apologies

sorry

Featured Posts

My apologies to everyone. I did not realise I was causing such an inconvenience...ignorance maybe. Yes I am still learning the ropes and sometimes get it wrong, just a tap on the shoulder and being told that I am being a pain would have been enough of a lesson. I have chatted to many boaters going through the lock and not once was I informed that my presence was causing difficulty, but of course I am now aware that I have been a total twat and will of course move within the next few days. I have had personal reason for remaining in the area and BWA are aware of these. I am now in the position to be able to move and am hoping to start cruising on a more regular basis, which, believe it or not is what I am looking forward to doing. My apologies again to you all, and I sincerely mean that, but please remember, new people to the canal can learn a lot more from the old, please let us know if we are doing wrong.

Oh and I have been looking for a mooring for a year now so if anyone knows of one between Hemel and Uxbridge I would love to hear from you.

My apologies

Which makes the very interesting point that if someone is finding someone else's behaviour difficult then the best course of action is to Talk to Them.

Rather than lambasting them on a public and national forum where all that happens is it feeds aggressive morons.

I suggest everyone who 'contributed' to the other thread, suggesting damage and violence might like to read their words again in the light of this statement from Zoe.

It is not, as mr Cotswold says, that her presence here should cause such a reappraisal.

Think you are right and fair enough that she has now joined the forum.

Are you saying her behaviour is ok solely because she has joined this forum?

• Greenie 3

I can think of a number of reasons why someone might find themsleves on their own in boat in an environment they know little about.

Here's a radical idea: why don't we accept the unqualified apology (rare as rocking horse shit on this site) and assurance that the problem will be rectified, and see what happens.

If, and I'm guessing obviously, Sorry has no interest or background in boating but has been left with no option but to take responsibility for the boat then she's in need of the excellent advice and support members can give.

Edited by twbm
  • Greenie 4

Perhaps I am fick, but if Sorry/ Zoe is living on a boat, surely this suggests an interest in boating?

It is, I think, a pity that once again a new member making their first post has received a brusque and dismissive first reply. Perhaps out canine friend, when he arises from his basket, might consider proffering an apology too.

Sorry/ Zoe, now that you have so graciously apologised, that's in the past now, I hope that you'll consider changing your forum name and joining in some of the other topics which are discussed on here. A few of us bark, none of us bites, and most of us wag our tails at least sometimes.

Mike

Edited by Athy

So, does this mean the patrol officer for that area is not doing his job correctly? Should he not have explained the rules and regs to the boater?

Not necessarily. My experience of patrol officers is that if you just blatantly break rules, they enforce them. However, if you are open and discuss your situation with them, they can be very flexible and discreet.

Richard

Not necessarily. My experience of patrol officers is that if you just blatantly break rules, they enforce them. However, if you are open and discuss your situation with them, they can be very flexible and discreet.

Richard

Which is what is implied in the OP, however staying in one area with BW's 'blessing' is one thing, obstructing the lock landing is another, which is what the OP in the other thread was about.

Good that they have had the good grace to come on here and apologise though for the inconvenience they have been causing.

Edited by MJG

So, does this mean the patrol officer for that area is not doing his job correctly? Should he not have explained the rules and regs to the boater?

From what the OP said...

I have had personal reason for remaining in the area and BWA are aware of these

the patrol officer would have been aware...

Richard

So you don't think it's the patrol officers job to inform of rules and regs? I understood that their job was exactly that. Bearing in mind that Zoe at one point was moored on the lock landing, which is why the other thread kicked off. Fair dues, they have come here and apologised, but it was going on for 12 months and a bit more. I just find it strange that the patrol officer did not see fit to give some guidance.

It is not, as mr Cotswold says, that her presence here should cause such a reappraisal.

Are you saying her behaviour is ok solely because she has joined this forum?

I am not sure what your point is Chris as I never had a problem with her mooring there in the first place. The only contributions I made to that thread were to ask if they were the same moorings that would cost £150 w during the Olympics. The other contributions I made were in a discussion with Guitar Doctor (remember him) on the difference between a CCer and a Genuine CCer.

So I guess what I am saying is that her behaviour did not bother me on the original thread and still does not bother me.

It is, I think, a pity that once again a new member making their first post has received a brusque and dismissive first reply.

Mike

This is a very good point and the reason I didn't post for a long while and am still hesitant to post for fear of getting ripped to bits.

Posting photy's as my first post made it an easy way in and knowing one member a long time helped as well.

• Greenie 1

So you don't think it's the patrol officers job to inform of rules and regs?

<snip>

I just find it strange that the patrol officer did not see fit to give some guidance.

Ahh, I see what you mean.

Richard

<snip>

It is, I think, a pity that once again a new member making their first post has received a brusque and dismissive first reply.

<snip>

Mike

At least with Dog, with his new status and 37 posts, this can hardly be hoisted up as another incident by 'The Clique'

Richard

I didn't read Dog's post as 'dismissive' as Mike put it -

More like 'go back to sleep and stop worrying about it'

Your point is well made Martin and I hope you're right. But, had I beeen that first-poster, I might well have taken it in a less magnanimous sense!

How sad to see a 'first poster' has received such an uninviting reception, irrespective of the nature of the post. Hopefully 'Sorry/Zoe' will return and enrich themselves with the positive wealth of knowledge that exists here. As we are not aware of the posters situation, lets not be so hasty to judge. Welcome to the forum 'Zoe'.

Albert.