op has decided not to defend his claim to the trespass?

I saw the boat on the mooring it was there about a week. I better walk down to my mooring further down and check he might be in mine now lol.

I have to ask did anyone see this boat on the mentioned mooring? as the photos provided were not that mooring?

I have mentioned this twice on this thread and the op has decided not to defend his claim to the trespass?

We saw the boat on the mooring as we went past. we were looking for the op's boat as we had seen it on the way down.

Wow - missed this thread but saw the word out on Cutweb email group. Have had a brief conversation with person onboard a few months ago when he saw my Cutweb sticker. Also have seen the boat moored up in September/October between Uxbridge and Rickie.

I joined Cutweb for roughly the same reason I joined IWA - as a way of belonging to a club. I did try SPCC but for various reasons (much to complicated to go into here) went for Cutweb. As affiliated to AWCC it seemed that if ever we wanted to visit a felloww affiliate it might be useful - at least as a introduction. The email list is pretty useful and there were a fair few emails about Y-Not. I guess we will never know how the owner was contacted, or whether they were.

Okay well the boats, gone I met two quite pleasant ladies who were "new" and did not understand the whole mooring thing. Tony is in Palestine or somewhere. So all sorted.

Good for you, did you educate the two quite pleasant ladies, that must be a little bit less new now, not to tie-up and abandon their boat on someones elses private mooring ?

Peter.

Okay well the boats, gone I met two quite pleasant ladies who were "new" and did not understand the whole mooring thing. Tony is in Palestine or somewhere. So all sorted.

Thanks for posting that, its set my mind at rest. I will just need to explain things when he gets home and returns my calls.

• Greenie 1

Good for you, did you educate the two quite pleasant ladies, that must be a little bit less new now, not to tie-up and abandon their boat on someones else's private mooring ?

Peter.

It might be a feminine thing.

There's a long term mooring on Audlem Locks North, next to lock 14 and being vacant during the summer, two lady boaters on a hire boat decided it was a great place to moor for a few days and have a BBQ. :wacko::wacko:

It gets a bit frustrating when you've had a boat alongside you for a week or so :angry:

Hmmm, the word Marina suddenly comes to mind!

Edited by Doorman