14 day rule with a home mooring

Masquerade

Featured Posts

When we were share boaters we found the blasted shiny brigade were the biggest pain in the arras.

Boaters? Lets be honest then -----

They're all rubbish 'cept theee and me - and I aint too sure about thee!

Brian :P

I don't find the hireboaters so bad, a lot are quite good and respectful. It's the bloody shareboaters who think they own the place :blink:

Calling number one, your time is up, return to the jetty please :lol:

"Come in number 9, your time is up"

"But boss, we've only got 8 boats"

"Number 6, are you in trouble?!"

When we were share boaters we found the blasted shiny brigade were the biggest pain in the arras.

I refer all members to the Fuzzyduck Canalworld Pecking Order

As revised for Hippies

1. Owners of Shiny new narrowboats. (based in marinas)

2. Owners of Shiny new narrowboats. (moored on linear moorings)

3. Owners of Shiny new narrowboats. (Continuous cruisers)

4. Owners of older narrowboats. (based in marinas)

5. Owners of older narrowboats. (moored on linear moorings)

6. Owners of older narrowboats. (Continuous cruisers)

7. Floating gypsies.

8. Owners of GRP (based in marinas)

9. Owners of GRP (moored on linear moorings)

10. Owners of GRP (Continuous cruisers)

11. Hirers

12. Eugene Baston

13. Owners of Imitation working boats. (based in marinas)

14. Owners of Imitation working boats. (moored on linear moorings)

15. Owners of Imitation working boats. (Continuous cruisers)

16. Ownerships and similar

17. Canaltime

18. Challenger

19. Challenger Stealth Hire

20. Day boats

21. Canoes

22. BW Launches

23. Birmingham Mattresses

24. Blow up dinghy from Argos, during a heatwave in the school holidays.

25. River Lee sofabeds/mattresses etc.......

26. Hippies

Hi I'm new and wish to live a life afloat in the future and after reading this post which has been enlightening thw opions for doing this are

Securing a residatial mooring or be a cc, or getting a long term mooring and popping out for 14 days and then returning are there any other opions as cc would not be practical for me

Thanks for your info susan

Hi I'm new and wish to live a life afloat in the future and after reading this post which has been enlightening thw opions for doing this are

Securing a residatial mooring or be a cc, or getting a long term mooring and popping out for 14 days and then returning are there any other opions as cc would not be practical for me

The options appear to be :

1) Become a CC'er & move continuously (obviously you can stop occasionally) around a 'reasonable part of the system***. It seems to be that if you have a 'fixed place of work', need to see family or your Doctor, or 'sign on' every week this is not a practical solution. Unless you want to break the rules.

2) Take a mooring 'on-line' either with or without facilities. You then have a 'home mooring' and can cruise whenever you want for however long you want (not limited to 14 days)as long as you adhere to local mooring rules (ie 7 days, 24 hours etc) It appears from various interpretations that you can move out/ off of your mooring and cruise short distances without having to comply with the 'moving around a reasonable part of the system***' and return to the same spot every week if you want to.

This can be a residential mooring (not a lot of them about) or a leisure mooring.

3) Get a mooring in a Marina - either residential or leisure then as in No2 above

*** Whatever BW's version is now following the Davies case.

If you say that CCing is not practical for you, and that you want to live-aboard then your only option is a residential mooring in either a Marina or 'on-line'.

Is it any wonder some boaters with home moorings stray from conformity occasionally, when as you can see, when out on the cut they can wake up to such inviting views.

qss2rm.jpg

How big is that back garden?

t9wj2o.jpg

And then there's always the alternative...........

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

Home moorings and all that they offer.......

35382ko.jpg

Edited by Doorman

Totally agree.

Their shiny boats glare us in the eyes when they approach, they make us soooooo jealous with all of the bling that's on display. Some of them even spend hours with polish and brasso just to make us Rodney's even more annoyed!!!! :angry:

They should be shackled to their marina jetties and forced to remain there until dusk, when

only the moonlight can show off their reflections. They make me so angry! :rolleyes:

Because some of us have nice houses here to live in or rent out when we are not c c or go home while we moor for two weeks. and London's not a slum.

No it's not. Whilst there recently, I engaged in a really enlightening conversation with a typical cockney inhabitant. Leroy explained to me that he was a decent church going character who'd just left his local Christian gathering, where he'd asked the preacher if he could do anything about his hearing. The preacher enthusiastically brought him to the front of the congregation, lay his healing hands on Leroy's ears, then assured him that all would be well.

