Is There Any Relationship Between Toilet Type And Distance Traveled?

system 4-50

67 members have voted

1. 1. My Main Toilet Option Is

• Pumpout and I always empty it at the same place
    • Pumpout and I empty it at one of two places
    • Pumpout and I empty it at one of three places
    • Pumpout and I empty it at random places
    • Cassette and I always empty it at the same place
    • Cassette and I empty it at one of two places
    • Cassette and I empty it at one of three places
    • Cassette and I empty it at one of four places
    • Cassette and I empty it at random places
    • Neither, I just practice restraint
    • Neither, I don't have a boat

Featured Posts

You forgot composting toilets.

That has just reminded me that one of my near neighbours now has a composting toilet, i keep meaning to ask him how it's working. A bit pointless for them really as they have only taken their boat out once for an afternoon in the 18 months that we have been here, and they are right opposite the Elsan point. Hey ho.

Phil

I wonder how many people actually choose the type of loo they end up with.

No doubt everyone sets out with a preference for one or the other, in the same way one might have a preference for portholes over rectangular windows, but surely the vast majority of people buying their first boat, buy second hand not new build.

I know from my own experience, that buying second hand means making many compromises to your list of ideal preferences and I wouldn't be surprised if the type of toilet isn't one of the most often compromised.

I imagine once you have lived with the type you end up with, you become a convert, whatever it is and however you use your boat.

If that is true, this poll is flawed.

pushed the wrong button again! Bugger.

Good point but don't you guys in France have a more fluid system of disposal?

Joshua

Edited by TASLIM

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh.... ;) Pee in the sink and poo in the pub then! ;)

Alternatively No.1s over the side or down the weed hatch depending on the circumstances. No.2s in the wood mit trowel. (or weedhatch while under way for a turbo wash. Save cassette, porta, pee-po, for emergencies or for compost heap if partially house-ridden or garden-binded. Distance travelled? On the cut? 3mph 5hrs max.pd amended to positions of pubs, restaurants, underwater shopping trollies, woods and/or how loudly nature is calling.

Edited by Pentargon

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps there should be a "I ripped out a perfectly good pump out system and replaced it with a cassette." option.

I ripped out a puimpout system and repaced it with a PortaPotti.

The PO wasn't good though. It was a drop through with a left handed tank mounted on the right had side of the boat. This meant that either you sat down with you legs streching out in from of you or you stood up and had to have high pressure with a vcery good aim. Oy yes, I forgot to say that it leaked.

Removing the tank and using the PP meant that we could install a bath.

Nick

Edited by Theo

• 3 weeks later...

Alternatively No.1s over the side or down the weed hatch depending on the circumstances. No.2s in the wood mit trowel. (or weedhatch while under way for a turbo wash. Save cassette, porta, pee-po, for emergencies or for compost heap if partially house-ridden or garden-binded. Distance travelled? On the cut? 3mph 5hrs max.pd amended to positions of pubs, restaurants, underwater shopping trollies, woods and/or how loudly nature is calling.

That's what I call a macerator :lol:

OK, to sum up, there seems to be no correlation between type of toilet and familiarity with the servicing points used.

The objective was to find out if people used non pump out toilets partly because they knew that the small number of service points they used necessarily frequently were in good order. It appears that that is not the case.

I am left still looking for a reason why sane people should prefer to cart boxes of poo around on a frequent basis.