Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

Thanks for the offer of joining in your coal order - we're alright at the moment but the offer is much appreciated. We ended up stocking up a few weeks ago when we were at Uxbridge for another reason.

The diesel is a pain though - we could cruise up to Willowtree but I much prefer waiting for a boat to pass. I am not complaining too much though - I'm not in the same position as our CCing friends, and we don't run our heating on diesel so we'll survive.

If anyone gets really stuck we do have a car and can do a run to Uxbridge if it gets urgent.

Edited by Dekazer

Thanks for the offer of joining in your coal order - we're alright at the moment but the offer is much appreciated. We ended up stocking up a few weeks ago when we were at Uxbridge for another reason.

The diesel is a pain though - we could cruise up to Willowtree but I much prefer waiting for a boat to pass. I am not complaining too much though - I'm not in the same position as our CCing friends, and we don't run our heating on diesel so we'll survive.

If anyone gets really stuck we do have a car and can do a run to Uxbridge if it gets urgent.

:cheers:

Cool, I'll do a shout out to the London Massive if we decide to bulk buy, the more the people the cheaper it will be....

Maybe it's time to buy the working boat on Dom's website..... :cheers:

Phil on "Hyperion" was spotted moving North through Berkhamsted a few hours ago.

IMAG0436.jpg

Phil tells me he now plans from the New Year to cover the Grand Union stretch from Packet Boat Marina, (end of the Slough Arm) to Milton Keynes on a regular basis.

He is not sure yet how far into Milton Keynes he will be able to penetrate on each trip.

Contact details:

M and P Canal Carrying - Narrow Boat "Hyperion"

07415-298381

Web: www.mandpcarrying.co.uk

Email: mandpcarrying@yahoo.co.uk

Julia Cooke also continues to cover the patch down into Berkhamsted from the North.

Baron is currently in the pool at Little Venice awaiting supplies.

If things continue the way they have been this year, I'd be keen

on joining the group buy for delivery by road.

If we decide to do this i'll give you a shout. Early new year. Cheers

If we decide to do this i'll give you a shout. Early new year. Cheers

Thanks mate. Dom on Baron delivered 10 bags to me yesterday and

said that the boat is heading back to the yard for some maintanance,

coming back this way early January. I did notice that he did not have

much coal onboard so folks had best get in quick.

Archemidies & Ara london coal boats

staying in london all over xmas back up and running every 2 weeks in out of london aft the new year about the 5th jan

thanks to all that support us have a good xmas

now we do pump out as well :captain:

I know such a section could be perceived as advertising - strictly speaking it is - but the benefit to the community should be enough to override that objection.

BTW - I am not a fuel boat operator, the opening post was just a cut and paste from a text that I received from one of the boats that operates in my area.

oooo doesn't that bug get on ur nerves :-) i kept trying to wipe it off my screen

Guest wanted

Well, I passed Callisto on Sawley Cut after the banter, but he said he had sold all available coal, and everything left was reserved. Leicester Ring needs a coal boat service!!

Tempting innit, If I were still a single bloke I would seriously think about it.

Baron passed through Little Venice yesterday with Dominique at the helm (Pete had predicted a weekend arrival in LV).

Liz is only going as far as Kings Cross and back for a while.

I had to buy coal at a petrol station for the first time in five years on Sunday. It's becoming desperate times for boats around London. I haven't seen the Candlebridge boat for months.

We went from having three boats and in around Central London all the time to having none at all.

hi just letting you know we are passing in and out of london every week to two weeks so you must of keep missing us call us on 07973915146 to place an order and never be short again

Julia Cook is currently in Berkhamsted, heading North.

But you need to look out for butty "Bideford" (not currently carrying its name) towed by the Northwich replica "Lactodorum".

Apparently whilst the extended stoppage at the Wolverton trunk aqueduct will be cutting the GU in two for several months, Julia will be servicing the Southern patch (Leighton Buzzard to Apsley, I think) with Lactodorum & Bideford, whilst keeping customers North of the stoppage supplied using Towcester.

What service!

Alan.

Guest wanted

They take card payments on Toaster! (This impressed me greatly. :D )

I've seen one of those card machines being dropped in before, hold tight! :)

Had a txt from Pete Wakeham early last week, he is bringing Ash(?) down to Brentford by the weekend and Baron will carry on fron LV. I guess that depends on the weather but I've seen him out in worse.

Edited by wanted

They take card payments on Toaster! (This impressed me greatly. :D )

Yes,

Some will - not sure which.

What many are not, (Julia included I think), is on the Internet, (although James from Archimedes and Ara is on here sometimes, of course).

Julia Cook is currently in Berkhamsted, heading North.

But you need to look out for butty "Bideford" (not currently carrying its name) towed by the Northwich replica "Lactodorum".

Apparently whilst the extended stoppage at the Wolverton trunk aqueduct will be cutting the GU in two for several months, Julia will be servicing the Southern patch (Leighton Buzzard to Apsley, I think) with Lactodorum & Bideford, whilst keeping customers North of the stoppage supplied using Towcester.

What service!

Alan.

Phil on Hyperion should be on another run. Think he did a Ricky/London GU between Christmas and New Year and should be heading north again to Marsworth. If I have any more info I will post.

D

Saw Jules on Lactodorum and Bideford just after New Year in the pouring rain. They certainly work hard for their money as do all the coal boats.