Chatroom error message

Featured Posts

Its working for me now, at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Only JamesLeeds in there now, fast asleep in the corner, clutching an empty scotch bottle....

:lol: Is "stupid o'clock in the morning" a bit like "bladder o'clock in the morning"?

Please fix it DHutch... otherwise I might have to go outside and talk to non-virtual people! :unsure:

Edited by BlueStringPudding

It's giving me a new error message and won't let me log into the chatroom. Anyone know what this means?

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

IM here im here... sorry ive not been online more. Dont forget you can always email sitehost@canalworld.net

Will get it looked into and get back.

Daniel

The problem is back, for me tonight at 22.05 least....

"An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator."

ETA: I am failing to get in using IE8 and WinXP. Switching to Firefox 5.0 allows me in. Hmmmm....

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Looks like the issue is down to access (or more correctly, lack of) to the invision servers which host the chat functionality (separate to our own hosting, which runs the forum) but keep me posted if it continues and i will feed the information on to there tech team.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Getting old message again this evening:

[#CSTART-12] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

Off to facebook for me, then!

Just got kicked out and then this message when trying to re enter! Something I said?

Well, the chatroom has tired of blocking me with CSTART messages and now it's using CJOIN messages. Grr. And today I have a really good internet reception so I can't blame that anymore.

Pleeeease! If anyone knows how I can prevent the CJOIN-0 error message, please let me know.

Thanks

Lisa

I was in the chat room ,then for no reason i got kicked out ,then it took me another 20 minutes to get back in ,why is this ?,all i kept getting was this message !

[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

I was in the chat room ,then for no reason i got kicked out ,then it took me another 20 minutes to get back in ,why is this ?,all i kept getting was this message !

[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

Ditto cant join at all gutted and pissed off..... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

problems again!

:(

I'm getting that one again too tonight. Interestingly it also shows no one in the chatroom when looking at the main forum summary page. The next minute it shows 9 people. Then it shows one. Then 0. I think it's gone bonkers

I think Geoff has fallen asleep in the corner and his foot is wedged against the door

Interestingly, the front page of the forum is now telling me that BlueStringPudding is one of the members currently in the chatroom. Unless I have a doppleganger that's quite impressive, coz I'm here, not in the chatroom!

I just took a peek, (after you posted this), and surprisingly it did think you were in there. But then you left, even without having been there in the first place it seems.

It seemed a very weird place, so I left hastily too!