What's occurring with Freeview signals?

Karma Dreams

Featured Posts

Hi members... Well thought I would ask if anyone has had bad reception suddenly with Freeview tv signals, breaking up and on some occasions disappearing altogether!! Over the last couple of weeks here in our marina (where before we had no probs)suddenly tv not worth watching... as we miss most of the programme!!! Anyone else having similar probs? I'm not techie enough to understand this 4g super fast broadband that is/has been spoken about to know if this is the problem?? Has it arrived here in Staffordshire yet yes/no?? Help before I kick the box over the side and do the crossword lol :cheers:

Hi members... Well thought I would ask if anyone has had bad reception suddenly with Freeview tv signals, breaking up and on some occasions disappearing altogether!! Over the last couple of weeks here in our marina (where before we had no probs)suddenly tv not worth watching... as we miss most of the programme!!! Anyone else having similar probs? I'm not techie enough to understand this 4g super fast broadband that is/has been spoken about to know if this is the problem?? Has it arrived here in Staffordshire yet yes/no?? Help before I kick the box over the side and do the crossword lol :cheers:

Hi

Tv as with most things is nowhere near as good since the poxy digital age. If your aerial moves out of line more than one billionth of an inch the signal goes off. we have moored in several locations since digital age rubbish came in and some are brill but many, including this poxy marina are very hit and miss and one day the signal is great and another day or even later in the same day it is garbage without the aerial so much as twitching. In the good old days yes we sometimes got a bit of snow or shadowing but now we get frozen pics/still pics or absolutely nowt, digiital in all but the best locations is crap :angry:

Tim

Edited by mrsmelly

Yup agree with you there digital is crap :angry: I suppose that when one minute you have a 'great signal' and you are really into a program and then it says NO SIGNAL grrrrr. Had no probs at all with the box, until now... so they must have done something... and to Bizzard... we have retuned over and over and over... fine for 5 mins then back to bad picture loss of sound.. thats why I thought I would ask on here to see if other memembers in other areas are experiencing the same. :banghead:

Hi members... Well thought I would ask if anyone has had bad reception suddenly with Freeview tv signals, breaking up and on some occasions disappearing altogether!! :cheers:

Don't retune unless absolutely necessary. Check other channels. All the channels we receive are shared across only a few transponders. A problem here will only take down certain channels. I have known very heavy rain to interfere, again, only certain channels. Consider also whether there is possibly any rainwater ingress into your aerial cable/connectors. That can kill TV signals dead!

I have suffered this in the last 2 weeks. Moored in the same place and now I can hardly get freeview signal. I used to get a good signal. I've checked the aerial and connections and all seems fine..

I'm thinking of getting a portable satellite dish instead..

Casp'

Hi Casp.... exactly what I have said.... so if you are in Shropshire... and I am in Staffordshire and we are both getting the same results.... I agree that rain getting into the aerial connections can kill the signal... but dont think that is the problem... BBc 1,2 terrible... Maybe this 4g broadband has already rolled out.... cos they said it would interfere with freeview signals once it began? I feel angry if we have to go out and buy a Sat aerial just cos 'they' have screwed up our normal signals :angry:

I feel angry if we have to go out and buy a Sat aerial just cos 'they' have screwed up our normal signals :angry:

While the weather is nice and it's light late it's been ok, just watched some dvd's instead, but now it's getting dark earlier i'd like to watch some tv. I'm going to try a little satellite in a couple of weeks and see how that goes, though i've heard they can be just as hard to tune in...

Bring back Analogue, it was so easy...

Casp'

Solar Storms ( Solar flares, Coronal mass ejections, Geomagnetic storm) all will effect Freeview signals)

Solar activity fluctuates over an approximate 11-year cycle. Activity is likely to peak (Solar maximum) over the

next year or so and could bring strong solar storms.

I have suffered this in the last 2 weeks. Moored in the same place and now I can hardly get freeview signal. I used to get a good signal. I've checked the aerial and connections and all seems fine..

Casp'

Funnily enough after I posted our telly signal went absolutely crap so I turned it round to another area as I have done before and retuned and now all stations are fab. I know it will not last though and guarantee it will wander off before long.

Tim

Funnily enough after I posted our telly signal went absolutely crap so I turned it round to another area as I have done before and retuned and now all stations are fab. I know it will not last though and guarantee it will wander off before long.

Tim

The aerial we have is a Gazelle UHF and VHF and picks (or did) a brill signal it has a booster as well, but am beginning to think with this digital picture signal etc waste of space.... just tried to watch a programme and missed most of it as breaking up and couldnt see or hear what was going on :angry: Not much point is there chaps... oh well.... spose better stock up on vids :(

Casp'

I can see the tv mast at Much Markle from where I am & BBC1 & 2 have been rubbish (not just program content) for two to three weeks now. The signal drops out & the box reboots to chanel 3. I haven't tryed a re tune yet.

taslim.

I can see the tv mast at Much Markle from where I am & BBC1 & 2 have been rubbish (not just program content) for two to three weeks now. The signal drops out & the box reboots to chanel 3. I haven't tryed a re tune yet.

taslim.

Well TASLIM that just about sums it up... if you can see the mast and still get a crap signal on the BBC channels there must be something going on eh? Found out tonight its not only the BBC channels but ITV as well!!! We all used to blame the weather for bad reception in past years didnt we, rain,sun spots, you name it.... but now ?

Tim

Get FreeSat

Excellent!

We've got the cheapest dish (Screwfix) & & picks up signals for our HD tv with no problems

I lost all the BBC channels on freeview for the last 10 days or so. All the other channels seem to be working fine.

Frustrating or what? Wonder if the power transmission has dropped off? In the past the BBC was always a much better signal than say ITV or any of the others... As one of the earlier members said... what do we do now the nights are again drawing in and we settle down to watch a bit of telly to find out NO CHANCE :banghead:

Try plugging your location in the Site Settings box on this page:

http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php

Click/hover on each symbol on the map returned to see what coverage looks best, then click on it's name at the top right to get a page which shows its channel numbers (after the text 'as a digital multiplex transmitted on frequency...')

Then point the aerial, try a retune and check it's picked up the right channels. The site will also show which transmitters have faults or engineering works. If the coverage is still pants try another nearby transmitter.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

Some of us do! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: albeit delightfully slowly

Torksey today.........

Hi Dave

Goodo now ya talking. Proper stuff, soon be in at Keadby and up to York. Fandabidozi, have a good un and what a great day. Im off to work in a minute so I will probably be dodging loonatics alday with this weather :cheers:

Tim

Having travelled from Tamworth, the full length of the Shroppie, Bridegwater, and over half the L & L there is only one place I didn't get good Freeview reception including HD channels (in Brewood cutting).

TV is Samsung UE32D5520, aerial is log periodic purchased on eBay just lying on the roof without a pole but pointing in same direction as local houses.

I did intend to get distribution amplifier and use a pole but just haven't needed either so far.