BCN 24 Hour Challenge 2012

Capt Ahab

Featured Posts

Team Tawny Owl now on New Main line

Last report 8:15am - Team Cobbett still in Bed!

Laurie's last place is having a serious challenge

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Team Tawny Owl now on New Main line

Last report 8:15am - Team Cobbett still in Bed!

Laurie's last place is having a serious challenge

Richard

Cobbett is having a lovely time eating porridge at Ocker Hill. First rule of boating - you can't go anywhere with a crew that's asleep and then hungry. We're not looking forward to being Drummed Out of the CWDF Headbangers Clique but hey ho!

So far we have ground through mud up the Sixteen, whipped up the Nine, got to Blowers Green having lost the only copy of Nicholson earlier, I panicked thinking I was at the Dudley Tunnel portal and had missed the turning for Netherton so we reversed back to Merry Hell. Collected a huge 3mm plastic and thin metal thing which folded round prop and stalled the engine with a massive clatter. It took nearly 2 hours to resolve and calm my frayed nerves. It measured about 4 x10ft when finally pulled out. Engine given some oil and we moved off back to Blowers Green. Through round to Netherton, performed the perfect turn round into the Tame Valley and down Ryders Green. Collected a massive bladeful as we turned into Ocker Hill Moorings which took another hour or so to resolve and stopped for the night.

We'll be last but I don't mind. Not really, I suppose.

Edited by wrigglefingers

Team Cobbett are officially Weak, Feeble, Weedy Wets. They are STILL hiding in Ocker Hill because it is raining!!!!

Team Tawny Owl pushing manfully on come Hell, High Water and submerged saris

Richard

I have got a cold :(

Who's doing all the work while you are 'manfully' inside in the dry posting on the forum?

There is a highly regulated swing-shift system with eight soggy participants I'll have you know!

And I've got a cold :(

Richard

Looks like it's the day for first dunkings, Puppeh had her first slip...slide...splash...today, as did a certain other lady who can fess up herself!! ;) You are not alone Richard!

Keep going.............

Naw. Results take ages to work out apparently. Something to do with the steam powered abacus

Good news! Beer in the pub by the wharf is £1.70 a pint!

Bad news, it's Worthingtons keg badly kept

And.... Team Cobbett have arrived with tales of derring-do in the weedhatches

Richard

Edited by RLWP