I Bought a Bolinder & used it twice

zenataomm

Featured Posts

Probably around 4 years ago I coughed up good cash for this beauty.

I eventually got it installed in my boat. Although I wanted it for my own fascination I was surprised how little interest other boaters showed in it.

Admittedly I've never been one to join in rallies and club events and although my boat is elderly (1969) it's not a working boat so all in all it was a strange combination.

I operated it twice, then removed it and kept it at home.

Apart from Bolinder's Stockholm on the castings it also says No.0 IDEAL.

The business end is a single cylinder.

Unusually it's not kicked into action it does have a large cast handle to swing it over.

Never having had any paint on it the castings are heavy bare metal and polish up well.

I think it adds to any canal boat but guess I'm biased.

What are others opinions?

side casting

front view with outlet

hand crank directly connected to main drive shaft

I eventually got it installed in my boat. Although I wanted it for my own fascination I was surprised how little interest other boaters showed in it.

Admittedly I've never been one to join in rallies and club events and although my boat is elderly (1969) it's not a working boat so all in all it was a strange combination.

Unusually it's not kicked into action it does have a large cast handle to swing it over.

Never having had any paint on it the castings are heavy bare metal and polish up well.

side casting

front view with outlet

I think you've overdone it a bit with the photo size reductions Zen. A size of (640 x 480) to (700 x 525) usually works nicely.

Roger

Edited by Albion

side casting

front view with outlet

Every butcher should have one

:)

If the seller agrees to ship it, i may have one soon.

Excellent !

I have only seen one, and that was on a friends boat in Amsterdam,

He was proud that the barge had a Bolinder (stove), Lister(generator) & Kromhaut (engine)

Jimi recons its nearly a full set !!

Chris -B

Excellent !

I have only seen one, and that was on a friends boat in Amsterdam,

He was proud that the barge had a Bolinder (stove), Lister(generator) & Kromhaut (engine)

Jimi recons its nearly a full set !!

Chris -B

What would complete the set? Gardner oil can?

At least with one of these if you need to run it in reverse it is probably going to do so every time, not just when it feels like it!

Talking to Glen Knight in the 80's [he owned Baltic (?) or was it Arctic (?)]

He told me of tying it up on its centre rope whilst he went to close the bottom gates before filling a lock.

After opening the top gate he returned to take it in when a fisherman 30 yards up the bank shouted at him.....

"Oi mate! .... your boat don't like me. Soon as your back was turned it came up here ate my keep net, farted in my face then went back where you put it!"

Edited once time because Jeremy Kyle show just started and I had to go find something heavy to heave at the screen ....... feel better now.

Edited by zenataomm

Talking to Glen Knight in the 80's [he owned Baltic (?) or was it Arctic (?)]

He told me of tying it up on its centre rope whilst he went to close the bottom gates before filling a lock.

After opening the top gate he returned to take it in when a fisherman 30 yards up the bank shouted at him.....

"Oi mate! .... your boat don't like me. Soon as your back was turned it came up here ate my keep net, farted in my face then went back where you put it!"

Edited once time because Jeremy Kyle show just started and I had to go find something heavy to heave at the screen ....... feel better now.

Glenn and Kates boat was Antartic

Chris-B

so im guessing not a hotbulb single then you got any more pics or vids and you want to sell?

No more piccies I think I've teased and tantalised everybody suitably now.

Sell? ..... Do I want to sell it? Good lord man there are some things in life that come along so rarely that once acquired become part of the fabric of one's own being. Parting with them would be akin to turning your back forever on Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers! What's more if it was for sale I'd have put it in the For Sale & Wanted section of the forum .......

£45 and it's yours, PM me. :rolleyes:

• Greenie 1