Potential Drama Unfolding

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

It looks from that clip as if the bows of the NB have swung towards the bank but their bow rope is still at an angle which suggests that it is the stern which has swung out and not the bows which have swung in. Good to see that the bow rope is still at a downward angle and holding.

Everything crossed for a safe recovery of the boats when the water eventually goes down.

haggis

I think the bit in the video you can see is the stern with some kind of red cover on it.

I think the bit in the video you can see is the stern with some kind of red cover on it.

I don't think it is! Originally, it was thought that the NB was moored facing downstream but in the daylight, it became clear that the stern was towards the web cam. The video has been taken form the other end of the boats and they are both facing the camera (and upstream), I think. The red thing is probably a cratch cover.

haggis

I don't think it is! Originally, it was thought that the NB was moored facing downstream but in the daylight, it became clear that the stern was towards the web cam. The video has been taken form the other end of the boats and they are both facing the camera (and upstream), I think. The red thing is probably a cratch cover.

haggis

Ahh yes I think you're right.

Anybody remember the screensaver in the late eighties featuring the castaway on the desert island? This webcam is taking on the same kind of mantle. Turn your back on it for one second and you miss the ducks, or the kayak ( I did see him), or the wheelie bin.

Johnny Castaway! Yeah! :)

Not sure why not.

Possibly because as a junior member of the forum and not necessarily knowing the protocol on such things Wumpty was being a little cautious not to overstep the mark. Not everyone is quite as familiar with the rules (and how far you can stretch them before getting your knuckles rapped) as you and I Martin

Thanks for sharing it with us Wumpty

Possibly because as a junior member of the forum and not necessarily knowing the protocol on such things Wumpty was being a little cautious not to overstep the mark. Not everyone is quite as familiar with the rules (and how far you can stretch them before getting your knuckles rapped) as you and I Martin

I wasn't having a pop I just didn't understand the reluctance,

and yes thanks for the link Wumpty it's a good picture.

I had a chance to look at NB Alice from both the bridge, and from the first floor of one of the buildings overlooking the 'drama'. Alice seems low at the stern, and the prow is definitely encroaching over the wall. (by about 75cm). I think though when the river recedes, the current will make her slide off the edge.

In case anyone is interested, Naburn is closed again, and Cawood bridge is underwater. Kelfield Ings are again flooded, which took about 7 days to recede on the last occasion. The water is also extremely high at the old toll bridge in Selby, with large amounts of debris getting trapped.

I think that we are all accessing the river cam at the same time this morning. I has taken ages to update the pic! Only fractionally up this morning compared with last night at midnight, though.

Nick

If your guess is correct then weirdly he has done very wrong by the owner of the original image and broken Flickr's site rules. By not linking directly to the image but 'stealing' it and uploading it to his own account he has trangressed a few moments of bad ettiquette and possibly the law depending on how the Flickr image was licensed.

If your guess is correct then weirdly he has done very wrong by the owner of the original image and broken Flickr's site rules. By not linking directly to the image but 'stealing' it and uploading it to his own account he has trangressed a few moments of bad ettiquette and possibly the law depending on how the Flickr image was licensed.

Who has?

Richard

MORE:

That pump in the Kings Arms is struggling

8223237905_6963cf9097_b.jpg

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Well if the original photographer Nick Mitchell wants to make a complaint I'm sure the mods. will take the link and the image down for 'breach of copyright'.

Personally I think it's rather a good picture and does him credit and as long as nobody else is claiming credit for it or using it to gain financially there is no real harm done - is there?

A possible technical breach of copyright yes but I suspect widespread on the internet and extremely hard to monitor and police.

I've credited the image I posted in order to keep the lawyers from the door (though as no 'permission' was sought to post it here I no doubt will still be in the doggy do's)

Edited by The Dog House

Well if the original photographer Nick Mitchell wants to make a complaint I'm sure the mods. will take the link and the image down for 'breach of copyright'.

Personally I think it's rather a good picture and does him credit and as long as nobody else is claiming credit for it or using it to gain financially there is no real harm done - is there?

A possible technical breach of copyright yes but I suspect widespread on the internet and extremely hard to monitor and police.

I've credited the image I posted in order to keep the lawyers from the door (though as no 'permission' was sought to post it here I no doubt will still be in the doggy do's)

Eh? Weren't you the one who posted the direct link? That is accepted practice behaviour etc. I think you've seriously misread my comment about the origianl picture postsers actions.

Edited to add that I'm confused now. Was it the Dog House who took it and uploaded it to Flickr therefore 'stealing' the image? Either way, netiquette and what not.

Edited by Leonie

Eh? Weren't you the one who posted the direct link? That is accepted practice behaviour etc. I think you've seriously misread my comment about the origianl picture postsers actions.

Edited to add that I'm confused now. Was it the Dog House who took it and uploaded it to Flickr therefore 'stealing' the image? Either way, netiquette and what not.

Not as much as you have confused me :lol: -

The Image originally appeared on Flickr presumably posted by the original photographer Nick Mitchell

The original photographer then posted it in a photography forum 'Talk photography' under the forum name blank_Canvas, (when you click on the signature in that post it takes you to his flickr account so I assume it's one and the same person)

Wumpty then posted a link here to that post in the 'Talk Photography' forum.

I posted the actual picture here in CWDF by right clicking on the image and inserting the image.

Does that make it a bit clearer?

Not as much as you have confused me :lol: -

The Image originally appeared on Flickr presumably posted by the original photographer Nick Mitchell

The original photographer then posted it in a photography forum 'Talk photography' under the forum name blank_Canvas, (when you click on the signature in that post it takes you to his flickr account so I assume it's one and the same person)

Wumpty then posted a link here to that post in the 'Talk Photography' forum.

I posted the actual picture here in CWDF by right clicking on the image and inserting the image.

Does that make it a bit clearer?

Yeah it does thanks. I misunderstood and thought the image had been uploaded to or from Flickr by someone else. I have a cold and a six month old foetus eating my brain cells (is my excuse). Apologies for the confusion. Carry on, is the river dropping? Are the boats still floating?

If there's any bother with copyright I'm currently working on an "artist's impression" of the scene.

Looks a bit sketchy to me...