Intrigued by this Londoner's story, I asked whether the preacher's kindness had helped?

"Dunno" he replied, "Da hearing's aint till dis Thursday, innit!".

London is a fascinating place, great to visit, but even better to come home from!

Edited by Doorman

The options appear to be :

1) Become a CC'er & move continuously (obviously you can stop occasionally) around a 'reasonable part of the system***. It seems to be that if you have a 'fixed place of work', need to see family or your Doctor, or 'sign on' every week this is not a practical solution. Unless you want to break the rules.

2) Take a mooring 'on-line' either with or without facilities. You then have a 'home mooring' and can cruise whenever you want for however long you want (not limited to 14 days)as long as you adhere to local mooring rules (ie 7 days, 24 hours etc) It appears from various interpretations that you can move out/ off of your mooring and cruise short distances without having to comply with the 'moving around a reasonable part of the system***' and return to the same spot every week if you want to.

This can be a residential mooring (not a lot of them about) or a leisure mooring.

3) Get a mooring in a Marina - either residential or leisure then as in No2 above

*** Whatever BW's version is now following the Davies case.

If you say that CCing is not practical for you, and that you want to live-aboard then your only option is a residential mooring in either a Marina or 'on-line'.

Thanks for confirming that it has been a informative read

No it's dead easy. Donb't buy a boat, find someone who already has one, with enough money for you to give up work. Job solved. :rolleyes:

PS That includwes me.

I don't understand......!!!

surely once a boat is away from its paid for mooring the same rule applies to that boat as to CCers. A CC boat is just a boat with no home mooring.

So if a boat with a mooring repeatedly returns to the same spot which is not their mooring, stays there for a week or more and does this regularly for months or years, isn't it breaking the BW rules?

surely once a boat is away from its paid for mooring the same rule applies to that boat as to CCers. A CC boat is just a boat with no home mooring.

So if a boat with a mooring repeatedly returns to the same spot which is not their mooring, stays there for a week or more and does this regularly for months or years, isn't it breaking the BW rules?

There has to be some flexibility in allowing marinarists to moor near their marinas frequently otherwise they would need to cruise for an unbroken 24 hours every time they left port?

There has to be some flexibility in allowing marinarists to moor near their marinas frequently otherwise they would need to cruise for an unbroken 24 hours every time they left port?

Sorry, I thought I was being clear that a boat that leaves their moorings and stays one night at a convenient spot is OK. People here are complaining about boats with a mooring that spend a long time at a more or less the same spot and repeatedly. That's exactly what "continuous moorers" are accused of.

The rules are different. The BW guidance below shows the additional requirement for CCers.

Clicky

However, the guidance implies that even marina dwellers should only use the visitors mooring while on a cruise and not stay in the same place for extended periods.

Edited by Meggers

I refer all members to the Fuzzyduck Canalworld Pecking Order

As revised for Hippies

1. Owners of Shiny new narrowboats. (based in marinas)

2. Owners of Shiny new narrowboats. (moored on linear moorings)

3. Owners of Shiny new narrowboats. (Continuous cruisers)

4. Owners of older narrowboats. (based in marinas)

5. Owners of older narrowboats. (moored on linear moorings)

6. Owners of older narrowboats. (Continuous cruisers)

7. Floating gypsies.

8. Owners of GRP (based in marinas)

9. Owners of GRP (moored on linear moorings)

10. Owners of GRP (Continuous cruisers)

11. Hirers

12. Eugene Baston

13. Owners of Imitation working boats. (based in marinas)

14. Owners of Imitation working boats. (moored on linear moorings)

15. Owners of Imitation working boats. (Continuous cruisers)

16. Ownerships and similar

17. Canaltime

18. Challenger

19. Challenger Stealth Hire

20. Day boats

21. Canoes

22. BW Launches

23. Birmingham Mattresses

24. Blow up dinghy from Argos, during a heatwave in the school holidays.

25. River Lee sofabeds/mattresses etc.......

26. Hippies

Leaving Historic Working Boats in a class of their own of course - A1 perhaps

Yes, a boater with a home mooring can visit a spot as much as he likes, which had to be pointed out by BW to the Dudley Canal Trust.