Brave Derbyshire Policemen

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

Annybody see Police Interceptors on Channel 5 tonight where two policemen investigating fuel thefts at a Derbyshire marina were trapped inside by ferocious spiders on the gate, and they say Southerners are soft!

Tim

which marina was it?

Annybody see Police Interceptors on Channel 5 tonight where two policemen investigating fuel thefts at a Derbyshire marina were trapped inside by ferocious spiders on the gate, and they say Southerners are soft!

Tim

I did not see this one but last week (or maybe the week before we were watching police chase an uninsured motorcyclist through Chesterfield street only to see the rider turn into our own street! It was surreal seeing them speed up the hill while I recognised all the houses and parked cars. I was just waiting for them to pass our house when the camera switched to a view of the cop car driver through the rear view mirror - don't you just hate it when that happens? dodgy place Derbyshire!

Tim

just the thing on a boating WEBsite :rolleyes:

Has he been ceremoniously booted from the marina, to terrorise fuel tanks everywhere??

Wonder if the police H&S accessment they do round here before coming includes spiders. On one local one they came then found it was a crocodile on the ladies lawn. Being resouceful they used here bowl of satsumas to bombard it before deciding it was asleep - at which point hubby arrived - he having bought the stone croc as a nice surprise for the wife.

Has he been ceremoniously booted from the marina, to terrorise fuel tanks everywhere??

Hi Matty - the boats still here - I think I'm right in saying that the fuel was been stolen from the west mids but the suspect lived here - it also said that he claimed to have purchased the fuel from the marina for his boat well no problem there because mercia keep a record of all transactions cans and all. It also said that enqs were still ongoing Cheers Bill

The programme can be downloaded here. The boat/spider/allegedly stolen diesel story starts at about minute 39 in the last quarter of the programme.

When the cops were stuck behind the gate, they could just have opened the gate from the inside. When there is a power cut these type of gates can be opened from the inside by just releasing a catch on the actuator and swinging the gate. Dur.

Chris

Edited by gbmud
  • Greenie 1