Potential Drama Unfolding

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

I wonder what now happens to the boats?

It must be better for the insurers to try and intervene now and get the boats along to the floating pontoons which as mentioned further up the thread are not that far away - saves a 'total loss' claim surely?

Carlt - How do I attach images directly into a thread like that?

I upload them to Photobucket then use the link provided.

Martin,(The Dog House) has done a guide somewhere but I haven't looked at it as I've been here so long that I haven't needed it.

Someone will know where it is though.

Martin,(The Dog House) has done a guide somewhere but I haven't looked at it as I've been here so long that I haven't needed it.

I asked the mods to take it down Carl after Photobucket updated their site.

The old video no longer made sense.

So they've got the people off... any idea if the boats will be safe?

That's my worry. At least least if they're on the boats, they can control things as the water levels drop and avoid grounding on the railings or something similar. Having said that, I bet they're just glad they're safe for now.

I tried uploading to the gallery here and linking to that but I couldn't get the actual picture to display in the thread. Thanks for the help though, your pictures were much better than my measly effort anyway.

Edited by Dave_P

That's my worry. At least least if they're on the boats, they can control things as the water levels drop and avoid grounding on the railings or something similar. Having said that, I bet they're just glad they're safe for now.

I tried uploading to the gallery here and linking to that but I couldn't get the actual picture to display in the thread. Thanks for the help though, your pictures were much better than my measly effort anyway.

As a newbie who regards himself as being reasonably computer literate I found uploading an image into a post mind-bendingly difficult and like you attempted to stick into the gallery and access it from there. I had just as much success as you did! The strategy I've adopted (and its worked every time so far) is:

1) Open a Flickr account (if you've a Google or Yahoo account you've effectively got a Flickr account).

2) Upload your image into Flickr as per their instructions - i.e. hit the upload button at the very top of the page (once you're signed in) and go from there.

3) Open the image in Flickr and above it you will see an 'Account' and a 'Share' box

4) Click the 'Share box"

5) At the bottom of the wee drop down click the BBCode button and you will be presented with a great long string of HTML code. DON'T PANIC!

6) Because I struggle to read the code in this fairly compressed form I copy and paste it, in its entirety, into a blank Word document so I can blow it up as large as I want!

7) Look carefully at the code and at the end of the first line (or somewhere in the second line) you will see a string beginning http:  .............. and ending ............ .jpg

8) Carefully copy and paste JUST this string ensuring that you include the [ ] at both ends

9) Paste this string of code into your reply where you want the image to go - i.e. before or after your text.

10) Hit 'Preview Post' and the piccy should appear. If it doesn't you don't have all the required code so check and try again!

Daunting? ....... you're telling me it is!!

There's problem here in that I can't write anything suggestive of code in a post and hope for it to display! SO to identify the string of code you want look for in 7):

Start of code string Square bracket followed by img followed by square brackethttp:

Finish of code string .jpgsquarebracket followed by /img followed by square bracket

I do hope that's fooled it!

Edited by Up-Side-Down

As a newbie who regards himself as being reasonably computer literate I found uploading an image into a post mind-bendingly difficult and like you attempted to stick into the gallery and access it from there. I had just as much success as you did! The strategy I've adopted (and its worked every time so far) is:

1)Open a Flickr account (if you've a Google or Yahoo account you've effectively got a Flickr account).

2)Upload your image into Flickr as per their instructions - i.e. hit the upload button at the very top of the page (once you're signed in) and go from there.

3)Open the image in Flickr and above it you will see an 'Account' and a 'Share' box

4)Click the 'Share box"

5)At the bottom of the wee drop down click the BBCode button and you will be presented with a great long string of HTML code. DON'T PANIC!

6)Because I struggle to read the code in this fairly compressed form I copy and paste it, in its entirety, into a blank Word document so I can blow it up as large as I want!

7)Look carefully at the code and at the end of the first line (or somewhere in the second line) you will see a string beginning http:  .............. and ending ............ .jpg

8)Carefully copy and paste JUST this string ensuring that you include the [] at both ends

9)Paste this string of code into your reply where you want the image to go - i.e. before or after your text.

10)Hit 'Preview Post' and the piccy should appear. If it doesn't you don't have all the required code so check and try again!

Daunting? ....... you're telling me it is!!

Why do you do this? It's just a code to copy and paste.

Edit to say sorry I didn't read it all. Isn't there a IMG code on flicker?

Edited by leeco

I use Photobucket..

Clcik upload, top center of screen.

Then Browse Files, then select the image I want, stored on my computer, then click upload.

Once it's uploaded, a thumbnail picture apears below, which I then click on.

Then once the picture has loaded up, click on 'IGM code' which is placed to the right of the larger image.

It should then go yellow and say 'copied'.

Then just paste the code into the reply box on here.

Easy.

Sidestepping neatly your faffing, I right click on the image in flickr and choose 'copy image address' and paste that in the 'insert image' box.

Thank you Chris - as I've said before I end up learning so much from this forum for which I'm extremely grateful. (and I do prefer 'easy' every time)

After uploading your image to Photobucket click on it and you should have four boxes labelled:

Email/IM

Direct

HTML

IMG

Click on 'Direct' and the image will be copied to your clipboard, then click on the image icon in CWDF and paste into the top box and then click on the bottom box labelled 'Insert image'

Edited by nb Innisfree

After uploading your image to Photobucket click on it and you should have four boxes labelled:

Email/IM

Direct

HTML

IMG

Click on 'Direct' and the image will be copied to your clipboard, then click on the 'link' icon in CWDF and paste into the top box and then click on the bottom box labelled 'Insert image'

If you click on IMG then the link is copied including the "IMG" tags so you don't need to use the "Insert Image" or "link" icon, just paste the address directly into your post.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue chappie has recorded a video which is now on the local paper website(after the advert) here timed at 13:28:

York Press

It seems the "house boat" person needed supplies! Will we see him going back?

Or this might be a better link My link

Couldn't hear a word the fireman said....

If you click on IMG then the link is copied including the "IMG" tags so you don't need to use the "Insert Image" or "link" icon, just paste the address directly into your post.

The 'Direct' was the only thing that worked with for me in the past and have carried on with that but now I see it does with my Galaxy Note smartphone, when I get to use the computer I will see if it now works on that. Maybe Photobucket's upgraded site fixed it for me?

Mentioning the 'Link icon' in my post was a typo, should have said 'Image icon'

Edited by nb Innisfree

video report in york news, watch manager clifford st station, guy was running out of supplies, risk assessment done and hey ho off he goes!! glad all is ok hope his boat survives cos they expect a lot more of the wet stuff down from the dales :mellow:

edit oops not fast enough!!

Edited by newcruiser