Rickmansworth Festival 21-22nd May

pepper

Featured Posts

Hello all

This all seems to be lacking a little in enthusiasm this year compared to other years.have you all turned healthy ?very few mentions of beer or beer tent, not one mention this year on cake & biscuits.Iv always enjoyed Ricky for the fun & banter during & prior ,come on shake a leg & get into the spirit that Ricky is know for

Jeannette

Hello all

This all seems to be lacking a little in enthusiasm this year compared to other years.have you all turned healthy ?very few mentions of beer or beer tent, not one mention this year on cake & biscuits.Iv always enjoyed Ricky for the fun & banter during & prior ,come on shake a leg & get into the spirit that Ricky is know for

Jeannette

Last year Baldock said my beautiful home made cup cakes looked like 70s wallpaper! This year he'll be lucky if he gets a chocolate crispie cake :P

Jeanette - I think youve missed the point that we are mmore cool (!) than to brag that we WILL be consuming too much ale and living in the bar when open or darkish. or playing at tuc of war verses the Tugs, clover et all - just have to tow victoria backwards again !!

hopefully meet a few folks and connect names to faces and boats!

Jeanette - I think youve missed the point that we are mmore cool (!) than to brag that we WILL be consuming too much ale and living in the bar when open or darkish. or playing at tuc of war verses the Tugs, clover et all - just have to tow victoria backwards again !!

hopefully meet a few folks and connect names to faces and boats!

(Being cool) I would rather be silly & have fun & enjoy the w/end. Have to go to Daventry in the Morning but aim to be around to see the tug of war & all the fun & see what tricks others have up their sleeve !!!,will look out for you & say hello (what table in the beer tent will you be under then??)

Jeannette

Tricks?! ..... is cheating 'using the situation and resources available to you to your best possible advantage' allowed?

anything is allowed - as long as the judges (Adrian and Chris) don't see it!!

I was only caught out in the past, assisting with a bow line to the moored boats 'cause the audience grassed us up....

Hopefully we will appear in time for the T-O-W, we now have to commute from Wiltshire rather than Croxley.

Simon.

Think I will pop up for a beer Saturday lunch time, guess there will be a bus from Uxbridge to Rickmansworth.

IIRC the 724 Greenline doesn't go through Uxbridge, and none of the U busses go as far as Rikki. You can get to nearly Coppermill by bus then walk up the towpath.

The alternative being the Metropolitan Line via Harrow. We appear to be leaving enough of it running this weekend for your needs. . . .

Simon.

IIRC the 724 Greenline doesn't go through Uxbridge, and none of the U busses go as far as Rikki. You can get to nearly Coppermill by bus then walk up the towpath.

The alternative being the Metropolitan Line via Harrow. We appear to be leaving enough of it running this weekend for your needs. . . .

Simon.

On that PDF someone posted earlier there's something about a vintage Met line train and bus from Ricky station to the canal - you could arrive in style!

There's a good possibility I'll be there on Saturday afternoon. Will have to wear my Lapworth Banter badge to mark me out as a forumite.

Daniel, what happened to the T-shirt plan? :)

PC

I think our ring master should be prevailed upon (do excuse my dreadful syntax) to call us all to attention at the ToW! We shall be in the beer tent ce soir, although I might knock on a few boats to say hi on my way home from work today :)

I did say hello to someone on Nuneaton this a.m., but he looked a bit bleary at 6.45 ;)

I did say hello to someone on Nuneaton this a.m., but he looked a bit bleary at 6.45 ;)

He would do, we were having mixed grill and refreshments still at gone 11 last night!!!!.

The plastic boats have miraculously moved across the canal today so it's down to the real boats now (sorry phylis).

I am currently fraudulently occupying the TNBT outside berth as they need regular punting to the beer shelves at Tesco, Chris is trying to move me to 15C but 15A&B aren't there yet and I have no mud anchors.

There is also an unlicenced rubber dinghy buzzing about, it appears to be too narrow for a cross bed so must be Jenlyn's new fender. :lol:

He would do, we were having mixed grill and refreshments still at gone 11 last night!!!!.

Nae sympathy - we were the ones who pi$$ed everyone off arriving late last night ;) and I was still up at 6! I wasn't refreshed however!

No idea where we're moored yet as we never received our mooring position and a nice man named John assured me that he would position us with his tug today. Oooh-er!

we're on mooring 12 opposite Tescos, with Matty40 alongside by sheer coincidence. So mini banter in progress as I write. Just poling across for more beers.

down on 33b

I don't need a license for it, am not selling alcohol from it! Tho a can has exploded in it and filled it with cider

Mind you the Strawberry Cider was fantastic

Bob B