BCN 24 Hour Challenge 2012

Capt Ahab

Featured Posts

Good luck to all challengers today. Pity the weather's not so good, but I'm sure it won't dampen your spirits or resolve! :rolleyes: (Keep your eyes open for Cheryl- famous matress of Tame- she's making her way down from the unSTABLE bar to say hello, but promised not to get in your way this year! :lol: )

Yep - thanks. We will have a play with this

Weedhatch toll - one blue jumper (holy) at top of Perry Barr flight

Richard

Good luck to all challengers today. Pity the weather's not so good, but I'm sure it won't dampen your spirits or resolve! :rolleyes: (Keep your eyes open for Cheryl- famous matress of Tame- she's making her way down from the unSTABLE bar to say hello, but promised not to get in your way this year! :lol: )

Aiieee!! Fear the matress - fear it!!!

Richard

Now I am intrigued. Up Perry Barr first eh? This is truly is a boatacious route!! I look forward to seeing it on a map.

The Cat was seen ambling out of port well after 8am, steeling themselves for a gentle pootle north. Apparently that upstart Cobbett will NOT be allowed to take last place.

Team Tawny Owl have performed weedhatch trip 2 - a huge, green tarpaulin. Dave manfully struggled while the rest of the team bowhauled, including a tricky turn into the Cannock Extension at Pelsall

Someone fell in - I'm not saying who :unsure::(:blush:

Richard

And the shower ran out of hot water!!!

Someone fell in - I'm not saying who :unsure::(:blush:

Richard

And the shower ran out of hot water!!!

I am, it was him, a very gentle slide down the bank hanging onto the centre rope. Panic anmong the rest of us as the boat came towards him, but quick action from the rest of the crew pushed her back out and dragged Richard out of the cut.

Caused by the fact we caught a large tarpaulin round the prop and it took miles (!) of bow hauling before we could free it.

All ok, and now under engine power again.

Sue.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am, it was him, a very gentle slide down the bank hanging onto the centre rope. Panic anmong the rest of us as the boat came towards him, but quick action from the rest of the crew pushed her back out and dragged Richard out of the cut.

Caused by the fact we caught a large tarpaulin round the prop and it took miles (!) of bow hauling before we could free it.

Sue.

Sue.

Been watching your tracker all day, noticed a pause at one point!

LH

Been watching your tracker all day, noticed a pause at one point!

LH

:blush: However, I did comply with the BCNS rules and kept my head out of the water. And really, in the middle of the BCN Challenge, into the clear waters of the Cannock extension in June - what better way to fall in for the first time :blink:

Richard

:blush: However, I did comply with the BCNS rules and kept my head out of the water. And really, in the middle of the BCN Challenge, into the clear waters of the Cannock extension in June - what better way to fall in for the first time :blink:

Richard

You realize you may have contaminated a :banned: SSI site, I hope you have filed a report and taken samples ..... :banned::boat:

You realize you may have contaminated a :banned: SSI site, I hope you have filed a report and taken samples ..... :banned::boat:

I kept my boots on.

Weedhatch trip three, a rather nice beige carpet. Easily removed from around the prop, unthreading it back from between the prop and the rudder was a bit trickier

We unfortunately had to leave it in the reeds on the towpath side between Stubbs bridge and Stokes bridge on the W&E in Leamore

Richard

This is Team Tawny Owl broadcasting live-ish from sunny rainy New Invention (look it up). Robins sing, blackbirds cry, my head hurts.

Engines started at 03:41, cast off 03:45.

Team Cobbett tucked up in bed at Ocker Hill

What fun!

Richard

Hmmm, no data connection