Bucket and Chuck it

Spacebar

Featured Posts

If by 'dump' you mean toilet waste, even if it were legal to dump brown water overboard (which i'm sure it isn't) you would soon find yourself very unpopular amongst other boaters. Mind you I did meet a guy who had a macerator loo and (unknown to him) a seacock. He said he was still waiting to need a pumpout after 8mths of cruising. :D

Would never have happened with a cassette loo :P

No!

These days a "Bucket and chuck it" system is like a portapotti, without the cartridge, such as the Kampakhazi.

2330_khazi3_original.jpg

You still have to dump the waste in an Elsan point, though.

Or somebodies pump out tank :P

If by 'dump' you mean toilet waste, even if it were legal to dump brown water overboard (which i'm sure it isn't) you would soon find yourself very unpopular amongst other boaters. Mind you I did meet a guy who had a macerator loo and (unknown to him) a seacock. He said he was still waiting to need a pumpout after 8mths of cruising. :D

ooh I say!

Now thats what I call a proper loo not like these daft thetford things nice and deep for the biggest of logs!

You can imagine the dog walkers when they occasionally use the dog do bin after just seeing me use it muttering under their breaths ''f me he must have a great dane on that little boat somewhere''

Hi can anyone tell me if its allowed to dump your dump into the water?

I read an artical a few years back in a canal mag think it was waterways world where a guy had the bucket and chuck it method on his boat.

Thanks.

No you cannot legally empty your bucket into the canal, you can empty them at sanitary stations.

Tim

They are not supposed to.

My dog used to do this, with no training from me.

Unfortunately he stopped, when he lost a leg, so I had to start picking it up.

Edited to say that in the thread referred to, most people thought dogshit going into the canal was OK

Mac

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

I wish somebody would clean up after the Mallards. They crap all over the counter of our boat, the towpath, and in the canal.

I've got a gaggle of canada geese and a couple of swans right next to my boat, i'd certainly prefer mallards if poo is being judged.

Edited to say that in the thread referred to, most people thought dogshit going into the canal was OK

Mac

I don't believe I expressed an opinion, merely stated a fact.

As to the criminality of my dog's actions, I'll leave that up to a higher authority to judge...

Dave!?

Hi can anyone tell me if its allowed to dump your dump into the water?

I read an artical a few years back in a canal mag think it was waterways world where a guy had the bucket and chuck it method on his boat.

Thanks.

Bucket and chuck it is alive and well on a number of boats.

The chuck it just isn't into the canal.

Actually, come to think of it, amongst all the things that everybody on the canals cannot agree about, emptying the loo in the canal is not one of them.

IME, even the most "live and let live" of boaters will not tolerate fellow boaters emptying human excrement into the canal.

IME, even the most "live and let live" of boaters will not tolerate fellow boaters emptying human excrement into the canal.

Actually, I think that the worst part about this would probably be the "Blue" used in the loo, (assuming it's a "normal one"). It really is very unpleasant and harmful stuff.

In that respect an animal crapping in the cut isn't really as bad.

Although I'd not advocate that boaters try and dump their own straight in without the use of a bucket, either!

On French canals and rivers it goes into the water , and they swim and have beaches.

We were tied up one night and a police car stopped , both policemen got out, peeded into the cut got back in the car and drove off.

Tony - Wilderness Beaver Haricot

Edited by tonyrad

Well that's a firm no then.

Although I can understand not wanting the blue stuff or loo roll in the water compared to some of the stuff that goes in I am actually surprised urine and poo is a problem especially if it were liquidated.

Thanks.