SAD .... Innit

Guest Quo Vadis

Featured Posts

Guest Quo Vadis

I'm not exactly an old hand at this Forum thing, but the last month or so I've noticed a vast increase in the amount of bad feeling expressed in the posts.

It's just so SAD

As an unbiased observer, the rights and wrongs of most of the arguments are far from black and white, and I have to say that my respect for some of the posters is dwindling.

Just think twice before you press "Enter" and we'll all be better off.

Edited by Quo Vadis

I'm not exactly an old hand at this Forum thing, but the last month or so I've noticed a vast increase in the amount of bad feeling expressed in the posts.

It's just so SAD

As an unbiased observer, the rights and wrongs of most of the arguments are far from black and white, and I have to say that my respect for some of the posters is dwindling.

Just think twice before you press "Enter" and we'll all be better off.

Comes and goes to be honest - you get quiet spells and then you get a run of spats, been on here since 2006 and I honestly don't think recent weeks have been worse than anything in the past...

Comes and goes to be honest - you get quiet spells and then you get a run of spats, been on here since 2006 and I honestly don't think recent weeks have been worse than anything in the past...

It looks like some folk bottle their feelings up too much and then suddenly let fly.

As Roxey said a lot of folk on here need more to do in life as some folk seem to be on here almost 24/7.i Know that a good proportion of members are retired but even so i find it quite extraordinary.

• Greenie 1

It looks like some folk bottle their feelings up too much and then suddenly let fly.

As Roxey said a lot of folk on here need more to do in life as some folk seem to be on here almost 24/7.i Know that a good proportion of members are retired but even so i find it quite extraordinary.

Very true

an often purported but common misconception Bizz.

It is easy to set the forum up so that you get e-mail alerts to threads you subscribe to or ones that interest you can therefore get on with other bits of your life - including doing other stuff like doing some on line xmas shopping like I was doing till about 5 mins. ago.

That way you can flip back to the forum and choose whether to reply or not.

Unfortunately it gives the impression that some are sat 24/7 furiously refreshing their screens waiting for a response to something they have posted.

an often purported but common misconception Bizz.

It is easy to set the forum up so that you get e-mail alerts to threads you subscribe to or ones that interest you can therefore get on with other bits of your life - including doing other stuff like doing some on line xmas shopping like I was doing till about 5 mins. ago.

That way you can flip back to the forum and choose whether to reply or not.

Unfortunately it gives the impression that some are sat 24/7 furiously refreshing their screens waiting for a response to something they have posted.

Yes of course i do this myself sometimes but it still means that that persons online and not doing other things in life.

Sign out, and turn off, go for a nice walk in the fresh air, when you get back turn oven on and bake some cakes, or make your own bread. Have a drink while doing so. Just chill...

Im still upset regarding windfola, seems her last moments in life were on here which....

Think yourselfs lucky, think of your familys I admit there is moments in my life I want to scream at everyone cos there wrong...or at least I think they are. Yes this is a discussion forum and I agree that not all will agree. But when it comes to name calling, bitching ffs, then you seriously need to get out more.

Yes of course i do this myself sometimes but it still means that that persons online and not doing other things in life.

At the moment I have 10 tabs open, on two screens, one of them being CWDF.

I have to be in front of the screen but am fortunate enough to be able to do many different things, whilst being here (I'm also sat at a sewing machine, which I have spent far too much time at, these last few days).

Sign out, and turn off, go for a nice walk in the fresh air, when you get back turn oven on and bake some cakes, or make your own bread. Have a drink while doing so. Just chill...

Im still upset regarding windfola, seems her last moments in life were on here which....

Think yourselfs lucky, think of your familys I admit there is moments in my life I want to scream at everyone cos there wrong...or at least I think they are. Yes this is a discussion forum and I agree that not all will agree. But when it comes to name calling, bitching ffs, then you seriously need to get out more.

Go on then.

You are fortunate in that other people are not your responsibility.

Isn't life nice! :)

No it doesn't Bizz - if your emails go to your phone you can as I say choose to break off what you are doing or not.

Go on then.

You are fortunate in that other people are not your responsibility.

Isn't life nice! :)

My daughter is my responsibility.......Life is hard for me at least, but I try. What is your point?????

Yes of course and anyone who's ill or disabled and can't get about,their PC can be a lifeline as can their telephone.

But i think there are a lot of fit and healthy people who are on their PC's continually,ok each to their own but in later years will regret it,and realize all the the things they've missed out there.

You can usually tell an computer addict by their eyes,all watery like a full time Arc-welders. ''mind your eyes''.Bizzard.

At the moment I have 10 tabs open, on two screens, one of them being CWDF.

I have to be in front of the screen but am fortunate enough to be able to do many different things, whilst being here (I'm also sat at a sewing machine, which I have spent far too much time at, these last few days).

Yeah those "Strictly..." dresses don't make themselves do they!! :lol: We are all very greatful!

Yes of course and anyone who's ill or disabled and can't get about,their PC can be a lifeline as can their telephone.

But i think there are a lot of fit and healthy people who are on their PC's continually,ok each to their own but in later years will regret it,and realize all the the things they've missed out there.

You can usually tell an computer addict by their eyes,all watery like a full time Arc-welders. ''mind your eyes''.Bizzard.

