Diesel Engine for sale on e-bay

Kiwipeter

Featured Posts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diesel-marine-inboard-engine-/140861106115?_trksid=p4340.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29%26meid%3D2688258550320517820%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D1013%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D230864304940%26&clk_rvr_id=397631422264&afsrc=1

If you need one (for a small boat)

Edit

Despite a moan from a Mod - this is not mine and I have no interest - thought it might be to others

Edited by Kiwipeter

http://www.ebay.co.u...1422264&afsrc=1

If you need one (for a small boat)

Edit

Despite a moan from a Mod - this is not mine and I have no interest - thought it might be to others

Oh, all right then. I have moved it back. Thought that it was yourn.

N

Why would anybody, list a random ebay auction?

Really, howmany random ebay auctions do we post here?

Mods?

I can be tempted, but to be honest, non of them would be remotely related to the canal..

No, sorry, i really can't be...

Blimey, is it realy a problem ?. you dont have to read all the posts, or if you click on one and you are not interested in it then simply move on. Someone may well be interested in such an item they are very, very good units. :cheers:

Tim

There has never been a problem in the past when people have alerted others to "interesting" old engines, (or even air cooled Listers and BMCs, so we haven't exactly been fussy!....)

Is the problem here that it is more modern, then ?

As we have had several "engine needed urgently" threads, I would have thought pointing out some candidate engines, (particularly those that look cheap) would be of considerable benefit to others.

Carry on Peter, as far as I'm concerned!

Well I think it should be in the For Sale section.

Problem with that is "For Sale" posts need mod approval, and it can often be many days before they get it.

No help if you are alerting to an e-Bay item when the auction may have closed before then!

This one has less than 3 hours to run now before the information isn't helpful to anybody.

Edited by alan_fincher

My take on this is that we often see links to interesting bits and boats for sale either on eBay or the Duck posted in sections other than 'For Sale' - they are invariably not posted by the person selling the item but rather posted as a point of potential interest to other forum members.

If you were to post a link to an item you have for sale yourself then it is right and proper that link should be in the 'For Sale and wanted section'

• 2 weeks later...

Surely it couldn't do any harm to have an 'interesting items seen for sale' thread, if members are not interested, simply do not click, we've had to buy many engine parts in our quest to get from Cheshire to the river Nene with our pair, it's cost us a bomb & useful tips on bargains would be very welcome. We have had long running thread of a similar nature running for years on the cycling forums, with no problems.