Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

Alton is all loaded with solid fuel & diesel. We're setting off in the morning from Fools Nook (Macc Canal Br 49) heading for Marple tomorrow night. Then Sunday onto the Upper Peak Forest Canals through to Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge before hopefully returning to Marple that evening. On Monday we head back down the Macc to Oakgrove.

If you need supplies just phone or text us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

Anyone seen Baron lately? I tried calling a few hours ago but no joy. I was expecting them on Weds, and have been at home ill all week and they haven't passed yet..

So now Chris has found something more interesting to do (hehe) who's got Smee?!

Anyone seen Baron lately? I tried calling a few hours ago but no joy. I was expecting them on Weds, and have been at home ill all week and they haven't passed yet..

So now Chris has found something more interesting to do (hehe) who's got Smee?!

Hello, I have just spoken to pete who said that baron it waiting for a diesel delivery and should be down in Brentford on Monday or Tuesday.

So I reckon the'll be with you Monday.

Oh that's brilliant, thank you :) I'm beginning to feel like I need to stock up for winter! Cheers.

It's deffinatly that time isn't it. Were off to friends this afternoon for a massive mulled cider making session and bonfire night. It's all big jumpers and thick socks from here on in!

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is interested, I just spoke to Dominic and Baron's in Islington just now, apparently not heading past Bulls Bridge until 'next week'. HTH :)

Bugger, pete told me friday,saturday, guess it depends on he hanwell stoppage....

Cheers

Bugger, pete told me friday,saturday, guess it depends on he hanwell stoppage....

Cheers

I havn't seen a moving coal boat (near my boat) since Late May. I did see a loaded Towcester about to go up the Buckby locks at dusk last friday, but there aint no-one serving the Soar!!!

I havn't seen a moving coal boat (near my boat) since Late May. I did see a loaded Towcester about to go up the Buckby locks at dusk last friday, but there aint no-one serving the Soar!!!

There you go, there's an opening for you :)

Ariel has been tied at Hesfords during the week. I'll be setting off from there tomorrow afternoon and heading up to Lymm.

On Saturday I'll be back in Sale temporarily as Ariel has the job of carrying Santa on the town's Christmas Lights switch on. Then it's back to Lymm for Saturday evening for Sunday morning deliveries.

Info and/or orders as usual on 07748 958303.

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

Alton is all loaded again with diesel, solid fuel etc. Once again we're setting off from Oakgrove (Macc Br49)in the morning on our fortnightly coal round. Tomorrow we hope to get to Poynton or High Lane, then through Marple to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth on Sunday, making the return journey on Monday & Tuesday.

If you need supplies please just phone or text us on 07791345004 or look out for us on route.

Cheers, Brian

PS I'm sorry to say that the Fools Nook Inn has closed it's doors and shut up shop this week, so it's a long walk to the pub from Oakgrove now.

• 2 weeks later...

Were out on our Christmas Coal & Beer run this week, we've delivering Red Willow "Smokeless" beers for all our customers. Today we've had a busy day in the snow & ice from Macc to Poyton, but we've been looked after with homemade tomato & lentil soup and coffee & cake. Tomorrow we're heading through Marple & the onto the Peak Forest to New Mills & Furness Vale. On Monday we'll deliver around Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth then back down the Macc through Bollington to Oakgrove on Tuesday. The rest of the week will then be taken up with road deliveries to Congelton, Kidsgrove, Wheelock, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Anderton, River Weaver, Ashton-u-Lyne & Manchester Piccadilly.

If you need any supplies just give us a call on 07791345004.

Merry Christmas from Brian & Ann Marie

PS we've very pleased to say that Zoe & her team have now reopened at the Fools Nook pub (Macc br49) & we wish them all the very best.

Hi all,

I will be making the last deliveries before Christmas between Sale and Lymm this Friday afternoon.

Ariel will be leaving Sale at around noon and heading to Lymm. As I have a lot of pre-arranged deliveries, those that can't be made on Friday will be made on Saturday morning before heading back to Sale.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year from Longford Canal Services :)

Pete on Baron has said he'll be in Brentford today, tuesday or wednesday. I know his old man isn't well which may scupper his plans.

The coming of the Messiah was less anticipated than the arrival of Baron in Brentford!

(with all due respect to Pete's family troubles)

I haven't seen any of the coal boats for ages. Last one was Liz a couple of weeks ago, and she didn't even have any diesel. I'm sure it was all so easy last year.

Hello,

Yes it has been a bit hit and miss this year, I think Pete is having to stay close to home due to his Dad's ill health. Liz seems to come down to Brentford every 8 weeks or so.

Pete did tell my neighbour that he would be down before Christmas but it is looking unlikley IMO. We are thinking of clubbing together with some friends for a bigger coal delivery by road. You would be more than welcome to buy in if it helps? (it might not happen if a boat turns up soon though)

Baron passed through Little Venice yesterday with Dominique at the helm (Pete had predicted a weekend arrival in LV).

Liz is only going as far as Kings Cross and back for a while.

I had to buy coal at a petrol station for the first time in five years on Sunday. It's becoming desperate times for boats around London. I haven't seen the Candlebridge boat for months.

We went from having three boats and in around Central London all the time to having none at all.