New Diesel Price

Ark Right

Featured Posts

Our marina gets its first load of the new fuel on Monday, the cost at the pump is up from 73p a litre to 88p for non propulsion. Boaters getting shafted again ?

I sell diesel. The fact is that the wholesale price has shot through the roof, although 88p sounds a bit sharp to me - is there no competition where you are? To give you an idea, the wholesale price I have just paid is 35% higher than 3 months ago.

Including domestic heating oil users. This is the trade body's position.

David

Or to put it more succinctly: "There is a lot of demand from desperate people whose only heating is oil so let's screw them." The fact is, there should be regulation, as there is with gas and electricity.

I heard a spokesman for the fuel suppliers - Oil-u-Like or something - on Radio 4's Today programme just before Christmas. He struggled pathetically to try and justify the unjustifiable.-

Our marina gets its first load of the new fuel on Monday, the cost at the pump is up from 73p a litre to 88p for non propulsion. Boaters getting shafted again ?

Before the Vat hike down here it was £0.824p/ltr for 100%. Don't think the boatyards can afford to put it up too much and loose trade. They still have to maintain there limited profit margin to stay in business.

Our marina gets its first load of the new fuel on Monday,

A bit slow then ;) the marina and coal boat round here had theirs well before Christmas.

I say again the VAT on the fuel we buy has not changed.

The only rise in cost of NON- propulsion is the oil companies rise, VAT has not changed.

I cannot be certain as I am now retired but duty for road fuel has risen and it would be a miracle if the government had not increased duty on red at the same time, AND in recent years, that has been the same number of pennies per litre i.e. a vastly greater percentage duty rise than road fuel.

George ex nb Alton retired

The only rise in cost of NON- propulsion is the oil companies rise, VAT has not changed.

And given that red for propulsion is also charged at 5%, any increase is down to a combination of duty increases and oil companies

I sell diesel. The fact is that the wholesale price has shot through the roof, although 88p sounds a bit sharp to me - is there no competition where you are? To give you an idea, the wholesale price I have just paid is 35% higher than 3 months ago.

So, Dominic, what is your non propusion price going to be?

Is it worth me coming down from Yardley Gobion for a refill?

K

And given that red for propulsion is also charged at 5%, any increase is down to a combination of duty increases and oil companies

Thanks Dave, thought that but was not sure so did not post it..

K

As I'm not sure Dominic has any involvement at Yardley Gobion, I'm not sure he can answer that question!

I know his empire grows, but GU wise I'd expect to find him at Stowe Hill!

Or is there something I don't know ?

Grove Lock Marina on the Southern GU was 85ppl domestic at the weekend.

talking to Pete on Baron on saturday - he is awaiting his next supply ( the suppliers didnt deliver as booked and paid for) but he excpects the prices to be .80ppl possibly more as the wholesale rate has also legged it upwards due to strong demand the oil companys are excercising the basic laws of supply v demand.. happy days for those that buy diesel.. NOT

Can you confirm if my understanding of the Duty Rates are correct?

Prior to Jan 2011:

Full Duty Rate 58.19

Rebated Rate 11.18

Reduced Duty Rate 47.01

Reduced Rate plus VAT @5% 49.36

After Jan 2011

Full Duty Rate 58.95

Rebated Rate 11.33

Reduced Duty Rate 47.62

Reduced Rate plus VAT @5% 50.00

So the difference between Propulsion and Domestic should now be exactly 50ppl?

Does this apply to supplies to a boat from Jan 2011 or does it apply after first delivery to the marina after Jan 2011?

K

78 ppl. Sorry for the delay in replying - I only just saw this post.

Can you confirm if my understanding of the Duty Rates are correct?

Prior to Jan 2011:

Full Duty Rate 58.19

Rebated Rate 11.18

Reduced Duty Rate 47.01

Reduced Rate plus VAT @5% 49.36

After Jan 2011

Full Duty Rate 58.95

Rebated Rate 11.33

Reduced Duty Rate 47.62

Reduced Rate plus VAT @5% 50.00

So the difference between Propulsion and Domestic should now be exactly 50ppl?

Does this apply to supplies to a boat from Jan 2011 or does it apply after first delivery to the marina after Jan 2011?

Yes. With the VAT included the new difference in duty rates between domestic and propulsion if 50ppl. Moot point about the supply issue. Boatyards that received a bulk load of fuel prior to Jan 1st would have paid the old low rate of duty. However, in selling it they become tax collectors for HMRC, and would have to sell the propulsion part at the new rate of duty from Jan 1st.

In France I had to pay last week 81 eurocents/litre for a 500 Litres delivery of domestic fuel, and I'm fed up with a couple of extremely wealthy people in the world that just for the sake of getting even wealthier enjoy themselfs speculating on products that everybody needs to survive. But what can we do about this ?

Peter.