I agree -

Todays top 20 posters is interesting- ;)

Sir Nibble 04-July 05 4,655 28 4.71%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

bizzard's Photo bizzard 06-July 11 1,605 19 3.20%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Chris Pink's Photo Chris Pink 08-November 07 4,782 19 3.20%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Evo's Photo Evo 29-September 09 996 16 2.69%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

alan_fincher's Photo alan_fincher 10-May 05 16,141 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Gazboatman's Photo Gazboatman 02-November 11 136 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Athy's Photo Athy 15-October 08 2,891 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Roxy's Photo Roxy 01-August 11 225 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

cotswoldsman's Photo cotswoldsman 16-September 07 3,433 14 2.36%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

David Schweizer's Photo David Schweizer 08-October 04 5,540 13 2.19%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

RLWP's Photo RLWP 09-August 07 9,944 13 2.19%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

peter nelson's Photo peter nelson 01-October 11 39 12 2.02%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

jenlyn's Photo jenlyn 06-February 10 990 12 2.02%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

MJG's Photo MJG 19-September 06 8,790 11 1.85%

View blog

View gallery

WotEver's Photo WotEver 04-May 09 6,399 10 1.68%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

Starcoaster's Photo Starcoaster 07-September 11 505 10 1.68%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

carlt's Photo carlt 07-April 06 12,512 10 1.68%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

blackrose's Photo blackrose 20-December 05 10,290 9 1.52%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

Phylis's Photo Phylis 12-November 08 10,583 9 1.52%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

Liam's Photo Liam 07-March 05 5,342 8 1.35%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Sounds like a New Years Resolution to be nicer and not post anything that you wouldn't say to someone personally- and if you would say it- then maybe look at yourself

Seriously, I'm a Newbie and I've had some excellent advice from members with more experience, but then occasionally you get some radical or harsh comment. I think people don't know when to end a thread either- the initial discussion goes off on a tangent and a load of waffle commences, again with the odd snipe and at best irrelevence. Since buying our first boat in August, the boaters we've met have generally been fantastic and helpful- only the odd encounter with someone who knows it all and deliberately wants others to be inferior. I think Boaters are a nice bunch- let's keep it that way

In my case, I'm frequently on line and doing summat else too: I review CDs/ records for various magazines, and am often on line whilst I am listening to and assessing the music. It may not be multi-tasking but it's dual-tasking, I suppose.

No it doesn't Bizz - if your emails go to your phone you can as I say choose to break off what you are doing or not.

I know all this can be done.But personally i couldn't be bothered with it all.When i'm out my phones off unless i'm expecting an important call. And when i do jobs on boats like i am tomorrow in all the dirt oil water and mud i leave my phone behind as i'd only ruin the thing with filthy hands, and need to focus on what i'm doing without a phone keep ringing.

I sort emails and all that out after work.

My daughter is my responsibility.......Life is hard for me at least, but I try. What is your point?????

That it's not your problem nor your business.

I come into work in the morning and open the forum, it's my morning paper. Then i take a break and have another look, then at lunchtime and so on. Sometimes I am stuck in the corner of a classroom whilst my students are about a research project and I'll open it there too. Most af all, the point is that if I were to decide to sit in front of this screen 24/7 suffering from sleep deprivation and malnutrition I would still not have to justify it to you. I've got one mother I don't need another.

That it's not your problem nor your business.

I come into work in the morning and open the forum, it's my morning paper. Then i take a break and have another look, then at lunchtime and so on. Sometimes I am stuck in the corner of a classroom whilst my students are about a research project and I'll open it there too. Most af all, the point is that if I were to decide to sit in front of this screen 24/7 suffering from sleep deprivation and malnutrition I would still not have to justify it to you. I've got one mother I don't need another.

Get out more....bless you poor poor thing...

I agree -

Todays top 20 posters is interesting- ;)

Sir Nibble 04-July 05 4,655 28 4.71%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

bizzard's Photo bizzard 06-July 11 1,605 19 3.20%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Chris Pink's Photo Chris Pink 08-November 07 4,782 19 3.20%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Evo's Photo Evo 29-September 09 996 16 2.69%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

alan_fincher's Photo alan_fincher 10-May 05 16,141 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Gazboatman's Photo Gazboatman 02-November 11 136 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Athy's Photo Athy 15-October 08 2,891 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Roxy's Photo Roxy 01-August 11 225 15 2.53%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

cotswoldsman's Photo cotswoldsman 16-September 07 3,433 14 2.36%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

David Schweizer's Photo David Schweizer 08-October 04 5,540 13 2.19%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

RLWP's Photo RLWP 09-August 07 9,944 13 2.19%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

peter nelson's Photo peter nelson 01-October 11 39 12 2.02%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

jenlyn's Photo jenlyn 06-February 10 990 12 2.02%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

MJG's Photo MJG 19-September 06 8,790 11 1.85%

View blog

View gallery

WotEver's Photo WotEver 04-May 09 6,399 10 1.68%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

Starcoaster's Photo Starcoaster 07-September 11 505 10 1.68%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

carlt's Photo carlt 07-April 06 12,512 10 1.68%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

blackrose's Photo blackrose 20-December 05 10,290 9 1.52%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

Phylis's Photo Phylis 12-November 08 10,583 9 1.52%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

View gallery

Liam's Photo Liam 07-March 05 5,342 8 1.35%

Add as Friend

PM this member

View blog

Bly me what a state we're all in. :blink:

I can't get out more, I'm at work. Can't you read?

If your own life is so nice that you have to take ownership of what you percieve as others problems then I envy you, but don't be patronising. Don't you have anything better to do?

No Im sorry Im off work as it happens due to ill health but I dont have to explain to you either.....

Keep up the good work

Cheers big ears

Rachel