He came, he saw, he surrenered.

Caprifool

Featured Posts

Haha, all I brought back with me was a small tub of Sudocrem. I travel night.

I'll definatly be back. One way or another.

Little booty to be found in Blentford then.

Firesprite

In the bright and clear Fens, Winter sure to take another bite.

• 1 month later...

*sigh* I'm pining for the fjords..... Erhm, no the canals. Anyone ells going on holiday? ;-)

No but seriously, I have found myself thinking of what I can sell to afford a boat of my own. My telle, my used undies to perves in the US (I've had offers), my mum (Look, 68 and still has all her own teeth!), my depraved soul to the devil? (Would he even have me?)

Planning a short bolt as we speak. As soon as I have the money and anyone within reasonable distance from a Ryanair airport will put me up for a few days. At the moment, it's not looking good for the area around Chelmsford.

Guest wanted

Bloody ell, I compleatly missed this thread! Indeed the good ship Xingjiang enjoyed your visit, as did sindbad! He is still throwing around the katnip mouse!

If anyone is off on hols or needs a boat looking after I can thoroughly recomend the Vikings!

Lovely Rioja too! :cheers:

• 8 months later...

Open your senses wide enough blackrose, yes even surrounded by concrete in Brentford. The nippy cold on your nose, the water rushing over the overflow where the fox wades closer to the ducks. Staring into fire for hours. Frost at night and plus twelve the next day. Fish farts, duck nibbles, black birds singing, screeching of moorhens. Even the smell of the trash in the unused dock on the other side. It's all part of my experience. Sorry you don't see it.

Thank you cheshire~rose, there's new plans in the making as we speak.

Edited by Caprifool

I lived in Brentford, many, many moons ago. There was a lovely little pub called 'The Brewery Tap' round the back of Brentford Dock.

Was run by George and Lou who are long gone but it was great place for a pint and good basic food.

Are you planning on bring over cans of 'surstromming'. If so let me know so that I and everyone else can insure we not in the area when you open the can.

Should you fancy any food stuff from home, The shop below is good, It's where I get my 'medisterpolse' and

'medisterkaker' from.

Scandinavian Kitchen

61 Great Titchfield Street

London W1W 7PP

opening_hours_white.png

Monday - Friday: 8 - 7

Saturday: 10 - 6

Sunday: 10-4 (food 3)

Edited by nbfiresprite

Surströmming is an acquired taste that I wouldn't want to force on anyone. I eat it, if served as a guest. But it's nothing that I long for :)

And actually, I'll be more looking for good English sausages, proper cheddar, Marmite, curry, and fish and chips. Things I can't get at home.

Surströmming is an acquired taste that I wouldn't want to force on anyone. I eat it, if served as a guest. But it's nothing that I long for :)

I'm quite adventurous in my eating habits, but I'd be very wary of fish fermenting in cans expanding them to a globular shape, and banned by airlines as dangerously explosive.

And actually, I'll be more looking for good English sausages, proper cheddar, Marmite, curry, and fish and chips. Things I can't get at home.

And maybe English Mustsrd? My Danish friends love that