movie or serie with Narrowboat

Hornblower

Featured Posts

There was a Minder episode where Arthur Daley had to get a load of bent video recorders to Limehouse. He reckoned there were enemies ready to ambush-hijack him if he used Daves van so they took them stacked up high on a narrow boat, the first bridge they came to swiped the lot off into the canal.

There was a Minder episode where Arthur Daley had to get a load of bent video recorders to Limehouse. He reckoned there were enemies ready to ambush-hijack him if he used Daves van so they took them stacked up high on a narrow boat, the first bridge they came to swiped the lot off into the canal.

That was Badsey, owned by forum member Canal Chef.

It apparently still bears the scars from where it was run up the piling at great speed.

I particularly liked the bit where Arthur failed to get the range to light, but his "minder" then succeeds...... No small achievement, as he puts the fuel in the (chimney-less) oven part, not in the stove!!

It apparently still bears the scars from where it was run up the piling at great speed.

I particularly liked the bit where Arthur failed to get the range to light, but his "minder" then succeeds...... No small achievement, as he puts the fuel in the (chimney-less) oven part, not in the stove!!

Interesting. I only vaguely remember it. ITV4 are running the Minder series at the mo, i try to watch the early morning transmissions hoping to see that one again.

Further to the other responses, if you want Film DVDs, check out Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=canal+boat&x=17&y=18

If you want Cruising DVDs, check out Video Active here:

http://www.canal-dvds.info/canal-dvds/cruising-range

You should be able to get the Video Active range through Amazon as well.

Edited by Spuds

What ! - 2 pages into this topic and no-one has mentioned Chigley ! Mr Rumpling the bargee would sing on his way to Treddle's Wharf where his load would be hoisted up on to Bessie the steam train driven by Lord Belbrough abd his butler Brackett...

"..just round the corner lies Trumptonshire Lock and off in the distance chimes Trumpton town clock,

nothing is finer than being at large, in charge of a gay inland waterways barge..."

:clapping:

What ! - 2 pages into this topic and no-one has mentioned Chigley ! Mr Rumpling the bargee would sing on his way to Treddle's Wharf where his load would be hoisted up on to Bessie the steam train driven by Lord Belbrough abd his butler Brackett...

"..just round the corner lies Trumptonshire Lock and off in the distance chimes Trumpton town clock,

nothing is finer than being at large, in charge of a gay inland waterways barge..."

:clapping:

Does this redress the balance?

dscf5326q.jpg

The Flower of Gloster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418392/

The Flower of Gloster TV series along with the usual books got me into canals and boats. I remember it featured 'Chocolate' Charlie Atkins, who when passing the Braunston Resevoirs witjh discarded Willow Wren boats, said something like "them boats are all redunded...."

Does anyone know where I could get a copy?

The Flower of Gloster TV series along with the usual books got me into canals and boats. I remember it featured 'Chocolate' Charlie Atkins, who when passing the Braunston Resevoirs witjh discarded Willow Wren boats, said something like "them boats are all redunded...."

A little bit of Googling found this

Missing Episodes forum link

so I guess the answer is you can't :(

I have some episodes of it.

Hello,

I am just back from another great Narrowboat holiday. This time we explored the Avon.

On board I always like to read Narrowboat related books, for example those from Geoffrey Lewis.

Recently I wondered, if there are any movies or series for kids or adults where a Narrowboat or the canals play a part in.

Can anybody name some?

Cheers

Jan

I always take a few books on holiday with me, but never had time to read one yet! i know what you mean though i enjoy books related to the holiday/area!

Interesting. I only vaguely remember it. ITV4 are running the Minder series at the mo, I try to watch the early morning transmissions hoping to see that one again.

ITV4-Minder Current showing was on Sat 28th July 10:00am, expires 27th August 2012.

Arthur and Ray take their cargo of dodgy videos onto the glorious waterways of England - otherwise known as the canal between Willesden and Limehouse.

HTH.

• 4 years later...

I just want to "lift" this thread up, maybe there are new movies or series.

At least I could see some docus on YouTube: Barging Round Britain Series 1, Great Canal Journeys Series 1&2, some with Fred Dibnah, Scenic Journeys on British and Irish Waterways and finally a documentary serie whith a female journalist enlighting different aspects of the canal network. That´s such a nice way to keep in touch from here.

Unfortunately here in Germany I do not allways notice if there is a new movie, serie or documentary about the British canals, so maybe you can name some.

Cheers